It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking! Hospitals are the 8th Leading Cause of Death in USA!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
One example springs to mind: the cost of hospital cleaning staff. ...Low level positions are often the first to be cut in cost-saving measures.

This may be a first Soficrow, I agree. Whenever a 'cost containment" consultant is hired, we know that we are going to lose housekeepers.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
bsl4doc, I am not saying that Hospitals are Deliberatly making people contract life threatening illness, just simply stating the fact that had said person NOT gone to the hospital, rather gone to a doctor, they wouldn't have died or even contracting the illness in the first place.

If the link in the OP isn't working try this one.

www.newsmax.com...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

There's no way you could possibly know that. You said she went in due to head pain, correct? Pneumonia can cause sinus pressure due to the infection, thus it could have been the first sign of early pneumonia.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
But doesn't the fact that sick and dying people flock to these places effect the study?

AAC

common sense

Yeah take that, and that!

Why don't you take your truth somewhere else Captain Obvious!

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 6-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
FACT: 100,000 people in USA Died last year from an Illness that they CONTRACTED WHILE AT THE HOSPITAL.

How can I make it any simpler than that. Can You Read???

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

FACT: 100,000 people in USA Died last year from an Illness that they CONTRACTED WHILE AT THE HOSPITAL.

And your source is a dot com website created by a man whom we don't know is a real doctor, and he provides no credible sources, data, or peer reviewed studies to support his "FACTS".

How can I make it any simple than that?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

And your source is a dot com website created by a man whom we don't know is a real doctor, and he provides no credible sources, data, or peer reviewed studies to support his "FACTS".

How can I make it any simple than that?

Dr. Russell L. Blaylock is a board certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina.

Dr. Blaylock serves on the editorial staff of the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association and is the associate editor of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, official journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

Dr. Blaylock serves as the medical consultant for the Fluoride Toxicity Research Collaborative. He was recently awarded the Integrity in Science award by the Westin Price Foundation.

Presently, he is a visiting professor in the department of biological sciences at Belhaven College in Jackson, Mississippi.

SATISFIED???

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ok, so you've copied his background blurb from Belhaven's site, now can you provide any information that the "FACTS" he proposes are true? He certainly doesn't.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"He was recently awarded the Integrity in Science award by the Westin Price Foundation."

Thats good enough for me. So, you are saying that he is untrustworthy? what makes you come to this conclusion?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

"He was recently awarded the Integrity in Science award by the Westin Price Foundation."

Hm....the same foundation that promotes alternative healthcare and organic diet replacement...connection to Blaylock's "FACTS" perhaps?

Thats good enough for me. So, you are saying that he is untrustworthy? what makes you come to this conclusion?

Seriously? You think that because he got an award from a private organization, that he no longer needs to provide sources for any claims ever? Really?

Well, when I was an undergrad, I was awarded Outstanding Senior in Molecular Genetics, so I guess from now on, you can just take everything I say regarding genetics as solid gold, no sources provided. Now that we've cleared that up, your genes are actually made of chocolate.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You are OBVIOUSLY Pro-Modern Medicine & Hospitals. Convincing you of the dangers of a hospital visit would be more difficult that passing a Camel through the eye of a needle. I will no longer try to do so.

Consider for one moment, you are in the medical proffession, are you not?
How many shots and meds do you take to eliminate the risk of getting sick? My sister is a RN, she needs to get new shots and take antibiotics all the time...does every patient that visits the hospital receive all of the same shots? Aren't they at the same risk as the doctors and nurses? I know that some patients can sit in a crowded emergency room for hours, aren't they at risk???

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You are OBVIOUSLY Pro-Modern Medicine & Hospitals. Convincing you of the dangers of a hospital visit would be more difficult that passing a Camel through the eye of a needle. I will no longer try to do so.

You are just as opinionated as myself, hence why I'm NOT trying to change your opinion, just asking you to justify it. I can justify my pro-medicine stance, but you have yet to substantiate your side.

Consider for one moment, you are in the medical proffession, are you not?
How many shots and meds do you take to eliminate the risk of getting sick? My sister is a RN, she needs to get new shots and take antibiotics all the time...does every patient that visits the hospital receive all of the same shots? Aren't they at the same risk as the doctors and nurses? I know that some patients can sit in a crowded emergency room for hours, aren't they at risk???

I get the same medical treatment when I need it as my patients get. I don't see why you would expect me to get some special "VIP" drug or something. The main difference, as FredT has pointed out in this and numerous other threads, is KNOWLEDGE, not denial of treatment. If your doctor tells you that you have herpes zoster and need acyclovir, do some research and ask your doc about the other options you find.

Basically, what I'm saying is that patients like you who basically feel like doctors and hospitals are out to get you and do more harm than good are odd. You tend to whine and moan about modern medicines as you take your herbal remedies, and then wonder why we can't do anything when you come in with late stage cancer. It's just very disheartening, more than anything, and I see it nearly every week.

[edit on 5/7/2007 by bsl4doc]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
so, unless the FDA steps forward and declares: 'we're killing 100.000 patients a year' it's not credible? if you take into acount the FDA's history of conduct in the case of Tryptophan it'S clear as day that it's not going to happen.

i presume that stories such as the quad amputation are only anectodal evidence.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I believe that FredT may have already mentioned this but I will reiterate for emphasis. How well do you think these people would have fared if they just stayed home? Is there anyway to determine who was affected by the hospital or who already had an undetectable disease?

Hey if you want to boycott hospitals be my guest. But I doubt I would have ever walked again in my life where it not for them, just check out my comments section on my profile at the bottom to see what I mean.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
so, unless the FDA steps forward and declares: 'we're killing 100.000 patients a year' it's not credible? if you take into acount the FDA's history of conduct in the case of Tryptophan it'S clear as day that it's not going to happen.

i presume that stories such as the quad amputation are only anectodal evidence.

Did I ever say I needed the FDA to make a statement? No, I don't believe I did, especially since the FDA doesn't really have any influence over infections contracted while in this hospital...

I'm suggesting that this Dr.Blaylock support his "FACTS" with any sort of research whatsoever. As of now, he's just making baseless claims, perhaps to benefit his own agenda.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The Fact is that there is no info available to the public dealing with the number of deaths caused by hospitals...

... does this lead you to believe that there are 0 deaths???

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The Fact is that there is no info available to the public dealing with the number of deaths caused by hospitals...

... does this lead you to believe that there are 0 deaths???

No, it doesn't. But, conversely, it doesn't make me believe some random person's statement on a dot com regarding the number of deaths without any qualifying criteria or supporting data.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
He's an accredited and esteemed DR. who is on the editorial staff of several high profile medical journals. He's not some random dude!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

He's an accredited and esteemed DR. who is on the editorial staff of several high profile medical journals. He's not some random dude!

I'm accredited (the actual phrase is "licensed", by the way) and I'm pretty well liked. So, does that mean I no longer have to give any supporting data for any claims I might make?

FACT: Cholera was a man-made bacterium, created by the Canadians in 1604.

FACT: HIV doesn't exist, it's all psychosomatic.

FACT: Every year, 100,000 people contract sudden adult onset dwarfism.

Now, since I'm licensed and I've gotten high marks and recommendations from peers, just like your Dr. Blaylock, I don't need to support those "FACTS", right?

Do you still not get the point I've been trying to make for two pages now? Claims are WORTHLESS without supportng data, no matter who you are.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

I'm accredited (the actual phrase is "licensed", by the way) and I'm pretty well liked. So, does that mean I no longer have to give any supporting data for any claims I might make?

FACT: Cholera was a man-made bacterium, created by the Canadians in 1604.

FACT: HIV doesn't exist, it's all psychosomatic.

FACT: Every year, 100,000 people contract sudden adult onset dwarfism.

Now, since I'm licensed and I've gotten high marks and recommendations from peers, just like your Dr. Blaylock, I don't need to support those "FACTS", right?

Do you still not get the point I've been trying to make for two pages now? Claims are WORTHLESS without supportng data, no matter who you are.

I have to say that I'm with you 100% on this one. Too many people o this forum believe what they read without looking for any supporting evidence. All developments in medicine (and all other professions allied to it) should be properly researched using double-blinded, peer based studies, and this research should be given credit in all statements made using information gained from it.

Dr Blaycock, given his background as an acadmic, should be well aware of the basic academic and moral requirement of citing all sources, including research, when making sensationalist statements such as this. Note that I do not deny that his statements are true, nor do I support them. What I do suggest is that I have no reason to believe his statement given the lack of evidence presented. In medicine, you don't stand on your laurels.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Those are problems with most of today's hospital's. Most of the infections are those MRSA, C Diff, Strepto A B C , flu and common Gastro bug... When you are really sick and exposed to them the risk of complication is multiplied by 10. Also, lack of funding means less cleaning services that spread disease.... People does't wash their hands... Instrument use not sterilized... A lot could happen..... But if you are really sick, you go to the hospital and you should go home fine.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join