It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal media is killin' me!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm chillin' at work today where they run CNN on the breakroom TV, right? And there are a lot of terror and war developments today, so I'm eager to hear about them. Well, they spent about a total of 3 total minutes talking about allied forces nabbing some bad guys in Iraq who were disguised as press members, the cancelled airline flights to the US and Riyahd from Britain and the insane amount of bad guys and weapons found in an Iraqi mosque.

Then they shifted the focus to a 10 minute segment on the protestors outside of the Mosque where a US solider "allegedly" ripped the page from a sacred Qu'ran. They then went on to interview some guy talking about how the "insurgents" are fighting stronger than ever. 10 minutes on this small incident, and the focus wasn't even on the cache of weapons and bad guys hiding in the Mosque? COME ON CNN!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You should stick to Fox where on any given day you can get 10 minutes of E.D. Hill talking about how sexy Bush looks in blue jeans.

Or shock jock Mancow reporting on "Dummycraps"

You know 'fair' news.

By the way, Coulter bangs liberals. Bill Maher needs condom money... Buy Treason.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I agree with Rant. FoxNews is the only place you'll get the real news. The liberal media is going to do anything possible to make GWB look bad. We all know only the informed people are watching the real news because they made a decision to watch the real news. All the others don't have a clue. Whatever Tom Brokaw says is golden.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabinny
FoxNews is the only place you'll get the real news.

That's about the funniest thing I've read all day.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Nice, thanks for that. Oh I forgot to mention 770 WABC Radio in New York. That's the other place....my bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, sarcasm is hard to pick up when it's text format, but I believe that's what I'm detecting.

Anyways, I watched Fox tonigh when I got home, and their focus on the crowd of angry Sunni Muslims was significantly lower. And I feel that's because it's the smaller part of the story. CNN clearly used the gathering as an escuse to question the progress abroad and make the world think that the U.S. is back in that "quagmire" they were talking about last April. (LOL)

It was just disgusting, and even my liberal co-worker agreed. It didn't take a brain surgeon to read between the lines.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabinny
I agree with Rant. FoxNews is the only place you'll get the real news.

Ok, I apologize if I need to start inserting screen directions. I was being sarcastic.

Anyway...oh never mind. I left the political boards for a reason. (of which, I'm occasionally reminded)

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
CNN tows the Bush line also. They just try and look liberal at times. There is no liberal news media or we would see the truth about GW Bush�s lies everyday. The truth is the media is only owned by 5 different corporations and they control everything those wieners say.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have been watching the newshows on PBS and I am totally shocked at how different it is than CNN and FOX and the others. They have beeen showing the war in Iraq a lot differently than the above mentioned stations. You know I go to a lot of other websites and some of them are actually believing the liberal media thing and how they are showing Dubya trying to make him look bad and I'm thinking the networks are bending over so far to make him look good that it is trully ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
George W. Bush does not need any news outlet to make him look bad. He does that all by himself.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to read real news instead of watching images and hearing a few words and debates.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
George W. Bush does not need any news outlet to make him look bad. He does that all by himself.

I agree!

Perhaps it might be a good idea to read real news instead of watching images and hearing a few words and debates.

Are you talking to me? And where do you get this real news you read? And if you are talking to me what makes you think that I only hear a few words and debates?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
No, I was not specifically talking to you, goose. I read online newspapers, like the Guardian and one involved in Pakistan.

I was speaking to people who thought the so-called liberal media purposely made GWB look bad and caught the 'real' news on FOX. I don't believe they provide viewers with an accurate picture of events, so one may consider reading outside sources.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
No, I was not specifically talking to you, goose. I read online newspapers, like the Guardian and one involved in Pakistan.

I was speaking to people who thought the so-called liberal media purposely made GWB look bad and caught the 'real' news on FOX. I don't believe they provide viewers with an accurate picture of events, so one may consider reading outside sources.

Thanks I felt pretty silly saying "Are you talking to me?". was that Robert Deniro that said that famous line in one of his movies? I think some of the Republicans I talk to on that other website use the liberal media excuse just because they want to vote for him again and so they have to blame someone else for his bumbling and their stupidity for voting for him in the last election and unfortunately in the next, although since he cheated to win last time I'm sure he will do the same and win by a landslide this time so there will be no questions asked.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
CNN tows the Bush line also. They just try and look liberal at times. There is no liberal news media or we would see the truth about GW Bush�s lies everyday. The truth is the media is only owned by 5 different corporations and they control everything those wieners say.

This, what Webdevil is saying, is the truth. It's not about CNN being Liberal or Conservative that is the issue. They are both depending on what their agenda is at the time. The longer you watch any news source while comparing it's views of "today" with the past, you'll see an obvious swaying to one side or the other. Just like the old polititian game of "kissing babies" while "taking their candy" in one stealthy move, the news media is doing the same type of thing. They bounce back and forth stoking the flames of both sides.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Gentlemen,
The idea that mainstream print and tv media is "liberal" is a fallicy. DirtyDevil was right. It's controlled by the corporate elite, and by extension the government. The best news you're gonna get on the tube is either PBS (Lehrer News hour) or the BBC (also on PBS). I read the U.S. dailies first thing in the morning just to know what I'm about to get hit with, but I also read a healthy roundup of international news once I'm on the job. It's amazing how ridiculous and non-informative U.S. papers are. So much for our free press.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
....Right Wing Ditto Heads & Transformers!?!

And an Ann "the Man" Coulter qoute in the sig file, priceless!

Optimus Prime & a Decepticon logo, right? It's been a looooong time!

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL!

"FoxNews is the only place you'll get the real news. "

Even people who WORK at Fox don't say this! Haha!

Comparing CNN to Fox is like deciding which pile of crap you';d rather step in.

Watch the BBC, CBC, or any other nation's news media to see what kind of a travesty Fox and CNN overage are before you judge.

Because once you watch BBC World or CBC Newsworld, you'll realize that you're being fed pablum by your corporate shills.

jakomo

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fact about Fox News.

They were the FIRST network to bring the drunk druveing offence of Bush to the public weeks before the election! That was not a good step for a network that "loves" Bush.

Ratings dont lie, Fox is what the average American likes to watch, and that is what is so hard for the libs to accept. That is why they bash Fox and invents theroies about the network.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
LookingAround: "Ratings dont lie, Fox is what the average American likes to watch, and that is what is so hard for the libs to accept. That is why they bash Fox and invents theroies about the network."

? You mean that because Fox is so highly rated then it's good? I don't follow your logic.

And neither does the actual journalism industry.

www.fair.org...

"Fox News Channel wraps itself in slogans of journalistic objectivity like "Fair and balanced" and "We report, you decide," but FAIR has found a dramatic right-wing tilt in the network's news. Our report, published in the August 2001 issue of Extra!, is in three parts:

The Most Biased Name in News: Fox News Channel's extraordinary right-wing tilt-- a comprehensive overview.

Fox's Slanted Sources: Conservatives, Republicans far outnumber others-- a study of Special Report with Brit Hume.
View the guest lists for Fox and CNN.

Bill O'Reilly's Sheer O'Reillyness: Don't call him conservative-- but he is
You can also read the press release. "

It's all there. No "liberal spin".

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The average American is an easily mislead, over stimulated, least-path-of-intellectual-resistence, six-hours-a-day-TV-watching group thinker.
No wonder that Fox has the ratings it does: appealing to the lowest common denominator when dealing with the above mentioned profile is highly successful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join