It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fake Video?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
But what if the vid's real?

They're clearly not real. Just watching the "APOLLO 20 Legacy liftoff of Apollo 20 saturne 5" video, it looks horribly fake. The thrust coming out looks real and it's probably taken from actual footage, but the rocket itself isn't a Saturn V, it's a Saturn 1B. And it looks like it's pasted onto the video.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cool jra. Thanks for expanding on your thoughts. NASA transmissions are not a subject I have followed all that much, just too much fluff added, according the NASA moon mission conspiracy stuff. Hard to know what's really-real and what really-isn't.

Dallas

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

EDIT 2:

Originally posted by Horned Frog
I froze the video at the very beginning to see the DSKY values in the LEM.

The Program is 34
Verb is 15
Noun is 05

Program 34 is used in the Ascent and Rendevous for pre Transfer Phase Initiation (TPI). In otherwords, this LEM is returning to the CSM and not preparing to land.

Verb 15 is a request to monitor and Noun 05 is the Angular Error. DSKY is monitoring the Angular error between our LEM and the command service module as it approaches for docking.

Can you provide any sources for this data analysis? Not that I don't believe you, but if we are to properly debunk this, we need to properly document anything like this that the rest of us have no previous knowledge of. I for one, cannot decypher numbers like this on any Appollo flight.

[edit on 5/5/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Dang it! I just lost everything I just typed....

Sorry DamajikNinja - you can google the program, noun, and verb codes. I had links to everything before I screwed this post up. Anyway, the most important part is in this link:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

The link above is a nice description of the Program 34 (TPI - Terminal Phase Initiation) used in the ascent profile of the Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC).

Lastly, here is the link to the screen capture taken from our Apollo 20 LEM DSKY display at the beginning of the video.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this helps.

TCU Horned Frog

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Even if this video isn't the real Apollo 20 mission there most certainly was multiple missions besides the ones that were for public relations to show where their tax dollars went. Apollo 18, Apollo 19 and Apollo 20 (not counting earlier missions pre-dating the original missions in the early 60s) we're paid for by the American public. Those missions were continued most undoubtedly in a veil of secrecy as they continued work on their moonbase and other programs to kick start the strip-mining operations that you and I know our government/industrial military complex could not resist. The moon is a treasure trove of the rare helium3 element, metal ores and god knows what else. Also to have a head start on the rest of the world gives the United States Space Command and edge they most surely desire. Those are my thoughts. Discuss.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Uh - there never was an Apollo 20, or Apollo 2 as a couple of others seem to think this is from. Total FAKE.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What seems fake about the video to me is that there seems to be some kind of spotlight that moves with the camera. I kept asking myself " What is with the lights moving around?"

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My guess is that if NASA did have this footage taken during a mission, the last thing they'd want is to have it appear on any chronology in the public domain.

March 15
A Lunar Programs Office, under which the Lunar Data Analysis and Synthesis Program would be conducted, was established in the Office of Space Science, NASA Hq. The office was responsible for continued operation and collection of data from the Apollo lunar surface experiment packages and the Apollo 15 subsatellite; Apollo surface and orbital science data analysis by principal investigators; development of selenodetic, cartographic, and photographic products; continued lunar laser ranging experiment; continued lunar sample analysis; lunar supporting research and technology; and advanced program studies.
Ltr., John E. Naugle, NASA Hq., to Colleagues, March 15, 1973.

August 7
National Air and Space Museum Director Michael Collins advised JSC that NASM had established a center for research and study with responsibility for a complete library of lunar photos to document scientific results of the Apollo missions. The library would be used for original research and for planning and updating scientific parts of exhibits.
Ltr., Collins to Christopher C. Kraft, Jr., Director, JSC, Aug. 7, 1973.

August 27
Apollo Soyuz Test Project Program Director Chester M. Lee, Office of Manned Space Flight, NASA Hq., was assigned as the management official to take actions necessary for the final phaseout of the Apollo program. All Apollo program inquiries, activities, and actions not covered by specific delegations of authority would be referred to Lee for appropriate decision and disposition.

July 13
In recognition of the fifth anniversary of the Apollo 11 flight, which landed the first men on the moon, President Nixon proclaimed the period July 16 through July 24 as United States Space Week, stating: "The knowledge to be gained from space will lead to scientific, technological, medical and industrial advances which cannot be fully perceived today. In time man may take for granted in the heavens such wonders as we cannot imagine - just as superhighways across America would amaze the Puritans of 1620 or transatlantic flights would astound those who passed on the legend of Icarus. But we know that a beginning has been made that will affect the course of human life forever."

source:www.hq.nasa.gov...

Does this sound like he's talking about the ISS?

It seems from the above that NASA were more interested in the moon than it appeared after the "reorganisation" of the Apollo project. Note the Apollo - Soyuz Test Project. Doesn't the YouTube guy mention it as AS 20?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Interesting, but fake. Look at the ship closely and the surrounding ground, its a model.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by Implosion

Videos of the boldest and most secret apollo mission. Apollo 20 went to the moon august 16 1976.

I think the inference is that even though Apollo 20 was said to be canceled, it went ahead in secret.

[edit on 5/5/07 by Implosion]

You are correct, Implosion. To the public, the Apollo 20 mission was scrubbed but it was already bought and paid for. Many other considerations made this a secret due to the fact that the military industrial complex as well as the United States Space Command at the Pentagon was involved. This is all classified need-to-know basis stuff. In fact, flights have been made to the moon since 1962 and all of those were done in a veil of secrecy and this is only a scratch on the surface to what's going on with the moon and Mars.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047

This is all classified need-to-know basis stuff. In fact, flights have been made to the moon since 1962 and all of those were done in a veil of secrecy and this is only a scratch on the surface to what's going on with the moon and Mars.

Wow, just wow.

It's "need to know" and "done in a veil of secrecy", yet YOU seem to know,
and feel it's ok to share this on the internet ?

My B.S. meter just hit 11.

Geez,
Lex

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Please see:

Project Horizon

How does anyone know this didn't actually take place? Although supposedly scrapped due to NASA/civilians taking over the space program, there is no real way for us to know that there isn't a base. Human or otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ok, the site you linked states :

This program required a total of 61 Saturn I and 88 Saturn II launches up to November 1966. During this period some 220 tonnes of useful cargo would be transported to the Moon

How the heck were we supposed to hide that kind of movement ?

Pondering,
Lex

Edit to add the Link

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Lexion]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very simple.
Inside other programs.
X amount of cargo is loaded for mission that is known about.
The rest of the cargo is also loaded. This cargo however is not known to the general public.
Do some research into Corona.
Corona
This ordinance was hidden from everyone except President Eisenhower, certain staff, and Khrushev. Indeed...the russians knew we were going to do it and cooperated. To understand this you can research the infamous U2 incident.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
Even if this video isn't the real Apollo 20 mission there most certainly was multiple missions besides the ones that were for public relations to show where their tax dollars went. Apollo 18, Apollo 19 and Apollo 20

To go by the rules I didn't quote the entire post, but there were so many issues considered facts in there that it just boggles the mind. WHERE is the evidence for anything you've said? Extra moon missions? Strip mining the moon? The obligatory military industrial conspiracy? Whoa!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite.

Corona made 145 launches with 7,440 tons of payload. Impressive.

So, Horizon was supposed to take 220 tonnes of "useful" payload,
with just 149 launches ?
With what rocket ?

And again, I ask : How do you hide that kind of movement ?

The Corona flew cameras.

Horizon supposedly flew the makings and crew of a space base.

Yeah, ok.

Lex

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
None the less I found the video's strangely captivating as if was actual footage.

Proving the authenticity of the "Director" is what I would be focusing on were I a hot-shot net junkie. (I am not) There are some top notch researchers that frequent these forums...we need to enlist their help on proving he is who he says he is..

Authentication is paramount before the video(s) can be even considered to be genuine...there is something about it that warrants further study I think...
People are quick to toss a big ol' FAKE! label on just about everything that comes down the pipe...if this guy is who he says he is..and exposure of his evidence is all he wants.... could any of you think of a better venue than ATS to facilitate that type of disclosure...?!?

Point being, lets not flush this till we have validation one way or the other..

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well he (William Rutledge) claims that 3 people where in Apollo 20. William Rutledge CDR, former of bell laboratories, Leona Snyder CSP bell laboratories, and Alexei Leonov, soviet cosmonaut former "apollo soyouz"

There is going to be a website with all data (flightplans,movies,other data) He wants NASA/USAF to come clean before September 2007 and maybe if he is who he say's to be and at age 76 maybe wants to clear his conscience. John Lear didn't jump in here yet, so is that a good or bad sign?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Damnit. I know you all are trying to debate the video, but I honestly think that I found a valid point in my last post, and no one has even tried to touch on it. I'm sorry, but it's frustrating me that no one seems to care. Just being open and honest.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but Apollo 17 was the last moon mission.

The Apollo 20 mission was canceled on January 4, 1970, after NASA announced that due to budget restrictions, Apollo 20's Saturn rocket was needed to launch the Skylab space station.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join