It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Armstrong sleep well at night?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its the fact dallas for me anyway is that we have an event which was the most important in our history, and we're not even sure that it really happened!

Its my favourite conspiracy I must admit. I just think it should be refreshed every now and then.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, thesneakiod, ask

I did however, say that I would like to see a proper in-depth interview by a good interviewer who asks questions for both sides of the argument in a calm and intelligent manner. I didn't say for him to be grilled by conspiracy terrorists.

and you shall receive. After the four excruciating seconds it too to type "Neil Armstrong Interview" into Google I was rewarded with these
results. You wanted a good interviewer? How about Ed Bradley. Or maybe Stephen Ambrose and Douglas Brinkley. (PDF Warning!)

The characterization of Armstrong as a hermit is largely a fiction. The man has his own IMDB page, for crying out loud, he's lent his voice to "The Simpsons" and appeared in various documentaries.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by PhloydPhan]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the links phloydphan and as I suspected there was not one video of him being questioned over the consiracy of the moon landing.
Just self-cameos, voice overs or presenting gigs.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
He must be aware of what some people think of him, or that some doubt what he did. wouldn't he want to make it certain to people that he is in fact a American hero and just not a puppet for NASA?

Catch 22 eh? Given how agressive "hoax" thoerist are with thier convictions, it is unlikely he would be able to convince any "interviewer" with that belief that he is not in on it. So I fail to see any motive or incentive to allow such requests. These groups will see him one of two ways: 1) a total dupe , 2) Still lying. Given those choices he chose to not indulge them. Nothing wrong with that at all.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

OK, where has he done interviews "Again and again" fredt? could you give a link to ONE?

I never said he did an interview on the subject. I said he has told his moon landing story over and over again. Its been almost 40 years and the list of literature and media is really lengthy. Just google his name.

As far as being questioned during an interview about his "supposed" participation in a coverup, short of him saying "yes we faked it" how many people will be satisfied if he stands up and says "we did it" during such an interview? I doubt you or any others with the "hoax" viewpoint will change thier minds anyway eh?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm really not understanding why anyone would believe for one second that Armstrong is obligated in any way to give interviews. He is a private citizen and as such as the right to lead his life any way he chooses. If he doesn't want the limelight that's his right. If you wish to believe the moon landing is a hoax have at it. Armstrong is under no obligation to you or anyone else to convince you differently.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seen (read) the 60 Minutes, Bradley (RIP) interview a bit ago while having the same discussion on another site. Was there not the suggestion somethings up re Mr Armstrong's statement? ie:

"I just don't deserve it [the attention for being the first man on the Moon] I wasn't chosen to be first..."
Or am I misreading.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In defense of the naysayers, Armstrong's body language is terrible. He looks like a man with a secret. That press conference with the three of them was interesting. They all looked uncomfortable.

Thanks for posting the link for that video. I've never seen that before. The earth-shot portion of that film was quite an eye-opener.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeh dallas its like the old saying;
"some are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them."

If he is lying, depending on his conscience, it must be a heavy burden to carry and he must look up the moon and wince.

Or he could look up a feel proud that he was the first one on it.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I just watched "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"(again)
Compelling stuff as always.

I watched him land on the moon. The whole coverage. In fact, I watched all the moon landings. They were far more compelling than that pack of lies and disinformation.

Yet if he's telling the truth surely there's a way of proving to the public that they did go once and for all. Its meant to be America's most pioneering moment yet they can't comprehensively prove it without doubt.

There is a difference between "irrefutable proof" and "proof that the 'we never went to the moon' " crowd will want. We could take them along to the moon, show them the equipment up there (heck, we left a mirror up there that's used to measure the moon's distance and other things) and they'd still say it was staged.

They don't want to believe.

I know this topic has been done ad nauseum, but I think that Armstrong's reluctance to do any interviews beside staged conferences with set questions speaks volumes.

I could also be talking complete $%£"!
But it is a sunday afternoon!

Armstrong has done thousands of interviews. Google shows slightly over 1 million hits on that search term. He's been quoted in books, interviewed on television, etc, etc. And he's been harrassed by a very few people who don't believe he traveled to the moon and who have literally hounded him and the other astronauts to try and get them to "confess".

Most famous people can only be interviewed by appointment (like Stephen Hawking or Queen Elizabeth, etc, etc.) I'm sure he'd be glad to give an interview to a reporter... but he's going to screen them first to make sure that it's not another whack job trying to get him to "confess" and make up some inane lie about them NOT going to the moon.

Can you imagine how tiresome that is?

Do yourself a favor... see if you can find the original moon landing footage that we all watched back then. You'll miss the supplementary stuff (like the weeks of tv coverage of the science and all), but you can at least get some sense of history.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So byrd, just because you believe that they happened because you watched it on TV, That makes it definite?

This conspiracy theory isn't here for no reason you know, the mass of irregularities and the secretness of the raw details shows that there is more to it that meets the eye.

Have you actually seen the raw unedited footage(There must be hours of it )of the any of the moon landings?

I bet you haven't.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I talked to Neil the other night, so I feel qualified to answer...

...and the answer is YES, he does sleep well. Not only that but he says to tel you, "Thank you very much for caring."

So there you go Sneakoid

Feel free to move along to the "Global Warming" crowd. I hear they're real easy to rile up

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan
The characterization of Armstrong as a hermit is largely a fiction. The man has his own IMDB page, for crying out loud

Well, I have my own my own IMDB page right here
Does that mean I've been to the moon?

(just kidding, I just never thought I would have a reason to put that up)
I have been to Mexico though

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As i recall the first steps were like at 2AM if it would have been fake they would have done it in prime time. End of story.

mikell

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
yeh cos that would have been obvious eh!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
thesneakiod,
A lot of people on Earth live well based on lies they say on a daily basis. Why would Armstrong be any different? Thosuands and thousands of politicians, officers, doctors, scientists tell us lies, over and over again. They will NEVER retract their stories, for they will lose their source of living.
Asking Armstrong to tell the truth is like asking a gangster to tell us where he buys cocain and how many people he had killed and when and where.
When they decided to participate in the whole sharade, the decision has been made for life. Armstrong DOES NOT HAVE ANY OPTIONS. This is not a joke, the story is too big.

Right now, the rulers of the world are preparing WWIII (or something like that) that will take tens of millions of lives (or more). Do you think that they would hesitate one second to end a miserable little liar's life like Armstrong's?

[edit on 6-5-2007 by swimmer]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey Byrd.

Byrd wrote (paraphrase): Neil Armstrong's done thousands of interviews.
I differ with you there Byrd. He's done little to a handful.

My reasons for being a wee-bit skeptical as above mentioned, are as follows:
The radiation belt
The video of apparent vid set-ups
The shadows of the astronauts, and
The lack of dust around the lunar lander after serious down thrust to land.

I make no bones it may have happened, just would appreciate clarity on the above to satisfy my hesitations.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sorry about the one liner.
I should have pointed out that over half a billion people watched the event
so it was irrelevant what time it was on.

Hope that's not your argument for the moon landings

Its because there's so much compelling evidence for both sides, it can never be proven(by us)one way or another. I suppose its just what you feel.

But the fact is that it could easily be solved and shown unquestionably that the conspiracy theorists are wrong, and lets face it there's enough of them, the fact that they don't???? Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Surely its a massive slur on NASA and those who went to the moon, that their greatest moment in history is shrouded in doubt.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I thought that the mirrors left on the moon prove that we landed there beyond a shadow of a doubt. Anyone care to explain how the mirrors were left there if the official story is not correct?

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think I worded it reasonably, I just wondered how one of the most famous people of all time, who has done what no other human being has done, is not expected to do an interview from time to time.

How come, by the way, we haven't seen ONE picture or video of the landing pad, rover et all that has been left behind? It can't be hard to do surely? NASA, USAF or whoever has the information could settle the whole debate once and for all. But of course they don't and probably never will.

The only way to get a photograph of the Rover would be to go back and take one on the lunar surface. If you believe that we went in the first place, there's a whole host of problems with this approach, starting with the fact that we don't have the money, following up with the fact that, odd as it might sound, we can't build a Saturn V booster any more, and ending up with the fact that the American people and our politicians just don't give a flying *ahem* about going back, more shame on them. If you believe the first landings were faked, a new set of landings would more than likely be chalked up to fakery as well, wouldn't they?

Just to avoid the obvious follow-up...the reason that it's not possible to see the Lunar Rover from here isn't the product of any govenrment conspiracy, cover-up, or black op. It's a matter of (relatively) simple physics and photographic resolution.

I"m still waiting to hear the reasons why a new release of data from NASA would suddenly be believed, when all of the film (still and motion picture), and personal testimony already released is considered fake. I know that another poster suggested that 'all NASA has to do is let us see the original data in unedited form', but that's not going to fly with the 'hoax' crowd. I'd bet a car payment that the scenario would go like this:
NASA decides to 'make public' all of the 'hidden, real, true data', and invites a group of skeptics to come see the actual films (remember, folks...the 'original data' here is physical film plates, not digital images). This select audience is then branded as 'disinfo agents', and declared 'part of the cover-up' (alternate version: NASA used Super Secred Mind Control on them and brainwashed them into following the Official Line). Once this attempt at 'full disclosre' fails, NASA decides to try again, and scans every last scrap of data, and sets it up on the Web. The site gets several bazillion hits, and before a week has gone by, there will be fifteen threads on ATS, and at least a baker's dozen new web sites, explaining that the 'new' NASA data was edited, manipulated, or changed prior to being uploaded.

In short, given the behavior of most of the 'open minded skeptics' who think we faked the moon landings, I don't think it's possible for NASA to win this one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join