It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wants a One World Government?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
For a one world government to work you would have to make EVERY COUNTRY in the world MULTICULTURAL with no borders.
Then you would have to have all those multi cultures breed together worldwide to have ONE ultimate MONOCULTURE.
Otherwise, you would need to have a war to find a winner of which culture is going to be the one that is implemented. As people won't give up their cultures willingly.

I can't see that happening in the immediate future.

Only western countries have had multiculturalism forced on them by stealth without a war being waged first.
I don't think other countries would roll over so easily.

Until all the Asian and M/E nations are also brought down and cracked open to allow citizens of other countries to live/work there freely in total equality with all their human rights protected, it wouldn't work.

It would take at least 50 years for the constant brainwashing/reprogramming to take affect that would be needed for ALL the world to bow to one ideal culture.
What if it wasn't your culture that was selected. Would you be willing to agree 100%??? Or would you constantly try to destabilise, undermine the governing power??
It is after all human nature. It is in our DNA to self-protect.

While there are totally incompetent people with their own agendas in positions of power, there is no way that I would ever agree to a One World Order/Government as it stands at the moment.
The person who leads would have to be not of this world
and not have human frailties to be able to competently do the job. IMO

A machine of some kind that it programmed with global laws that doesn't show favourtism and whose decisions are law and final and binding.
Which doesn't have emotions, agendas, biases and prejudices to their own.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Flighty]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
For a one world government to work you would have to make EVERY COUNTRY in the world MULTICULTURAL with no borders.
Then you would have to have all those multi cultures breed together worldwide to have ONE ultimate MONOCULTURE.
Otherwise, you would need to have a war to find a winner of which culture is going to be the one that is implemented. As people won't give up their cultures willingly.

Not really, look at America, there is no single culture in America, different
regions of the country have different cultures, each state, has it's own
culture, which may be slightly different from the overall regional culture
it's part of, heck there are many cultures that transcend state borders as
well.

Canada has different cultures by region as well, though in comparison to
the U.S., I'm not sure if this is less so or about the same level or even
more so.

My point being, you don't need a single overall culture for everyone to
get along.

However, there are cultures that would need to change to be able to fit in.

A machine of some kind that it programmed with global laws that doesn't show favourtism and whose decisions are law and final and binding.

That would be an incredibly bad idea.

Laws should never be indefinitely concrete, and emotion is part of what
makes a good leader, not overly emotional, but a cold emotionless being
that only works on logic is not a good idea.

I believe that's called a Computocracy and/or AIocracy by the way.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
as my words expressed earlier i would chose death over living under the reign of a one world government though i dont limit myself to well if this leader was a robot whose laws are final and showing no favortism. it sounds great but it would never happen

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

My point being, you don't need a single overall culture for everyone to get along.

But you would. It's the clash of cultures that is the reason for a lot of conflict in the world.

However, there are cultures that would need to change to be able to fit in.

Its these people who would have a problem with it and hence make it unworkable. What if it was your culture that had to change? Would you willingly do it?

That would be an incredibly bad idea.

It's not really. If a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT was to work efficiently, you would need to have all of the worlds population living by the exact same rules/laws. You couldn't have one rule for one and a rule for another.
It would create conflict.

Laws should never be indefinitely concrete, and emotion is part of what makes a good leader, not overly emotional, but a cold emotionless being that only works on logic is not a good idea.

Emotions are what unscrupulous people use to get an unfair advantage over others. Emotions are easy to manipulate. It would only work with EVERYONE everywhere being treated equally and everyone having to abide by the same laws/rules.IMO

I guess we should all just wait until the messiah who isn't of this world arrives then. Because I can't think of one human who would be up to the job.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
From my experience the only people that would be opposed to a NWO are Americans and Muslims. The Americans don't like the thought of it because they would loose their dominance in the world and the Muslims want to take over the world any way, if they had the chance.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
From my experience the only people that would be opposed to a NWO are Americans and Muslims. The Americans don't like the thought of it because they would loose their dominance in the world and the Muslims want to take over the world any way, if they had the chance.

I don't want NWO and I'm europian, I do want the Europian Union but that is about it, I don't want the EU united with other continents or countrys that are not from europe

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Different states in America have differing laws, lots of European countries get along just fine with different laws and cultures. I don't think the difference in cultures lead to wars. Rather I suspect these cultures are whipped into a frenzy for war profits.
As Mexicans migrate to the US and US manufacturers migrate to Mexico the difference between the two countries won't be so great in time. Like it or not, it is happening. The same thing is going on in many European countries. The US is proof that cultures from around the world can live together and retain much of their original culture.
A one world government should be made up of representatives from each country of the world. Not appointed by the government of that country but elected by popular vote. No dictator appointees allowed. I think in a few generations, this would all happen naturally... if it were allowed. But there is so much money to be made on war. And a single world currency backed by gold would ruin all those foreign exchange profits. Those profits don't just come from nowhere, they are siphoned out of the value of each persons money.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah but that's an American point of reference.
We are talking about a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT.
The world consists of hundreds of countries with different values, cultures, customs.
It would be an absolute nightmare to run unless everyone was of the same ilk.
The world would have to forego things like nationalism, religion, culture for the harmony of the world and for a world wide government to be able to function efficiently.
I think the notion of having a one world government in the foreseeable future is laughable because lets face it, Israel and Palestine can't even see eye to eye.
Magnify that to include all the other squabbles and problems that lots of other countries have around the world and this new government wouldn't be able to function until all that was done away with.
It's never going to happen.
Besides, to some the idea of one people, one planet is utopia.
To others it's evil and is the beginning of the end.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Well I personally support a united world government, but only if it is Free,
Democratic and is not based on libertarian economics or overt capitalism.

I second this motion, although such a thing is far in the future. I do not believe that mankind has evolved to this point yet. We are still brutish in many aspects...for such a system to work, we would have to leave things such as greed, prejudice, intolerance, etc., far behind, and I do not think that humanity is ready to do that yet.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Two things. Humans seem to have to have an enemy. Our society is based on competition with the enemy from business to sports so this is not likely until there is a whole other planet to be enemies with so we can draw imaginary lines in space.

Secondly, while I also support a one world government if done properly, I do not see how this can be done given with our current emotional nature. We are raping our planet to our own extinction and we are too many to be able to have any real oversight of our government. No one can be trusted to run this government as it is human nature to be selfish and power hungry almost everyone would step over anyone else to obtain that power. Corruption is rampant. We are just too emotionally immature as a species.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that a NWO could not possibly happen, let alone work. And even if, by some magic, we all became allies (or the US nuked everyone excpet themselves, leaving no possible enemies...), there would still be people to resist. There always will be, and to think otherwise is just plain dumb. People will always rebel; it's in thier nature.

As for the point about a Jesus-run NWO, well, it would seem that it would only run because only people who have complete faith in him are still alive (all others burning in hell at that time...), and they think he is a Saviour, so they think his decisions are all good.

Wow, looks like the Bible is the first example of political propaganda... who'da thunkit?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to live in any world where we are being ruled by one government. The world is such and unique and interesting place and has been that way since the start. All of our cultures are unique and special in their own ways. The minute we give that type of power to any one government to control us all, I feel that all of mankind would be in terrible trouble. Will it ever truly work? Maybe a global war broke out, or the alien scenario happens and involves some sort of a planetary war, but that is about it.

Until then we must resist the NWO at any costs. The people behind this are ruthless and want us to be slaves and take away any independent thought and believe that makes us who we are.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta
Until then we must resist the NWO at any costs. The people behind this are ruthless and want us to be slaves and take away any independent thought and believe that makes us who we are.

Per my original post, maybe that is what they want us to think. So we do all the resisting and they go on profiting from war. I don't think humans are as warlike as we assume, I suspect most wars are incited deliberately for profit. The people are just emotional and ignorant enough to make it easy. Look at North America and most of the countries of Europe, we all get along fine. A One World Government doesn't need to be much more complicated than an agreement not to fight. A totalitarian dictatorship would of course be bad.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Per my original post, maybe that is what they want us to think. So we do all the resisting and they go on profiting from war. I don't think humans are as warlike as we assume, I suspect most wars are incited deliberately for profit. The people are just emotional and ignorant enough to make it easy. Look at North America and most of the countries of Europe, we all get along fine. A One World Government doesn't need to be much more complicated than an agreement not to fight. A totalitarian dictatorship would of course be bad.

Unity is not bad but only to a point.
I don't mind to the world being united, but that until some one starts deciding for others, as long as there is colaboration it's a good thing, but if some one starts deciding for others what to do, like one single body making decisions on what other countrys would have to do then it's bad.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have often thought that this would be great for the future of mankind but unfortunately there is too much greed in the world. However, very recently Nothern Ireland achieved something that nobody thought possible. Now there are two religious sectors living side by side and it looks as though it will last. NEVER say never... it could work, it will just take time.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Edit: Double post

[edit on 9-5-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
there is 1 government in USA, and it sucks.
1 government in Russia, it sucks
1 government in China, it sucks

How would you see a 1 world government with no alternative, would it resemble USA, just on a larger scale, well that will suck, corruption just on a larger scale. How how about China, what if the Chinese lead the 1 world govenment, well that will really suck, especially if you practice Felun Gong or want free speech. Or how about the russian model, a country where the mafia rule?

A 1 world government will suck

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It will take a world war for a one world government to be possible, but I think it could happen in the not to distant future.

Take a look at this www.stopterrorkrigen.dk...

Hitler gave it a go, but the US intervened before he could make it to the oil fields of the middle east. Russia stretched communism over a good majority of Asia including China. Both times these attempts at a one world government were stopped by the United states.

Now the majority of country's around the world have a democratic government or something similar to it. The United states is the cause of these democratic governments.

I think a one world government is very fiesable.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The cause of my democratic government is thanks to the westminster system and good old England not America.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
The cause of my democratic government is thanks to the westminster system and good old England not America.

No doubt thats true, but I think you mistook what I said.

America is not the root cause of democratic governments, but the spread of democratic governments is because of America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join