It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black holes could also be portals to other universes, feel scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Washington, Apr.28 : A couple of French and German physicists have suggested that black holes could be portals leading to other universes.
www.newkerala.com...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is'nt really a new idea, scientists and astrophysicists have
hypothesized/theorized for quite some time that quantum singularities
could be used as inter-universal wormholes.

Personally I highly doubt it, while they may in the future be able to be
used as intergalactic wormholes, I really don't think we'll ever use them
to go to parallel universes, at least in the next several thousand years,
but even then I think that they will not be used.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
While they may be just that, you would be torn apart before you ever made it through. It would be very interesting if we could though!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Black holes arn´t holes, you can´t have a hole in a vacuum because it is a hole itself.

They are the result of a mass of mass compressed into a small space, causing a massive gravity field which pulls loads of stuff in, even light. So it appears to be a "hole" to us.

All this worm hole business is dreamed up by scientists on a fantasy trip

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Oblate Spheroid]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Haha i dare anyone to try and get near a blackhole.. not gonna happen.

No matter how hard you try, any molecular matter that comes within a blackholes reach is going to be ripped apart to the very fundamental level of its existence.. you'll just be converted to plasma before you get anywhere near the surface

You should look up stargates and starwalking if this thread has interested you

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Niel DeGrasse Tyson, an astrophysist and quite "Comical" individual does a great job with the total explanation of the universe and it's origin's. He has been on the "Daily Show" on comedy central 3 times I believe now and has always wowed his listener's , not to mention his new book that he speaks of on this clip...."Enjoy!-)"

www.comedycentral.com... &ml_origin_url=%2Fmotherload%2Findex.jhtml%3Fml_video%3D81508&ml_playlist=&lnk=&is_large=true

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe this theory has been around for quite a long time. Unfortunately, black holes aren't actually holes, as previously stated earlier in this thread. They're the most dense concentrations of matter in the universe.

Let's suspend disbelief for a moment and assume a black hole wouldn't rip you apart from the first atom in your finger on down to the last one in your toe. The rate at which you would hit the surface of any black hole would be more than sufficient to liquify you.

There is thought out there, however, that there really isn't such a thing as distance, that it's really just something we perceive to help us exist in this reality. So, in the future, i'm sure there will be new ways discovered that will show us how to travel instantaneously.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The work being done at CERN on antimatter may yeild some insight into wormholes. I'm afraid anyone trying too enter a blackhole would be wearing their anus as a hat before they realised where they went wrong.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
Black holes arn´t holes, you can´t have a hole in a vacuum because it is a hole itself.

They are the result of a mass of mass compressed into a small space, causing a massive gravity field which pulls loads of stuff in, even light. So it appears to be a "hole" to us.

All this worm hole business is dreamed up by scientists on a fantasy trip

And you "know" this because.......

Who's to say that the extreme forces at play aren't tearing the fabric of space a new "hole"?

I would hazard a guess that the fundamental make up space could be so warped in a singularity that there may well be a "hole". Stands to reason...

Where this "hole" goes, is anyone's guess...

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

This is'nt really a new idea, scientists and astrophysicists have hypothesized/theorized for quite some time that quantum singularities
could be used as inter-universal wormholes.

Personally I highly doubt it....

I personally feel that this theory has more credibility than that of a point of zero volume and infinite density.

new topics

top topics

join