It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Tenet on Meet the Press

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

you can watch it for yourself.
man the things that come across, the body language, the misinformation, who is writing the presidential speeches anyway.
takes responsiblity, but at the same time is not responsible.
LOL
they expect you to believe that they are the Super Power with super technology, yet they have no idea whats going on between the CIA and the speech writers.
the amount of public consciousness that was manipulated is disturbing to say the least.

after watching that and a commercial where a oil company is spending 300 billion on new oil technology.
I have two words for you.
WATER CARS
check my thread in Science

the world is so full of lies and lack of education...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
One of the biggest mistakes Bush made was keeping Clinton appointee, George Tenet, on at the CIA.

The Clinton Administration gutted the CIA, and Bush should have known a major overhaul would have been in order.

I laugh when people blame Bush for faulty intelligence leading to Iraq, when it was the Clinton administration that ran the CIA down in the 1st place.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yes but it wasn't Clinton the one that push into America the invasion of Iraq.

Keep the birds singing and the information coming at last Blair is resigning, while his partner get to stay in power.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Tyler Drumheller, head of the CIA's Europe Division when he retired in 2004, says Tenet's assertion that he didn't know that a key intelligence source for the attack on Iraq was bogus is "a lie,” according to a report by Jeff Stein, Congressional Quarterly National Security editor.

"This is a defense that he and Harlow cooked up,” Drumheller said in an interview last week, referring to Tenet and his writing assistant, former CIA spokesman Bill Harlow.

George Tenet claims, "I've since learned that there were debates between our analysts and our intelligence collectors about the case.” He does admit that he heard that some on the clandestine side "had a gut feeling” that Curveball wasn't straight, but that was it."

But the very credible Drumheller, a senior intelligence official with 30 years in the spy business, recounted that he immediately told headquarters about his lunch with his German counterpart – and there ensued a violent debate within the American agency.

Recounts Drumheller: e-mails were flying — between the CIA's Berlin station and Washington, between Drumheller and the top aide to Tenet's deputy John McLaughlin, and between Drumheller and Tenet's chief of staff — all through the fall.

"And if George wasn't aware of it at that point,” in December 2002, Drumheller says — two months before Secretary of State Colin Powell's fateful presentation of the (internally) discredited information to the United Nations — "then he's derelict…”

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes but it wasn't Clinton the one that push into America the invasion of Iraq.

Keep the birds singing and the information coming at last Blair is resigning, while his partner get to stay in power.

www.bercasio.com...

Looks to me like the american government as a whole and not just BUSh made "the big push".

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How fast can you say "NY Times Best Seller"

join