It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists are convinced that man can see the future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
Creating the future doesn't rule foreseeing the future out, does it?

No it does not.

If we take the examples on the first page, did for example the 24 miners who foresaw the accdent, create it? IMHO, no!

I didn't mean to immply that we create all of our future now, I am saying that I believe we do it in small doses now, but it will happen more often on a larger scale in the future.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well....thanks for digging out this old-old fact. Good to see that people are still replicating it with modern equipment.
Yes, its a very old experiment. I won't be able to provide a link but I guess it was called a polygraph experiment or something like that.

The amazing thing is - it even works on plants ! I remember reading some experiments where polygraph equipment was hooked to a plant and it showed 'distress' when a subject randomly decided to pluck a leaf out of it.

There is a PPT somewhere on net, which shows actual data from an experiment done on univ students. Hope someone will dig it out.

I remember that when I was a kid I had some 'special' powers to feel things in the future, even deaths. As I grew old, they faded.

Earlier science was devoted to the study of purely objective things, but nowadays Scientists are coming up with ways to detect subjective stuff. Recently NDEs were scientifically established. There is a video of that documentary on youtube and google.

Regards
RSB

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Well....thanks for digging out this old-old fact. Good to see that people are still replicating it with modern equipment.
Yes, its a very old experiment. I won't be able to provide a link but I guess it was called a polygraph experiment or something like that.

The amazing thing is - it even works on plants ! I remember reading some experiments where polygraph equipment was hooked to a plant and it showed 'distress' when a subject randomly decided to pluck a leaf out of it.

There is a PPT somewhere on net, which shows actual data from an experiment done on univ students. Hope someone will dig it out.

Those experiments are listed in the book i mentioned earlier in this thread, a book which im reading at the moment, highly relevant to this topic and general area of interest.

The plants experiment caught my attention also. They feel empathy towards the suffering of other plants! Its to do with the photon emission by all living cells, coherrence of the water within the cells and so forth. The plants may or may not be "alive", but the experiment was significant none the less.

This is how cell signalling works, and why the scientific establishment has delibrately tried to divert people away from this area of science..(quantum biology in this case). Cells can communicate with other cells pretty much instantly.

Consciousness does not arise because of the brain, but connects to us through the brain. The microtubules within the brain/neurons act as some sort of quantum processor/wave guide, which allows access to the zero point field. We are recievers of many different fluctuations in the zero point field. Its all very zen

EDIT: id just like to add that im about to finish my first year in a Bioscience degree at university.. saying all this goes completely against what im being taught at present (biochemical signalling) lol.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by shrunkensimon]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well...i had an experience one that was witnessed by a group of about 10 people. It was 1985 and i was fed up all day, had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Later that evening we were all in prep doing homework and i just was not into it. A teachewr came into the room and said he has something important to say and i said to my fellow clas mate that the Space Shuttle had blown up. I had no access to TV/radio at that time, none of us did. And the teacher said that indeed the Space Shuttle had blown up. It was the Challenger disaster which i think did take place in 1985. I was shocked and laughed off my announcement but i was left quietly shocked at my own insight! I wish i had been wrong though !

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic.

I see many people don't believe in it because of the free choice issue.

Personally, I have experienced a mild deja vu roughly once a month. The thing is I wouldn't necessarily call it a "precognition". For instance just yesterday I was talking to my boss at work. As our conversation was going on I realized I had envisioned this exact conversation before and knew what we were going to be talking about, what we were both wearing, the time of day, etc. However, by the time I tried to make an action to CHANGE what I believed was going to happen, the conversation was already over.

I can never get that sense of deja vu until it's already too late. Could it be the brain just processing information in a strange way? Is it really a convergence of timelines? Who knows. It is a pretty strange experience ... especially because it seems that I have no control over it whatsoever.

Anyone else experience something similar?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i wish i knew the lottery results put it that way.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Great. More "proof" for all the Quantum Mysticists out there (who literally believe in "The Force" (I'm not joking)).

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I experience this all of the time. Actually I drove down to NYC from Rochester on Saturday morning and left Saturday night. I was up for 24 hours. I had this feeling, a pre-deja vu feeling, and have realized that this usually happens before bad things happen. Be it family occurances, like a death, or just forgetting someone's B-Day. I do not get normal deja vu, more or less it's a pan out of events. As soon as I do not follow the path of events, they stop panning out in my head. It's weird, and interesting, so I have used it to my advantage. By no means am I a psychic, but it's just a common thing to me. Wish it worked for the Megamillions Lotto!!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Hmm..

I personally have experienced deja-vu multiple times throughout my life.. But I do not believe it is entirely possible to "predict" the future, to know what is going to happen because that would inflict upon freewill..

Actually it is not only possible, but it does happen. I have talked before about my own experiences in this subject, and because of those experiences I have seen that the future is predetermined but most people are not aware of it.

This is not to say there is no free will, but most often than not most people are not aware that what they think are choices they made, were already predetermined by their true self, that part of each one of us that is eternal.

IMO there is no other explanation for some people being able to see the future. The future of a person is possible to be changed, more so if that person is aware of his/her future, but more often than not, most people do not change their future. The future of nations is harder to change, because then the future of a mayority of people would have to be changed.

The choices a person has, more often than not are limited to the experiences that person has gone through life. For example, a person who was a victim of a crime "would more often than not" give a harsher sentence to a criminal who committed the same crime than one who wasn't a victim. Although most people do make their choices according to their experiences, it is possible for people to change. It doesn't always happens, but it is possible.

People do have choices, but more often than not, people will choose the exact same option that was predetermined. IMO true free will only exists if a person is aware of the future.

I cannot say 100% with certainty why only some people can see the future. My guess is that for some reason only some are allowed to see the future as part of their experiences in life.

I am not talking about "deja-vu" or gut feelings. A lot of people have those, and even those who can see the future have these experiences also.

I know for certain that some can see what will happen in the future. I have experienced it in different manners. From seeing the future as if I was watching a video, and being able to tell those close to me what would happen next, what someone was going to do or say, etc; to just speaking out what is happening at that exact moment in some other part of the world, or also speaking about some future event. In the last two I wouldn't see anything, my mind would just be blank and for some reason I would speak about those events. But I am never in control when seeing the future. These experiences just happen when i least expect them. Sometimes it happens as dreams/visions, more often than not while i am awake.

I have also seen the future in other ways. This happens only when my mind is blank and i am not thinking about anything. That's when somehow the mind can connect with whatever force allows us to see the future.

The only thing that I differ from what is said in the article is that for some reason those scientists attributed the ability to see the future with the brain, and it is not the brain that allows us to see the future, it is the energy that exists inside all of us, the energy that does not die when the body dies; that energy is what connects us with that force that allows us to see the future, but for some reason like always, these abilities are being attributed by some to the brain.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There was a segment of RadioLab (an excellent excellent radio show on NPR, by the way), where they talked about an experiment by Dr. V.S. Ramachandran where it was determined that the nerves firing off to move the finger were triggered long before the brain's impulse to move it. In other words, before you decide to wiggle your finger, your body is already acting to physically move it, by a significant margin.

The implications of this suggest one of three possibilities:

• Mankind has no free will.
  • Mankind has free will, but not in the conscious mind.
  • Brain impulses have feedback not limited to one linear time vector.

In any event, please listen to the segment. It's 20 minutes long, but it is by far one of the most fascinating experiments I've ever heard.

I also feel compelled to point out, to the user who suggested The Daily Mail as a "more reputable source" that the Daily Mail is a tabloid rag, on par with the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News.

(edit, fixed Dr. Name)

[edit on 5/7/2007 by thelibra]

• posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by thelibra
    I also feel compelled to point out, to the user who suggested The Daily Mail as a "more reputable source" that the Daily Mail is a tabloid rag, on par with the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News.

You have quoted me inaccurately, and taken my words out of context. Here is what I actually said (emphasis added):

Originally posted by Nobusuke Tagomi
    Here is the original Daily Mail article; some may consider it a better source.

I didn't suggest the Daily Mail was a "more reputable source," I suggested some may consider it a better source for that article, considering they wrote the original, and some of the Scientist's results were released exclusively to them. I had also never heard of the source the author of this thread used, so I just thought people may like to have the article as it was originally released.

As for you, Grimreaper797, you have made a few interesting points, I shall return to answer them sometime tomorrow -- there is much else that I must do this evening.

Thank you.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:02 PM
    link   
    Red flag:

For the results - released exclusively to the Daily Mail - suggest that ordinary people really do have a sixth sense that can help them 'see' the future.

Science released through the media is often the dubious variety. Besides, the headline reads "Many scientists..." which could be "a few scientists."

I don't see anything like compelling evidence here. Remember PEAR. Remember how Uri Geller fooled the SRI scientists. Clever people are not only capable of being deluded, but are ins some ways MORE capable of it.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
    link   

No, the Daily Mail is a comic, but it isn't that kind of comic.

Here is some information on the Daily Mail from an old post of mine. It certainly isn't a good source, that's for sure, but to compare it as being something like "the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News" is a gross act of misrepresentation. We should wish it were so lighthearted.

[edit on 7/5/07 by Implosion]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:16 PM
    link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
    Red flag

Science released through the media is often the dubious variety. Besides, the headline reads "Many scientists..." which could be "a few scientists."

I don't see anything like compelling evidence here.

Here you can find a video interview with Professor Brian D. Josephson of Cambridge University. He is one of the Scientists making such claims as those in the article. The interview should clear up a few of your doubts, and probably answer why this has been released to the media, instead of being published in a scientific journal. It's not like this guy is some kind of Cod helmet, he won the Nobel prize in Physics for discovering the Josephson effect.

You don't see any compelling evidence here because you clearly haven't bothered looking. I'm not saying that these theories are absolutely correct, but they certainly don't deserve the casual brush-off some of you persons are giving them.

I must leave immediately.

Good Day.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Nobusuke Tagomi]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
    link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
    i wish i knew the lottery results put it that way.

I would settle for seeing the results of the next gallops race five minutes before the jump.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
    link   

There was a segment of RadioLab (an excellent excellent radio show on NPR, by the way), where they talked about an experiment by Dr. V.S. Ramachandran where it was determined that

I am listening to that audio file, thanks for the link. It is an excellent interview and discussion.

The implications of this suggest one of three possibilities:

• Mankind has no free will.
  • Mankind has free will, but not in the conscious mind.
  • Brain impulses have feedback not limited to one linear time vector.

• I could be wrong, but as i have stated in the other post, according to my own experiences it is number two: " Mankind has free will, but not in the conscious mind."

Our true self decides what we are going to do, and pretty much everything is predetermined since before we are born. It is possible to change somethings, and for some people it is possible to change their goal, but it is unlikely, and most people without knowing, will choose the exact same options that were predetermined, which is why the future can be seen, at least for most people.

Only people who can see the future, can truly decide whether they will choose that which was predetermined, or make a totally different choice, and those people are very few.

IMO multiverse, or parallel universes all exist in a different frequency. Hence they all exist. The choices you didn't make will continue to exist in another parallel universe/multiverse with a different frequency.

It might be hard for some people to visualize, but energy cannot be either created or destroyed, it always exists in one form or another. Thoughts are energy, hence they just don't dissapear, or just appear out of nowhere. Every thought that you ever had or will have, is implanted in the universe, or one of the other multiverses/parallel universes and will always be there.

Have you ever wondered how in the world two different people can come up with the same invention? or have the same dream? Are these people really connecting with each other, or are their minds connecting to the energy in the universe where these thoughts, dreams and inventions exist?

IMO everything that has or will be invented exists as an energy imprint in the multiverses/parallel universes and some people through their creative mind can connect with this energy.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:20 PM
    link   
    excellent article.

just the other day i accidentally answered my phone about a second before anyone called.

that's been bugging me. i'm gonna keep an eye on this research and see what comes of it.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
    link   
    Einstein said: "Time is a persistent illusion."

The Queen in the mirror (Alice and wonderland) said: "It is a poor memory that only remembers the past."

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
    link   
    Cool Thread
    Read this thread it's got some very important essays that no one that is into science fiction should miss. GREAT READ!

Hey I actually believe that we can be able to see the future because, it may already exist, I think it already exists in our minds just like in the movie NEXT, which is really good I recommend it, so even though we may not see it as clear as a sunny day, we may be able to see it as flashes or revelations, dreams or prophecies, just like our past, sometimes our past is in a photographic album, but sometimes it seems so hard to think of the past that, it only comes to our brain as short as flashes of this and that. Also I don't believe the future is only one road, it maybe a great amount of posible roads, or ways, and we may be able to see some of them but not all, because there maybe an infinite number of posible futures.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:56 PM
    link   
    I get this all the time, for example one day I was getting on my usual bus home on a tuesday which is before dinner time. I am not supposed to use my bus pass at this time, but most bus drivers don't bother to question it. This day as the bus pulled up I thought to myself 'My pass is going to be taken off me today' and sure enough it was.

I find it quite strange that I thought this, he didn't really look like the standard grumpy bus driver. It was probably just a coincidence that I thought that, but you never know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join