It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams... Have you had one???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actually, sometimes I do. But that's rarely, because most times, for me atleast...dreams manifest months later...and the details that you remember from the dream are lost over a period of time. So I remember the things that I remember.

Those things, I may change, depends on my reaction time to remembering them.

And somethings don't happen exactly the way you dreamt it. Like when I dreamed I was having sex with my ex-girlfriend. I met her about 2 or three months after the dream occured, but didn't remember the dream until we got into an argument(can't remember what we were arguing about). But I never had sex with her in real life...and I doubt that I ever will, but the girl I was having sex with looked like my ex-girlfriend...that I can remember.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I THOUGHT I was the only one. I have often had precog dreams, but I would usually forget them. Lately, I will have the same dream multiple times. This will allow me to choose different reactions to the certain situation. In a week or so, the dream comes to pass.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've had one precog dream in my life, which is no surprise. I seem to have lots of weird experiances only once, and they never happen again. I had sleep paralysis, once. I saw Bigfoot, once. I got married, once etc, etc, etc....

Anyway, I was dreaming that I was aboard the space shuttle and it was going to crash. I was trying to help the other astronauts off the thing. I was getting their parachutes and helping them into them, I was pushing them out the door and finally when they were out I jumped myself and opened my chute. I watched the shuttle fly away and knew that it was a goner.

The next morning I was sitting in my easy chair, drinking coffee and reading the paper when a news bulletin came on. The shuttle had burned up on re-intry. I didn't even know a shuttle was up at the time. I remembered the dream and knew I had had the dream several hours before the event actually occurred. I thought there would be survivors cause I had personally helped them off the thing, but there wasn't.

It could be an odd coincidence, I really don't know. I haven't had a precog dream since.

Thats my input on it.

wupy

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I always dream of a familiy members death before it happens. I can see the kind of suit and color of coffin, floral arrangements etc...

It freaked me out when I was in the second grad and dremat my uncle had a horrible death. A few months later, he died with a brain tumor and from what my mom told me, his final minutes were horrible.

At the funeral, I saw everything I dreamt about. And it continues to happen to this day. Recently, I told my mom about my accounts and she says she has the same dreams, but she can never see the face of the body lying in the coffin.

MANY other weird things hapen, like REAL TIME dreams that I cant explain. I dreamt an Aunt of mine was coughing blood and passed out when I heard a voice telling me to wake up. Of course, I woke up in a cold sweat and heart pounding, but minutes later, my brother called and told me that my aunt had some intestinal problems that caused internal bleeding. He and the family was at the hospital and I was out of state. He just called to give information to what was going on back home.

I wish I could master controlling my dreams. I wonder if one can heal or help others through your unconscious state...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
^ Incredible. I've had strange things happen to me, but never dreamt of stuff like this.

Maybe helping one while dreaming is actually possible.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok, I came to ATS today looking for a topic like this. Although I am somewhat embarrassed about this dream I will share it. Last night I had a dream I was racing around dogging flames that were shooting at me from above. It wasn't like they were shooting directly down at me. They had an elegant curl as they kind of swooped down at me. I also had a feeling there were others running with me.

It wasn't like I was really in human form either. It was like I had superior speed but I was smaller and the flames would not stop. The weird thing was I kept thinking I am almost 40 and I have no excuse. I kept trying to justify why the flames should stop with a lame excuse of ignorance for the way I lived my life? I have no idea what that meant. I could assume that would mean I have a feeling I am not living up to a standard I have set for myself? Or it could be a bit more menacing and mean I didn’t live up to a superior beings standard?

I am not a bad person. I consider my self the norm. I have a job, wife, and two kids. I pay my bills and live a fairly normal existence.... Anyway, it was a weird dream and a bit scary if you look at it from a biblical standpoint...

Any insights other than "your screwed"...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
LOL, Perplexed...youre not screwed.

I'm not a soothsayer, but I understand some dream translations. Because I have no idea whats going on in your life, I'm just going by what you wrote...

How you see yourself in your reams (big or small) is how you think the world sees you and/or how much confidence is within yourself.

The Running could mean youre running away and not confronting your fear or goal. Fire is known for purification and tranformation. Perhaps you're experiencing some change in your thoughts and views?

Falling Fire, or a Comet indicates that you need to move on and free yourself from emotional and physical burdens. Charge forward toward your goals.

You're fine, as long as you dont dream of Volcano's, Black Dogs, Tornado's and Dirty water...then youre screwed

L

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
LOL, Perplexed...youre not screwed.

I'm not a soothsayer, but I understand some dream translations. Because I have no idea whats going on in your life, I'm just going by what you wrote...

How you see yourself in your reams (big or small) is how you think the world sees you and/or how much confidence is within yourself.

The Running could mean youre running away and not confronting your fear or goal. Fire is known for purification and tranformation. Perhaps you're experiencing some change in your thoughts and views?

Falling Fire, or a Comet indicates that you need to move on and free yourself from emotional and physical burdens. Charge forward toward your goals.

You're fine, as long as you dont dream of Volcano's, Black Dogs, Tornado's and Dirty water...then youre screwed

L

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

Wow that is very interesting considering several things that are going on in my little part of the world. Your insight into my dream when you mention "The confidence and thoughts and views" is so dead on it’s scary. Are you sure your not a spook spying on me?...
Just kidding...

It is wonderful to get an insight like this though. I don't remember my dreams often but when I do its always some mind bending craziness that will stay with me for a day or two.

Once and not too long ago I had a dream that my sister and I were running from the Chinese army and we were on a dam somewhere. We ran out of room to run. My sister asked me what we were going to do. I looked back at our pursuers and then back to her. Without warning I just pushed her off the dam and then jumped off myself. You can guess that I woke up pressed into the bed...LOL That one wasn't as emotionally disturbing as this one and the look on my sister’s face when I pushed her off had me laughing for a few days.

Anyway, your interpretation seems to make much more sense than my narrow "I'm screwed" biblical view. It also gives me much more to ponder and sort out. Thanks a lot Judaz...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am a most un-psychic man but I have had two precog experiences. The first was just before 9/11 when my first dream showed three large chimneys collapsing from a house. The next day, I had the same dream again and mentioned it to my wife at breakfast. Within a week, the twin towers were attacked. As if that was not strange enough, on the day of the attacks, I got to school and the car mileometer read 98,765 with the current mileage as 432. I also had one buck and 23 cents in my pocket. Wierd huh!

Then I dreamt that a voice under the bed said: 'The old lady is going to die' . I then felt a great sadness overtake me and, despite being a cool man, sobbed helplessly with sadness. A week later my aunt died of terminal cancer. One night after her funeral I dreamt of her in the form of a little girl - she kissed my cheek as thanks and rode away on a kid's bike! I have never told anyone about the latter experiences but I KNOW that life is a journey NOT an end in itself.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have had them numerous times but I often don't understand them until after the fact.

For example....before 9/11 I had a dream of a plane landing in a skyscraper. It is obvious what it meant afterward but before it was just a weird dream i thought.

Before my mothers second husband died I had a dream he was packign his bags and leaving for australia. Australia was were her first husband died. Again, i didn't realize the symbolic meaning until afterward.

Most of my precognitive dreams take place in time frames ranging from 3 months to a week before the event.

It is never relevant to me personally it seems and is always about somebody else or about larger events. I have never had a dream that was about me specifically. I am always just sort of an observer.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, very often. Most of my dreams have meaning, some of them are precongative in nature.
There is always a deffinate (very strong) feelingupon waking up and the dream is always still very very vivid and detailed and sticks in my mind for days. I usualy feel the need to share these kinds of dreams with someone (which is great, because that varifies to someone other than me that I dreamed it before it happened).

It seems that 90% of these precogn dreams are negative... they are about death or injury or accidents or emotional tramma. I don't think I've had a single precogn 'good dream'.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
It seems that 90% of these precogn dreams are negative... they are about death or injury or accidents or emotional tramma. I don't think I've had a single precogn 'good dream'.

That's unfortunate. I could be wrong about this but it could be a side effect of prolonged sadness in your waking life & while sustained happiness appears elusive for the most part.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I've been having precognitive dreams for a while. I suppose I started seeing the events from my dreams about 2 years ago. But it sometimes happens that the dream in which I saw the event came to me years before.

The events are never significant, really. I mean, the first time I caught it, I was staring at a bench. The events are usually of personal significance, and by that I mean they were about something happening to me, not that they were really significant at all.

I wouldn't say I have them frequently, but I get them often enough. I've had more than I can count on my fingers and toes. I made a thread about it when it first started happening, and I was updating on every one I noticed for a while, but there was never anything significant in them, and there got to be enough of them that posting what I saw in my dream every time wasn't worth it. I was also just learning that there are actually quite a lot of people who experience this, so it wasn't all that important to share every little detail.

The big thing for the experience for me, and the thing that really lets me know what's happening, is that it seems like time slows down as the scene from the dream in my head is playing, and it synchs up PERFECTLY with the scene playing out before my eyes. Any one else feel like this? Its a really...I don't know. I can't describe the feeling any better than to say that its like the passage of time slows down, and you're just in the moment, seeing all of it, I guess because you've seen it before. Its really something else, that feeling.

But I think it is quite an interesting phenomenon, really. I'm sure most people have heard the theory that the past infinitely repeats itself. Well, the fact that people have these precognitive dreams says to me that the events in the dreams must have already happened in some way or another when we dream them. Its really lead me to believe that our universe is not infinite. That outside of our universe, there are other universes parallel or even identical to our own, but in a different time period. All stacked together, like a deck of cards, sort of. The past is still happening behind us, and in front of us, what we would call the future is already happening. Which makes our existance one of these infinitely repeating pasts.

I'm not even entrely sure that all of what I say here makes any sense, and I really don't think I put it very...eloquently...but do I make my point clear?

--Kit.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I've had many precog dreams, too many to mention but here's a couple of examples. What I've noticed about dreams is that some things we see are symbols of something else and some things are what they are. In my case if I dreamed of black clouds or tornados I'd always have a fight with my partner next day. When I noticed this pattern I tried to avoid any argument but it didn't work. Thankfully I haven't had a storm dream for years. Years ago I developed an itch all over my head and back. It went on for ages and even a visit to the doctor didn't help. One night I dreamed I was watching some schoolgirls heading off to a funeral. Someone said "it was the vitamin D that killed her" then suddenly, and from nowhere, someone grabbed me angrily and said "you've got lice". When I woke up and came downstairs I switched the telly on. The first thing that I heard was "I take vitamin D." Straight after that the news came on and the first story was of a headmaster who was stabbed in the playground and they showed all schoolgirls going to the funeral. That same afternoon I looked in the mirror and caught sight of a headlouse in my hair. That was the itch problem solved. Nowadays, if I dream of someone I haven't seen for ages I'll almost always meet someone I haven't seen for years next day but usually it's not the person I dreamed of.One time I had a very vivid dream of being carried through the air towards a church with a tall spire. On top of the spire was a stone angel with it's arms and head pointed up to heaven. My mum died a couple of days later, she was very ill but the doctor had given her another 6 months.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I should have mentioned this incident but I don't really think it goes under dreams. One morning I woke up to hear my cat purring on the bed. I sat up to shoo him off because he always had dirty feet and I had my white bedspread on, but he wasn't there. I sat up and bent over the side to see where he was and all the time I'm hearing his loud purring and thinking "where are you?" I looked all over the floor but couldn't find him. The purring slowly faded then I noticed my door was shut so he couldn't have been in the room anyway. "Wow, that was wierd" I thought. A few minutes later my partner came home from nightshift and said "I'm bringing the phone upstairs, you need to phone the vet, quick". My cat had been hit by a car or something and his head was really mashed in. He'd come home and sat under the seat outside in the garden, (that's where most of the blood was). When my partner came in, the cat followed him and lay down at his feet. Anyway, he was taken away to the vets and put to sleep. I didn't see him yet as I was advised not to look. It wasn't until that night that I put the two incidents together and got a real shock. My cat was severely injured, knocked out-of-body, and came to visit me in bed. No other explanation.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Back in the mid Eighties I had a very vivid dream about a DC-8 aircraft taking off from an airport somewhere in the USA. For some reason I knew that it's elevator was jammed. It took off but crashed soon after.

I awoke quite distressed and couldn't think what to do about it. I had a sense that it was about to happen.

About five months later I heard of an identical crash in Florida. The jet wash had kicked up stones off the taxiway which jammed the elevator before takeoff. The aircraft was a DC-8 freighter.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

That's unfortunate. I could be wrong about this but it could be a side effect of prolonged sadness in your waking life & while sustained happiness appears elusive for the most part.

I do get alot of 'good stuff'... but not in dream form. There is alot of stress etc right now in my life, and generaly the more stress and/or saddness - the fewwer dreams I have of this nature. But as long as I can remember, most of them are warning type dreams.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I dreamed that my dog had died. In the dream I tried to revive her, shaking her and telling her it was 'just a dream'.......but the next morning we found her laying beside the barn, dead.

A couple of years later, I dreamed that as I ran to catch the school bus, I dropped my pencils and books on the ground, and as I reached over to pick them up, I fell face first into a puddle.......Sure enough, as I ran to the bus I lost my pencil, and as I reached to grab it, the memory of the dream flashed before me, but too late. I fell into the puddle, soaking my dress and jacket......the bus driver took one look at my horrified face and muddy clothes, then drove on without me!

Considering the trouble I got into for this.....(my Mom was convinced I had intentionally taken the 'dive' because I hated that jacket! LOL).........I think it was a warning, but I could not stop the 'flow' of events once they had begun.)

These were the earliest I can remember, there have been a good many others since......

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've had a few, but the main one, was to do with the fact that my life would be destroyed. It did not come out as exactly, because i tried to change things, but the out come has been the same.

My life is ultimately destroyed, and it made me look at free will, and destiny and all that.

Shame but thats life, and theres plenty in this world, who would destroy innocents lifes.

One warning to everyone, be very careful if you pretend to be interested in females when your not. One of them may take it more seriously than you imagine, and could destroy your life.

Heck but thats life.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have had a few, as well as "visions" of things as simple as whats for dinner, and what a place will look like before I get there,

But as for dreams, Its almost on a cycle but lately its been war dreams, Im almost always in some sort of battle lol

as for my precog dreams in the past - Have had a couple

1, Was on a train that was riding on the street, all the people ( passengers ) were very strung out look, destressed and just plain out zombified, I worked my way up to the 1st car, where the conductor was an he was pissed that I was there, not to mention just overall angery. We were in a small town like setting with buildings wizzin by as if we were just driving in a car on the town street, I then woke up after meeting our angery conductor, and woke up, and turned on my TV to watch the news ( daily routine ) and right there as breaking news, a train in cali had just derailed.

2, Was just having a normal dream with my oddness in it, and out of the blue not even in related structure of my dream theres a plane, went from one upper side of my vision to the other lower side, and then nothing, thought nothing of it beside of a high pitch squeel. Woke up l8er on, smoke a cig and came back in to my Tv on evening news stating a plane had crashed. cant member where now.

3, Have had some really wild dreams where I walk out my back yard look up at the moon, and spread my arms and without flaping just flew, up up an away, I flew for what was like 10 mins, and was ove a very wide open ocean, waves looked so real, then I went up and saw a HUGE metal object that had the lil metal indentations on it that help you walk better, ( like playgrounds ) and lots of floodlights just like landing gear lights but set up more like they would be on a aircraft carrier, this thing was in no way aerodynamic, more like a lego structure but all out of metal, without the seams. I flew around this for a small period of time and then just woke up.

Very wild if you ask me, and Most of these dreams happened right around the time I say i went thru my spiritual Awakening. Dunno if it was anything to do with me attempting metaphysical things. but interesting enuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join