It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring a past experience; Curious and looking for advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hello all,
Long-time 'lurker', first-time poster here. Throw your tomatoes and various assorted objects now.
--
For my own reasons, I have recently been spending large amounts of time thinking of the past, podering the existance of the universe, and other such things that a person does when they haven't a constructive thing to do.
During the 'thinking of the past' phase of the mentioned ponderings, I recalled something that I had long since forgotten, but was vividly different in my life at the time.
I was something of the age of 5 or 6 when it happened, and, despite my innocent and rather ignorant disposition, I viewed it then as quite an odd event. It was around my birthday, and, as all children of that age did, could only think of what I was going to do on my birthday, and what I was going to get, et cetera. Every night I would think about what was coming up soon and how it would happen. One night, approximately 3 or 4 days before my birthday, my parents decided they were going out on a 'date', so they can be alone for a night and have dinner. They set me up with a sitter for the night until they got home, and that was all fine, it hardly deserves mention.
This is the part of my story where things start being different from normal though, and the part I've been thinking about for the past few hours myself. At one point during the night, the sitter and I were watching TV while we were idly playing Go-Fish or some other card game of similar and simple nature. Suddenly, I was both playing Go-Fish and simultaneously standing in a music store (Sam Goody if I'm not mistaken.) I saw my parents by the counter/checkstand, and I, thinking of doing nothing else, ran up to them and peered over the countertop at what they were getting. I saw a CD up there, and having been thinking of nothing else in the past day or so, I asked if that's what they were getting me for my birthday. I didn't hear a response, but I didn't find it odd that they didn't respond. I never remembered walking our of the store, or them walking out of the store. I don't think I realized that it was happening at the time while it happened, but when I think about it, that's the time that feels like it was occuring.
This isn't the strangest part, however, as I have another similar experience that occured that night while I slept that 'confirms' what I saw. I went to bed, and I strongly recall dreaming (not knowing I was in a dream, oddly enough) that my father took the CD and hid it behind the radio in the sound cabinet in my living room.
The next morning, my father was making breakfast (Must have been a weekend..?), and the first thing I did was go over and get the CD out. Both my father and mother were shocked at what I did, since they knew I was asleep when my father placed it. Upon asking me how I knew it was there, I responded with something along the lines of "I saw you put it there!" Past the initial concern on their faces, they never pushed it further, and it wasn't really mentioned again, and I assumed it wasn't important.
Now here I am, curious about what happened. I've never had experiences quite so vivid as those, it's worth noting. In fact, not many experiences at all that I can remember.
Can anyone shed light on what happened?
Maybe how I can duplicate and experiment with what happened, if it was indeed "something"?
Looking forward to responses, I'm very curious.
More information, of course, available upon your request... but nearing my 4000 char message limit, I don't think I can elaborate further

Apologies for the long post, I'm horrible at quickly jotting information down, great at essays for those annoying WR instructors that like 8 pages

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't know how much I can contribute to your understanding since this sort of thing has never happened to me but I see no one has responded and I'm a newbie too so I'll throw you a bone.

Sounds like you had some sort of out of body experience. Again I don't know much on the subject but it makes sense to me. I think that children are much more attuned to the spiritual world/plane/dimension/whatever and as we "grow up" we convince ourselves such things don't exist.

Sounds like your thoughts were focused on your birthday present, even if it was subconscious at the time you were playing cards. So you "projected" yourself to them when they were buying the CD. A few questions - was it actually a b-day present for you? That wasn't clear. Also, are you sure what you saw was happening "live" or could it have been on s previous day? Do you recall clothes they were wearing, etc.?

Overall interesting experience (assuming you're not hoaxing us!
) As for trying anything like that again, my only suggestion is to meditate. It will clear your head and over time if you do have an affinity for OBEs it may help you reconnect with that skill. Good luck and keep us updated!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thank you for the response, NineSquared!
Yes, it did turn out to be my birthday present, apologies for not clarifying.
What you say about the time of the event is interesting, I hadn't thought about it. I had assumed it had happened on the same day, same time, but I don't have any information indicating that my assumption was true in the slightest.
If it was indeed at another time, I wonder what that implies? It seems that seeing it "live", as you said, would make more sense... but we're discussing things that may not be very logical at all, so I'm not sure the logicality of a situation applies at all.
Thank you for the advice, as well. I'll definitely try that out, I'm very curious to learn more about this.

join