posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:25 AM
Here's a complete rundown of 2003's Top 10 best-selling albums, per Nielsen SoundScan:
1. Get Get Rich or Die Tryin', 50 Cent, 6.5 million copies
2. Come Away with Me, Norah Jones, 5.1 million
3. Meteora, Linkin Park, 3.5 million
4. Fallen, Evanescence, 3.4 million
5. Speakerboxx/The Love Below, OutKast, 3.1 million
6. Dangerously in Love, Beyoncé, 2.5 million
7. Chocolate Factory, R. Kelly, 2.4 million
8. Metamorphosis, Hilary Duff, 2.4 million
9. Shock'n Y'All, Toby Keith, 2.3 million
10. Rush of Blood to the Head, Coldplay, 2.2 million
I suddenly feel like a frickin GENIUS. At least a snob. Okay, I'd buy OutKast...
But some of these smack of 12 year olds with too much allowance. Doesn't bother me, but the media picks up on Brick & Mortar scan data which is led
by sales to the EXTREMELY young without computer/download access or credit cards for on-line orders, and reports to the world that AMERICA loves R.
I didn't vote.