It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The amazing Derren Brown and his cheeky antics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Heres Derren in the US paying for goods with blank pieces of paper(no actors or stooges were used)

www.youtube.com...

Cheers Karl

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Any ideas how this chap does it?

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Zombies are real!
www.youtube.com...

Mediumship just using cold reading
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hi there, i'm just pointing out that there is a thread for Derren Brown that exists already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of discussion and even a guy who appears to know how to do some stuff...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Chuckles!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Derren Brown at the dog track-liked that one!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yes this guy is more believable than the like of Blaine or Chris Angel I suspect he is actually doing some type of hypnotism as you can find clues in what he says .

As an example in the blank money routine as he hands them the paper he's geared the conversation up so he can say "Take it it's fine" just at the moment he's handing it over.
Obviously some type of suggestion not saying that's all he does of course there must be more to it than that but he does seem genuine.

That's what makes him more believable to me anyway because if you look hard enough you can always pick up on something he said or did.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
Yes this guy is more believable than the like of Blaine or Chris Angel I suspect he is actually doing some type of hypnotism as you can find clues in what he says .

As an example in the blank money routine as he hands them the paper he's geared the conversation up so he can say "Take it it's fine" just at the moment he's handing it over.
Obviously some type of suggestion not saying that's all he does of course there must be more to it than that but he does seem genuine.

That's what makes him more believable to me anyway because if you look hard enough you can always pick up on something he said or did.

Thanks for the reply,I concur
It says at the beginning of Derren's shows that all the results are acheived by a mixture of psychological showmanship,misdirection and illusion but I can't for the life of me figure out how he did this one:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Russian Roulette one was trippy. I was able to identify the chamber based on a slight fluctuation in the counting of the assistant the first time I watched it so I think it is plausible that this guy is for real...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Lol in the first couple of seconds he call them a wunch of bankers, (spoonerism, I think).

Yeah I completely agree on him being more credible than illusionists.

Just watch the one he done with Simon Pegg, he was trying to guess his fav xmas present, Pegg had previously written it on paper earlier inthe week and Derren Guessed a Red BMX. Pegg was freaked to realise it was exactly what he wanted, but it wasn't what he wrote down, he wrote a leather jacket, but in the process of Derren talking to him, Derren said, "You may want a red BM, Xbox" or something else, (the BM = BMW) but the way he linked them together planted the SUGGESTION (a major word in all his games) that he wanted red BMX.

He throws so many words out when he talks you find it hard to follow but your mind sub-conciously picks up everything.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GigYWy2UmOY - 148k -

Derron Brown is very good! Look at Keith Barry. An Irish man, he,s very good.

Up there with Brown, Angel and all the rest.

Albert

[edit on 8-1-2009 by albertfothergill]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Derron Brown is very good! Look at Keith Barry. An Irish man, he,s very good.

Albert-Linky doesn't work.

Never heard of Keith Barry before but would be interested to see him in action

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Youtube don't seem to like Derren anymore.

New links:

Paying with paper:
www.metacafe.com...

Advertising agency (with explanation)
www.metacafe.com...

Trains of thought:
www.metacafe.com...

Shopping mall:
www.metacafe.com...

Derren bamboozles Simon Pegg
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'll watch all the linked videos when my internet becomes uncapped/unshaped. Thanks.

The only one I've seen is where he goes to the dog (or was it horse) racing track, and bets on the ones most unlikely to win. When they lose, he takes the losing ticket to the counter and gets them to pay out winnings.

Amazed me.

new topics

top topics

join