It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Roeder Resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Glenn Roeder has resigned as manager of Newcastle with immediate effect.

In reality I think he jumped before he was pushed, but, being a Newcastle fan, I dont blame him for Newcastle's current state, he's done the best he could with the injury ravaged squad he could.

Rumours are rife up here on tyneside that Sam Allardyce was spotted at the ground earlier today too, so I dont think it takes a genius to work out he's going to be the next manager.

[edit on 5/6/2007 by ukmicky1980]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I rather wish things had gone better for him, injuries and lackluster players did him in. I only was able to watch one Newcastle game this season and that was last week against Blackburn and the whole team looked a shambles , Milner seemed the only one on the pitch who cared.
Maybe we can get Big Sam or Sven in there and sort the mess out. the team needs 8 defensive players right off.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A good clean out is needed at Newcastle.

Get the lot of them in the showers with Domestos for a start.

Can't really see Big Sam or Silly Sven being too interested in the job, Newcastle is a stop-gap for managers before they leave the planet.

If they can keep Owen, it won't have been to bad a summer for them.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I agree a clean out is needed I doubt fat Freddy will allow it though

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
More Chaos at Newcastle. Hopefully this time around you get a decent manager in who says Bramble... your junk... beat it.... and proceeds to ditch the rest of the under-performers and useless players.

However, I think Roeder has done alot better than Souness and Souness is the one to blame.

You have a good keeper in Given, is there any defenders you would want to keep at the club? I hope the Aussie Moore is off.

Up front you are alrght.... Martins is brilliant and can only get better, Luque will get better. I rembmer him playing back at Deportivo and he was good, this guy was on par with Roy Makaay. Owen is to come back and the midfield is alright too.

No idea who you will get.... about big Sam though.... at bolton his style of play is quite aggresive and physical.... not as famed for fast attacking football.... .but at the the Toon... you are more of a footballing club as in good to watch.... so if your a toon fan... can you put up with the route 1 football? the other bit to that is.... if big sam did have this move planned.... normally the assistants follow the manager about... just Sam Lee is staying put.

I think one of the things with Reoder was... you knew he wasnt going to make you a top 4 or 5 team... so you can't really be dispaointed with the job he has done... compared to alot of managers he was prob on peanuts.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought Roeder was doing okay until the Birmingham game everything went bad from there, we need a new physio team also we have too many injuries.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah... you have been hit with injuries pretty bad. But you coped well, without Owen you still kept scoring goals. Just the comedy defence were dreadfull.

Dyer has came back well from injury, so hopefully he is sorted now as hes a half decent player. I still think the jury is out on him a bit cos... I don't think he has achieved his potential and when he was bought from Ipswich years back, he was tipped as a England 1st team player.

Rangers up here were prone to signging injured players..... Dan Prodan never kicked a ball.... Seb Rozenthal played about 2 games in 3 years... Mols got injured... Seems to have sorted itself these days though.

I remember seeing Owen on Soccer AM on Sky Sports, when they get the fans to kick the ball in the goats mouth of whatever it is these days, Owen wasnt allowed to particapate.

Who was it that signed Solano back? That was a good move as I always thought of him being a fans fav and he is an affective player to have.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Souness was the one who signed Solano back, I think Aston Villa got Ambrose int that deal, papers all say Big Sam is as good as signed I am not so sure myself. another thing I worry about is all of our strikers are short, except for Ameobi who I regard as a squad play he is only a starting striker at the championship level.

top topics

join