It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beating the banks at their own game.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Social lending is not something that is going to make you rich. The returns will be minimal, but that isn't the real reason you should be involved.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If more people become awear of this way of banking/giving. Some real good could be done.

I believe in charity, but I don't really like giving to the box shakers in the high street. I like the idea of helping people who wish to help themselves. This feels like a really good idea. It does come with some risk, but if you look at it as a charitable act rather than a money making oppotunity, put some cash in to the system and let it help people.

The Banks don't get their dirty claws in to people who just wish to give it a go.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And here I am talking to myself again. I like it, but people in the street think I'm crazy...

This is a serious issue. The banks force people in to debt, they're controlled by the NWO. OMG how many people go on about it... NWO this, NWO that, blah blah blah...

Here is a serious chance for you to put your dollars where your keyboard is?

Whatd'ya say?

[edit on 6-5-2007 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is an interesting concept which is another way to empower consumers and to offer more options to borrowers and increase competition in the market place.

Lending Tree seems to be a similar concept in that it puts many lending agencies at the "fingertips" of the consumer and increases competition among lenders for qualified borrowers.

Now, it seems, anyone who wants to make a profit from their captital can get into the game of lending.

This is called capitalism. Anyone who puts up money to make more money is a capitalist, perhaps not in the marxist sense, but it's close enough.

This is not a bad idea from what I can tell from the article, but it has risks and it is not to be confused with philantropy.

[edit on 2007/5/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Capitilist, ok yes I'll give you that one, because you will make some kind of a return, but investment wise this is just a waste of time. This is not the reason to do this.

Philanthropy by my understanding is giving money, which also you will not be doing.

This is a chance.

You give someone a chance to help themselves, get out of debt, start a business, buy educational material.

Also by offereing lending services out of the usual banking system, if this became more main-stream it could help to bring interest rates down on loans and credit cards, which are set very high purely to make banks a profit.

How many people are anchored to their mundane lives by debt?

new topics

top topics

join