It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal media is killin' me!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
easy way to solve this is not watching mainstream media.. I watch the BBC on occasion but they are still lead by sensationalism and don`t really try and cover the whole story. the worst program has to be the breakfast coverage, I don`t know if CNN or Fox are the same but they try and fit in the following

1. At least 10 mentions per minute of the word TERROR!

2. At best half made up stories which only try and spead fear

3. 2 mins talking about important stuff then over to something to take your mind off it.

I find it best to just read history and watch the occasional news, or read the BBC website which is normally a bit better than TV coverage. The Guardian is also normally pretty good at actually telling people news.

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by eRnie]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
are you people retarded?! there is no such thing as liberal media in the United States except alternative news.

anything and EVERYTHING mainstream is controlled, thus negating any possibility of the news being liberal.

CNN is owned and operated by Turner, which is owned and operated by AOL/Time Warner.

Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch, which also owns a lot of other media outlets.

The rest of the pieces of crap like MSNBC are obviously controlled, as GE controls all of the NBC affiliate stations.

what do you get when you have mainstream media under the control of conglomerate entities?

the news they want you to have when they want you to have it.

there is NOTHING liberal about that.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
are you people retarded?!

hehe I like your style man! although you have a very valid point. What I wanna know is what the hell happened to journalism? I thought people wanted to find out the real story for themselves? not just wait for the latest press release from the Pentagon to tell them what went on.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hmm, something like this perhaps?
www.atsnn.com...

edit: I didn't mean the site was liberal. I meant this is a better place to find "balanced" news. We have a great deal of diversity in sources here....That's a GOOD thing

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Fry2]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRnie

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
are you people retarded?!

hehe I like your style man! although you have a very valid point. What I wanna know is what the hell happened to journalism? I thought people wanted to find out the real story for themselves? not just wait for the latest press release from the Pentagon to tell them what went on.

you'll have to forgive my harmless outbursts every now and then. I didnt mean to direct that at everyone. just the yokels who get all hopped up over some dumb blond yapping on about the need for extra security and other justifications for this BS war on terror.

a little note to those that go "yeeeeeha" whenever they see a report on israeli retaliation to palestiniant insurgency: what you see on the news is not a move. it's a movie-like portrayal of the real world. it is not for the newsanchor to make you think in a certain manner. you have to decide for yourself based on the facts.

thats a very good question, what DID happen to journalism? the idea of a free press?

well, here's my answer. if the media can go nuts about one president's blowjob in the whitehouse while completely ignoring the lies and loopholes of 9/11, AS WELL as the stonewalling conducted by the Bush Adminuistration (you can't see our info because it would incriminate us) journalism within the mainstream media is dead.

long live the wire services, is their chant. instead of going around interviewing people (not staged interviews!!!!) the journalists sit around a machine waiting for it to spit out the latest and greatest text from AP or Reuters.

[Edited on 1/5/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join