It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever solve problems in your sleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have lots of problems with sleep, I have to have a c-pap machine since I have sleep apnea, last test in a 6 hr period I had over 200 episodes of sleep apnea.

One would think that I would not be able to think or solve any problems with all of that going on but in the past I have awaken with some answers because I thought about the problem while I slept and apparently attempted to die in my sleep.LOL

One was a word I could not recall from a test I had, the word was myoclonic but when I awoke I knew the word and told the sleep study person the word I had tried to tell him earlier. I actually dreamed the word and saw myself going yes that's the word.

Another was a friend had a skin condition, vitiligo, when I awoke I kept saying tattooing, Later I saw her and suggested she investigate tattooing, she said she had just read an article about this possibly being a treatment.

I've come up with many answers to questions or thoughts and sometimes even ideas and wondered how many other people actually think in their sleep?

[edit on 7-5-2007 by goose]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think I must be your polar opposite, I don't solve problems in my sleep I usually create them!!

Quite offen I will awake with a fantastic idea, like rebuilding the shelves in the office or fitting better lighting in the bedroom. These are two recent episodes that have now become problems!! I busted one of the brackets on the shelves - went to the shop "We don't stock that style any more" - and in the bedroom one of the light fittings is now a bare wire wrapped in gaffer tape.

Now all of my ideas have to go through a six month vetting proceduce, needless to say most of them don't make it!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
LOL Some of my ideas I thought up in my sleep have been a total bust too.

Apparently though you also think in your sleep, planning and coming up with ideas, they sometimes may not work out, but you obviously think and plan out projects in your sleep.

I think more people do this than realize it. I had a friend once who could not tie her shoes as a child, she dreamed about how to tie her shoes while asleep and knew how to tie a proper bow, first try after awaking though before she went to sleep she could not.

Of course this planning and thinking in our sleep is not like waking up tired and worn out after dreaming of being at work all night and having horrible experriences there. I was so tired I had to go back to sleep after pulling an all nighter without pay.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've never solved a problem in my sleep, persay! However, I have generated some very intresting and unusual ideas for solutions. However, I usually have to wait untill I wake up and then refine my ideas into a more practical form.

Tim

SR

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
HOLY **** me too I have these ideas or see things from a different perspective in the morning and when i was younger i used to look at chess puzzles in the paper go to sleep and i would be able to solve them when i woke up. It's like you brain just keeps going and going even when your not aware that it is crunching up stuff for you to understand etc.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think that might be exactly what is going on. The mind continues to process information for the day while we are sleeping. Psychologists say that is the reason people dream when the sleep.

Kind of brings a whole new meaning to the term "Sleep on it" doesn't it?

Tim

top topics

join