It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone UFO pics on C2C

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Cool, so it's japanese...so whats it say? Is there any translation?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
To me it looks like a Stargate. Maybe they found one of the lost Stargates here on Earth?!?

Excellent thought! It could be. Too bad the guy did not think to launch something up into it with a wrist rocket to see what would happen. But hey, the guy has major cohonies just standing under it.

I very saddened by all of the stupid skeptism here. Worst of all was a supposed moderator who exposed how closed minded he was when he stated something to the effect that this thing is fake because it does not look ET enough.
Like he really knows what an ET craft is supposed to look like.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Fantastic pictures. I dont belive for one second that this is CGI. Those writings are really cool too. It looks like some kind of probe to me, I dont think there are any pilots in it. May very well be one of the best real UFO pictures ever!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Apparently this guy took the photos and he says they're legit so there you go.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am working on duplicating the model a little bit more. I still think that this looks like some kind of medical equipment. I can see where some would think that this is a photo instead of CG, but I will continue to try to build it on my computer.

I wonder why a UFO would have Japanese writing on it?

[edit on 5-7-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If the photographer was speaking the truth (which I very much doubt) then these photos would be worth a small fortune.

The mainstream newsmedia would pay a high price for photos or video footage of this kind of quality if they were genune. No one in their right mind would post them on a website for free unless they were being dishonest about their origin, and doing it for a prank.

That's why pretty much all the videos you see on Youtube and Google are fake or prosaic.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am working on duplicating the model a little bit more. I still think that this looks like some kind of medical equipment. I can see where some would think that this is a photo instead of CG, but I will continue to try to build it on my computer.

This is kindof silly, groingrinder. Anyone with half a brain knows that you can make anything with a computer these days, just look at Jurrasic Park for Jabba's sake. So what are you trying to prove, really?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am trying to prove that I can do it. If anyone could do it, there would be models of this all over this thread. Perhaps you should build one and post it here? Anyone can photograph a model as well, but I do not see anyone proving that out by doing it either. Just talk from folks like you.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm trying to think up some keyword searches for this image. I'm drawing a blank. So in the spirit of collaboration....post some keywords you would include in a Google image search.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What a coincidence, as I was wondering why this thread has reached this many pages when someone on the first page already mentioned the tag saying something about Photoshop proof. Oh well, I decided to check out the writing a little bit.

In the pic where you can see "it" from beneath you can make out some letters, right? Well one of them is the Japanese katakana letter fur "fu", shown here beneath. The rest of them aren't as far as I can say (then again, I'm an amateur at Japanese letters).

If you check out this link you'll see that if someone were to do a real investigation into all the different Japanese techno fonts it'd only be a matter of time before he or she matched it to the one on the "UFO".

Then there's the placement of the letters. Why is the "fu" sign placed up-side-down on the far right of the craft, but in the middle of it placed 'right'?

Oh, and they look like CGI if you ask me, sorry.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If I could read the writing on the craft, and had a keyboard that would type them, I would use that. Perhaps somebody will come up with a translation that you can plug into google and use?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon

Then there's the placement of the letters. Why is the "fu" sign placed up-side-down on the far right of the craft, but in the middle of it placed 'right'?

Oh, and they look like CGI if you ask me, sorry.

That is exactly what happens when you do not UV Map a computer model correctly. Your textures, in this case the writing, appear backwards or upside down.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Someone mentioned a similarity between these photos and a report by a "Mr Brooks" I did some googling and found this.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good work on the model groingrinder.

I like to see users actually trying something rather than just talking.

Even if the photos are not of a computer model etc, it is still worth it to show that yes, this could be produced in this way.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
excellent work groingrinder, I can tell your very good at this kind of stuff.

I on the other hand, only been modeling on and off for 2 yrs. I really don't do much at all.

This can be done in anim8tor as well, but yours will probably look much better than mine lol.

I did this in 15 minutes.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538
Someone mentioned a similarity between these photos and a report by a "Mr Brooks" I did some googling and found this.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Nice find, that does look somewhat similar.

And for all you CGI ppl posting your models on this thread, you are all very good modellers, but there is no point to show that it could be modelled imho, so why bother? Are you just attention seekers? "Look what I can do!" .. I am sure your moms are very proud of you

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Acharya]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its nice models, but there's more to CG than just raw material. The original is a very good CG work if it is CG, IMO. Granted, I'm not an expert. But lighting is very good and the model (again, if it is a model) is very detailed if you look closer.

The text is somewhat suspicious though, because it doesnt make any sense. Something that "they" want us to see would be more obvious and easier to understand. Just writing things like that for personal use doesnt make much sense.

I'm guessing the creator of this put it there as a puzzle. It probably says something real stupid

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you Dulcimer.
I am not nearly as brainy as most of the people who frequent these threads, so I am lost doing the intensive research that gets things done around here. I am doing what I know to try and contribute.

XPhiles thank you for jumping in with both feet and doing something! It warms my heart to see a fellow modeler demonstrating the craft. I like using a NURBS modeler, because you can construct things by drawing curves. I am kind of lost when in a POLYGON modeler. I eagerly await your completed model.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

The text is somewhat suspicious though, because it doesnt make any sense. Something that "they" want us to see would be more obvious and easier to understand. Just writing things like that for personal use doesnt make much sense.

I'm guessing the creator of this put it there as a puzzle. It probably says something real stupid

The text could have been done by somebody who does not understand Japanese. They might have used it merely because it looked "alien" to them. Perhaps they did not know when a character is right side up or backwards?

d1k

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's good that these guys are posting their pictures they made. It helps proves the fact that making pictures like what's on coast to coast is not easy. As you can see they can get the basic shape of the "thing" but they are FAR from getting anywhere close to what the pics on C2C are. Very far from them. Like I said in my previous post, not even a fraction. Getting the basic shape down is one thing, but you can very much tell they are 3D models in a computer program where you cannot tell in the C2C pictures.

As for the writing being Japanese, if it is some kind of Japanese made technology that would be cool. But first thing that comes to mind when I read that is maybe the Japanese language, or something like it originated from something extra terrestrial. Could be why they are similar. Just a theory.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by d1k]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join