It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok, if you don't know what it is see it here.

What happens is you sign up for the game, download the client and pay a monthly fee (yay...) to play it. Much like WoW. (Which I hate.)

But you are a star fleet officer and you have your own little shuttlecraft. You'll be assigned to a star ship (in the command of someone else) and do your duties. You'll be part of away teams, you can be an engineer or security or other crew member. Eventually you'll build up your character and have the chance to command your own ship.

I think it's gonna be great, unlike so many other ST games out there. (although Bridge Commander and Elite Force 1-2 owned.)

So what do you guy's think? Any trekkies here btw?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Guess no one gives a

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, I'm a trekkie myself. This does interest me, but there isn't much out yet. Though they definitely have the development team to make it work. I hope it does pan out as a real contender to WoW but it depends if the game is good enough and can get a wide enough audience.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I've never been a big fan of WoW, but I'll jump on the bandwagon with this new Star Trek Online. I've seen some screenshots and some concept work. Looks nice.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm going to bump this in hopes that this goes somewhere. I'm a Trekkie myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i've been keeping track of it. this company had a game called (i think) Gods and Heroes? in the works. they halted development on that so they could focus on star trek online. there's not much out there yet about it aside from some preliminary screenshots and concept art.

What happens is you sign up for the game, download the client and pay a monthly fee (yay...) to play it. Much like WoW. (Which I hate.)

you hate paying or you hate wow? =) there are a LOT of games out there that have the subscription model and the only reason i dislike wow is the abundance of young people. while that in itself isn't bad, the ones in wow seem to come off as jerks more often than not. i prefer the more involved games that have less appeal to the masses. i actually hope star trek hits a sweet spot in terms of not becoming an "everyman's game" like wow, but still pulling in enough subscriptions to keep it alive for a while.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Freakin Sweet! I LOVE star trek. When is this going to be released? Can't load the website at work...maybe i will look it up when I get home.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm a fan of Star Trek but I really do not think this game will go anywhere beyond a very small scriber base. I keep an eye on this one to see how it’s going, who knows I just may end up playing it lol

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What about other races? Don't tell me its all Starfleet?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The license has been lost by Perpetual and will hopefully be taken up by another company.

This poor game seems to have been doomed from the start. Too bad Perpetual canceled "Gods and Heroes" in order to put forth all of their effort on STO.

mmorpg.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yup, they cancel Star Trek Online. But Nasa is exploring the possibility of developing an MMO.

Nasa investigates virtual space

You can also wait for Stargate online.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Trust me this game is gonna blow goats.

Most of the original developers left after perpetual entertainment came under new management, over disagreements about what angle to take on the game. The new management want a 'casual' approach to the game to appeal to no trekkies as well, also, instead of paying monthly, you would just buy the game and pay real money for in game items.

Just like all those terrible 'Free To Play' Korean Mmo's out there.

top topics

join