It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are my calculations wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i was going through the members page (post count)
and found
2147-90=2057*38=78166

2147 pages of member names
38= members listed on each page
90 (well it was 66) but the extra 24 makes up for the 38 posters which were displayed

how come there are almost 78,166 estimated people with zero posts/topics

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh I personally know four people who have signed up but never posted. I dont know just for the fun of it I guess

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falken
Oh I personally know four people who have signed up but never posted. I dont know just for the fun of it I guess

firstly wow someone actuily replied to my topic this is cause for cellebration

on a serious note i just find it intresting that ATS is full of ghost accounts aswell where they are clearly duplicats by the same person :bash:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The way I see it, the total number of registered members doesn't mean all that much.

Many times a lurker would sign up an account, only to forget his/her password for one. Other times, you might have the "one post wonder". Where the newly registered member makes only one post. Never to be heard from again.

The best indication of a sites performance probably can be better judged by post count and or thread count, or better still by actual members online per any given period. Say memebrs/24 hours or members/30 days, etc.

From what I have seen from my relatively short time here, I estimate the total number of actual returning members may only be a few thousand. Less than 10k for sure. But you also have to take into account the part time members. The ones who only post at school or work, on weekends, etc.

So in all actuality this place is not so crowded as the registered member count might otherwise appear to indicate. But still fairly busy nonetheless.

How many forums have you seen where there is zero activity for literally days on end? Quite a few of those I have witnessed for myself.

ignorance denied for example, which was once just a stones throw away from ats (the link used to be on the board homepage here) There were many times I would log on there, and find absolutely nobody online.

Thousands of ghost accounts notwithstanding, I think I would rather be on a forum where there is always someone there to interact with. That is the whole purpose behind the idea of sites like this - communication.

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I agree Mechanic, I've happened to "cruise by" a few forums, comparing them to ATS is like comparing a mouse to the Universe. ATS is by far the best, probably the most active, the most successful, and the funnest. There are always over a hundred people on, and everyday threads are being made.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How do you find all those stats???

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
How do you find all those stats???

search members

it has list of all members and their posts

top topics

join