It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten German Bombers In The Air.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello there, obviously from my avatar you can tell that I am proud to be English, but usually that gives the impression that I would be racist and violent, of which I am neither! Just thought I'd clear that up before people see this and jump to conclusions.

Anyways, me and a friend were talking about our trip to the World Cup in Germany last year and how good it was, although the press made it seem like there was loads of trouble, there really wasn't as far as I saw. The main trouble came when the normal English fans were attacked for no reason by a group of Germans, and the english all just stuck together and didn't back down, but that was a matter of pride, they were never going to run especially after having not even done anything.

Sorry I keep going on a tangent! the reason for this thread was that I was just wondering if people really did find the ten german bombers chants sung by the English offensive or not? Do you all feel it has a hidden nasty meaning or simply just a bit of banter but in bad taste? Here are some videos, it's impressive just from the vids, but believe me, being there was electric!

www.youtube.com...

this ones a lot clearer to hear the words

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by mrbocci]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Are offensive and tasteless the same? I did find it rather on the tasteless side. If I were German, I might have found it offensive for a bunch of rather inebriated Brits to be singing something like that...but as an American? Tasteless will have to do.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
being a german it doesnt irritate me in the least

remember who won the last game at wembley?
or semi-final 1996?

or which team is probably playing the best attacking football in europe at the moment? ....and who is playing england in wembley on august 22?

so be free and keep on chanting

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If I remember correctly there were much more than ten German bombers that were shot down, but I suppose you need to take some creative license for the sake of the song. That was a long time ago though and the young lads singing the song certainly were not the ones shooting those bombers down. I can absolutely understand their immense pride in the RAF, but I think that they should have been much more respectful of the host nation's feelings.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Annoying yes, dumb a little, offensive no.
But I don’t think that the German police attacked because of a cheesy song. Most likely someone in the crowed did something that got him in trouble, he failed to comply with police people in the crowed decided to fight against the police, and the fight spread into a police Vs. English fans fight. The police went against the whole crowed because English fans are rather known for “hooliganism”. Just think about how many riots English fans have started and then you will see why the police acted the way they acted.

new topics

top topics

join