It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fake Video?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting video but it makes me wonder. Another youtube video posted by the same person on 7 Apr 07 ago called "Apollo 20 Legacy, Part 1, The City" (www.youtube.com...) starts off with NASA and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) emblems. AFSPC didn't come into being until 1982 and the mission occured in '76?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i read the first four pages of this post with a lot of enthusiaim.. went away from my computer for a bit.. came back and saw 3 more pages basically debunking it.. so has this been debunked or not(excuse me for not reading the 3 pages that were created during my ATS break)

if so
im so sick of hoaxes. can someone give me a plausible point of hoaxing these types of things? to gain exposure or what? ARGHHHHHH

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussS86
Interesting video but it makes me wonder. Another youtube video posted by the same person on 7 Apr 07 ago called "Apollo 20 Legacy, Part 1, The City" (www.youtube.com...) starts off with NASA and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) emblems. AFSPC didn't come into being until 1982 and the mission occured in '76?

That is pretty true. The start of the vid is pretty werid though. Ill post again when I finish watching the video.

-fm

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
OK, let's put this one to bed right now.... it's a fake. And not a very good one.

We start with actual footage from another mission - there was NO Apollo 20 mission.

Then we have a light flare, and cut to a fabricated scene, consisting of a (somewhat decent) model, After Effects lens flares, wrong color and texture of lunar surface, bad lighting, cheesy color channel flutter, a clear miniature. The guy who put the video up on Youtube has created other bogus footage to support the idea of an Apollo 20 mission, which NEVER HAPPENED.

It's a fake. Nothing to see here, move on.

dB

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm pretty enthusiastic about space and the potential for life elsewhere, but come on....

Look at this video again. It's not even a decent fake. Someone did this at home, and poorly. I can't believe this made it 7 pages. Come on folks, be less gullible, the motto here is "Deny Ignorance", not "Believe every cheesy youtube vid".

Good god, I've seen more realistic Ed Wood films....

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
if so
im so sick of hoaxes. can someone give me a plausible point of hoaxing these types of things? to gain exposure or what? ARGHHHHHH

There are a lot of people on the internet who think that can say ANYTHING anonymously. They can be IMPORTANT on the internet if they want. They see ATS as a place where they might be accepted and they want validation and reinforcement of self-worth that they do not get in real life.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
OK, let's put this one to bed right now.... it's a fake. And not a very good one.

We start with actual footage from another mission - there was NO Apollo 20 mission.

Then we have a light flare, and cut to a fabricated scene, consisting of a (somewhat decent) model, After Effects lens flares, wrong color and texture of lunar surface, bad lighting, cheesy color channel flutter, a clear miniature. The guy who put the video up on Youtube has created other bogus footage to support the idea of an Apollo 20 mission, which NEVER HAPPENED.

It's a fake. Nothing to see here, move on.

dB

Enough hearsay!

If there were other Apollo missions, we wouldn't know.
The pictures all appear to be the same location, model or not. The light is just hitting craters differently combined with different perspective. Look closely.
This, if fake, was an extraordinary feat that must have been accomplished by a professional with access to studio equipment.
I question the motives of releasing all of this. Near death? Pissed off? Getting something out of watching everyone chatter over it? Real?

Seriously though, enough with opinions of fake or real. Let's debunk it or continue to dig...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oh, and I am guessing that I am not just speaking for myself when I say that nobody cares about most of your rude opinions. If you want to constructively debate, then by all means... However, this tit for tat reasoning from your feeble minds is really irritating. It truly detracts from the true soul of a forum. Educated people feel apathy towards people who behave in such ways....

[edit on 6-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis Kanubis
Seriously though, enough with opinions of fake or real. Let's debunk it or continue to dig...

I think if you take time to read the thread you will find enough evidence to show that it has been satisfactoraly debunked.

As has been said, nothing to see here - move on (after reading the thread properly, of course)

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Who the hell are you telling me to move on?

I think I'll stay right here, forever.

As soon as you become an expert on the subject of what subjects I should or should not concern myself with and the depth at which I do so, I'd like to see some credentials...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The pictures all appear to be the same location, model or not. The light is just hitting craters differently combined with different perspective. Look closely.
This, if fake, was an extraordinary feat that must have been accomplished by a professional with access to studio equipment.

In my professional opinion, the fabricated portion of this footage is obvious. My trained eyes see all of the problems, and if you google me, you'll have a basic understanding of my credentials and how they support my conclusion.

This is FAR from an "extraordinary feat", and was accomplished by someone with a tabletop, some modeling chops and After Effects.

Believe whatever you like. This is a hoax.

dB

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Neat video. Good job making it, obviously he has the time to go to all the trouble to confound ATS! I watched it twice now and I am going to go with fake due to the GREAT work by you dedicated and intelligent few here who have dug up some great facts.

1. Some one mentioned the fact that the camera onboard the LEM is NOT hand held so why all the shaking on the close up?

2. The non-existent, subtitled audio.

3. The appearing, disappearing gridlines on the camera.

4. The apparent attempt to use real NASA labels backfired with the GREAT post showing the ACTUAL definitions of the mission numbers which shows that this video isn't what it is supposed to be. LEM returning FROM the moon not GOING to the moon.

5. Authenticity of Nasa footage not here, so why post it if he can't prove it's real?

Like good ol' Mulder's poster, I WANT to believe...too bad. He did a pretty fair job though. To the uneducated it probably would fool alot of people into buying a copy though. Maybe it is just PR for his upcoming DVD.
Just to be fair though, that original NASA wideangle shot does have an anomaly that I would definitely like to see close up. Also the fact that someone mentioned, just because NASA told people APOLLO missions were cancelled doesn't necessarily mean that they didnt happen, another launch site could've been built elsewhere back in the 50's. "Why build one when you can build two for twice the price? " Love that line.

Good Job ATS'ers, you guys rock. Glad I found this great place to learn and mingle with some top hands!

jra

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Like I said earlier, the Saturn V was and still is the largest rocket ever made and launched. Launching one of those wouldn't go unnoticed. We would know about it if there were anymore Apollo missions. Even classified satellite launches don't go unnoticed. The cargo itself may be classified, but people can still observe the launches. Heck even amateur astronomers observe and track Keyhole satellites all the time. It would be hard, if not, impossible to launch a rocket without anyone seeing it.

Plus their are many mistakes and errors in the various "Apollo 20" clips too.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow, I wouldnt think this video would require a debate lasting anymore than a few minutes before everyone came to a unanimous conclusion that its BS.
I mean think about it, Fake videos of a fake moon mission that didnt even exist.
Doesnt anyone wonder how a secret NASA video of an Apollo Moon mission could suddenly turn up on you tube?
Not to mention that its an Apollo program (20) that didnt even exist.
Its kind of like the "exclusive footage" of the astronauts shooting video INSIDE that alien structure that turned up a few months ago.
Sorry, it just seems that some people out there really want some proof that is actually real (me included) but I wont let my overwhelming desire for evidence cloud my judgement.
Theres no way in hell that I could allow myself to even pretend the authenticity of a video or pic that literally screams FAKE, FRAUD and BS.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This looks like a rock to me.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by braddman]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Who the hell are you telling me to move on?

I think I'll stay right here, forever.

Whose rattled your cage? It was just a bit of friendly advice so as not to waste any more of your time on this hoax video!

Like I said, if you read the thread you will find enough analysis that shows it to be a hoax.

No need to stay forever, just long enough to read it...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It isn't real, unfortunately.

There are a number of items - all gone through already. I felt the camera shake gave the feeling that the camera was looking at a very small surface (ie: a model.)

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Enough hearsay!

Seriously.

If there were other Apollo missions, Some one WOULD know.

In fact, LOTS of some ones would know!

Just consider that to get to the Moon, the Apollo system required the Saturn V multi-stage booster; over 300 FT tall, and capable of producing 1,000,000 LBS of thrust at lift-off. The roar of its engines could be heard for miles. Its launch track could be bee seen for tens of miles, in broad daylight. Just transporting the beast from its assembly building to the launch pad required the construction of a transporter the size of a five-story building!

I Seriously doubt that you could launch a Saturn V, or any lunar-capable booster, carrying an Apollo-type vehicle from any mission-viable spot on the globe without some one noticing!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this one and a half minute video of it. It's a lot clearer.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Like I said earlier, the Saturn V was and still is the largest rocket ever made and launched. Launching one of those wouldn't go unnoticed. We would know about it if there were anymore Apollo missions. Even classified satellite launches don't go unnoticed. The cargo itself may be classified, but people can still observe the launches. Heck even amateur astronomers observe and track Keyhole satellites all the time. It would be hard, if not, impossible to launch a rocket without anyone seeing it.

Plus their are many mistakes and errors in the various "Apollo 20" clips too.

How about launching it at night during high winds or extreme overcast... storm?
C'mon, we fly all kinds of top secret stuff around.... Do you see any of it.

You people seem convinced too easily. That video is good, and looks like it is through a real apollo window.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join