It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Missing Warships Massing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Mainstream Media Missing Warships Massing

www.gnn.tv

Sun, 06 May 2007 02:54:54 -0500
Summary:

Today, the Nimitz is rapidly approaching the Persian Gulf, where it will join two other U.S. aircraft carriers and the French carrier Charles De Gaulle in the largest concentration of naval firepower in the region since the launching of the U.S. invasion of Iraq four years ago.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Let's Rock! Fascist Corporate Warfare for the win.
I'm sure at least some people will enjoy that kind of news.

www.gnn.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think this is the vanguard of an invasion or massive
attack on Iran.

I do think that it's two things.
1. An intimidation thing to try to make Iran cooperate.
2. A 'just in case' option, in the off chance that we actually do have to attack (as in there nuclear sites) Iran.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
this is really scary . anybody remember in history where two sides were
supposed to be having a cease fire but one of the soldiers stepped on a snake and raised his sword to kill it other side thought it was an attack the whole thing snowballed. same thing could happen here.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There's other way's of making Iran cooperate. This whole "show of force" is a big waste of tax payer's money.

Not only that, I'm not convinced that there really are any nuke weapons in Iran. I mean look at Iraq. As they say, those who don't know history are bound to repeat it.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I actually forgot to add the link to the full article story.

Where is the USS Niemitz?

And here's a another slightly different Snippet in the first paragraphs.

Originally posted by iori_komei
Honestly, I don't think this is the vanguard of an invasion or massive
attack on Iran.

I do think that it's two things.
1. An intimidation thing to try to make Iran cooperate.
2. A 'just in case' option, in the off chance that we actually do have to attack (as in there nuclear sites) Iran.

And why should we have to attack? Whom do you mean exactly?
Please elaborate.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
*Cue staged false flag op*..

*pause*

*obliterate Iran and install new regime*

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
this is really scary . anybody remember in history where two sides were
supposed to be having a cease fire but one of the soldiers stepped on a snake and raised his sword to kill it other side thought it was an attack the whole thing snowballed. same thing could happen here.

Actually that is from "Le Mort de Arthur" by Sir Thomas Mallory. It was beautifully redone in the final volume ("The Book of Merlin") of T.H. White's wonderful fantasy "The Once and Future King", the source for Disney's "The Sword in the Stone" and of Broadway's "Camelot".

According to White's retelling in order to save his kingdom from civil war King Arthur decides to divide it with Mordred. The parties meet in a field with their mutual armies of either side. One of Arthur's Knights sees a snake in the grass and draws his sword to kill it. Both armies see it as an act of treachery and charge... the last the old king is seen he is running towards his own army with his hands out as if to hold them back.

Like J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" and Thomas Mann's "The Magic Mountain" it was a literary response to the horrors of World War One. "The Once and Future King" is one of the most human and humane books I have ever read, especially considering it was written by a severely repressed, guilt ridden homosexual sadist. It is as once very serious and humorous as well...starts as it written for children ("The Sword in the Stone") and becomes progressively more serious and tragic as it goes. It is essentially one long meditation on the nature of power and its proper uses and misuses.

I highly recommend it.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by grover]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Something to think about:

With France's new "US Friendly" President and the Charles de Gaulle CBG in the Gulf with the 3 US CBG's, could it be a mere co-inki-dink?

The mind boggles.....

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Something to think about:

With France's new "US Friendly" President and the Charles de Gaulle CBG in the Gulf with the 3 US CBG's, could it be a mere co-inki-dink?
I thought about that too.

Sarkozy is officialy the president of France after May 16, so we will see.

join