It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fake Video?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In that statement he writes, i can see a few spelling and grammar errors similar to the ones in the video.
That's not good right?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would say this is some European guy pulling your strings. The grammar in the communication is another big give-away. Certainly no nasa person.

And, as always happens with hoaxers - he promises more information will be coming! It's never here, it's always to be revealed at a later date!

Everything points to a hoax: the video of a tiny model, the bad grammar in the subtitles and communication, the still images of the clay moon surface etc.

It is cleverly done but not clever enough to fool everyone.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
In that statement he writes, i can see a few spelling and grammar errors similar to the ones in the video.
That's not good right?

Judging somebody by his grammar/spelling only is not good, maybe he's dyslectic who knows. And he's supposed to be 76 years old.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Utter crud!!

You sit there watching minutes of boring nothing with a pretty stable but poor feed. Then wham! a bit of overexposing and voila a change of scene and a spaceship!!

If it is supposed to be a fly pass then look at the rate it is covering the ground prior to the "contact". Then magically it is able to hover about enough to get detailed footage of a bit of an Airfix model

NASA beaps but text only on screen?

Fake, fake fake! No cigar son!

I can't believe people believe this kind of rubbish. You could be forgiven for believeing that some people want to believe so much that anything is "evidence".

I think we should be a bit more careful about claiming too much too soon.
Out there somewhere, maybe even looking at these boards, someone is out there having a laugh and getting great kudos amongst his pals, because some have given his or her hoax credence.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A 76 year old dyslexic can't write basic grammar but can create, edit and post videos onto Youtube?

I doubt that myself - Occam says hoax in this case

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I do believe that this is all a hoax. For one, why would intelligent alien life be on our moon, when our planet is literally right next to it teeming with life and resources. One may say that they crash landed. If this is so, why is the vehicle in such good condition? I don't know about you, but I would think that if one were traveling through space it would be at a very fast speed, especially considering that the "aliens" were probably traveling from a very distant area, and impact at such an intense velocity would more than likely totally evaporate any object of that size. Overall I believe that aliens on the moon should stay in the 1800's where it belongs. If there are aliens exploring our region of space, they won't be worried about a lifeless moon.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I noticed some of the holes are about the same size, looking like it was maybe shot down. At 4:25 in the vid.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I froze the video at the very beginning to see the DSKY values in the LEM.

The Program is 34
Verb is 15
Noun is 05

Program 34 is used in the Ascent and Rendevous for pre Transfer Phase Initiation (TPI). In otherwords, this LEM is returning to the CSM and not preparing to land.

Verb 15 is a request to monitor and Noun 05 is the Angular Error. DSKY is monitoring the Angular error between our LEM and the command service module as it approaches for docking.

The fact that the beginning of the video shows us an Apollo 11 title, followed by a shot of a LEM in Ascent mode and then back to a view of moon kills this for me.

The video is intersting, but it fails in the details...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunson
One may say that they crash landed. If this is so, why is the vehicle in such good condition? I don't know about you, but I would think that if one were traveling through space it would be at a very fast speed, especially considering that the "aliens" were probably traveling from a very distant area, and impact at such an intense velocity would more than likely totally evaporate any object of that size.

The commentary (subtitles) does not say that the craft is in "good condition", quite the opposite. It appears to have impact damage from when the moon was regularly suffering bombardment, hence the comment about it looking "a billion years old".

The rest of the above assumes you know the point of origin of the object, its destination (after all it could have been aiming for the moon and crash landed), its structural integrity (who knows how much impact an alien craft could withstand, as it appears to have made a significant crater with no sign of breaking up).

I am playing devil's advocate here, as it is too easy to say "obviously fake" without a thorough examination, and consider it debunked.

The original anomaly... has anyone got/seen any more pictures of it?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm not jumping on the bad wagon so to speak one way or the other about the video. But I did a google search on his name. At first, I came up with nothing. Then once i saw that he was with nasa, i tried to apply that to the search. Only one result came up which you can see here:

www.google.com...

It's for the William S. Rutledge Lifetime Achievement Award. Yet nothing else seems to come up about this guy.

So how is that someone so unimportant that there is no references to him, can be so important that he has a lifetime achievement award named after him?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is starting to reek of Slurpo.

Sorry for the one-liner.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Link redone:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

It's a wide wide photo... scroll a bit to the right to see the object. It is not as good detail as on the vid but the object is there.
Using the photo from that link above I still have a hard time finding nice detail. But I must admit it looks very similar to what we saw on the vid.

Here is the part of the above linked image that you were talking about.

I do see something there that looks like the object in the video. Interesting.

Can we get any space nuts in here to analyze the coordinates from the video and the above image? Masqua, where are you?

EDIT: Oops! Looks like I'm a little behind. Didnt notice the multiple pages on this one already.

EDIT 2:

Originally posted by Horned Frog
I froze the video at the very beginning to see the DSKY values in the LEM.

The Program is 34
Verb is 15
Noun is 05

Program 34 is used in the Ascent and Rendevous for pre Transfer Phase Initiation (TPI). In otherwords, this LEM is returning to the CSM and not preparing to land.

Verb 15 is a request to monitor and Noun 05 is the Angular Error. DSKY is monitoring the Angular error between our LEM and the command service module as it approaches for docking.

Can you provide any sources for this data analysis? Not that I don't believe you, but if we are to properly debunk this, we need to properly document anything like this that the rest of us have no previous knowledge of. I for one, cannot decypher numbers like this on any Appollo flight.

[edit on 5/5/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here they are again:

Nose: 17.3 South - 117.62 East

Cockpit: 17.25 South - 117.62 East

Base: 17.2 South - 117.62 East

These would have to be correlated with the NASA image segment above, because the selenographic coordinates are incomplete (which actually adds to veracity. They would have known where they were. I do the same when at sea, between helm and nav).

Someone really clever (or non-lazy.. ahem!) might be able to work out the size of the object from these coordinates. .05 arc seconds between nose and cockpit (already sounding big to an earth-bound navigator) and a further .05 to the base. 1 lunar arc-second in length. Anyone?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow, yet another FAKE. Don't you guys see a trend here? The internet and youtube age is in full swing and it is only going to get worse. Thousands of UFO videos, ALL FAKE. What a coincidence...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

It might have been hard to keep a secret in the U.S. "IF" this were a joint mission with the soviets then it's not out of the relm of NASA to launch from a soviet platform?

Did the Russians have a rocket equivilent to the Saturn which could have launched the mission?

Yea thats what I was thinking. Going on the "IF" here, but if they were operating a joint mission then the only way to keep it out of the U.S. Media would be a launch platform in the soviet union. Then that goes into a whole other research mess. I'm not sure if the former soviet union has any archives on line that you could research and even if they did I would have no idea how to translate.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not totally convinced. It looks very old though, so why has'nt it been picked up before? When i was growing up i had some very old photographs of the luner surfice and there was'nt any images of any crashed saucers on them and they were good quality for their time.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This guy is defiantly legit...I found this vid in his list on youtube..its a smoking gun!

www.youtube.com...

Yea smoking gun alright..... gonna need more proof but it does look interesting!

jra

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've only skimmed through this thread, so forgive me if I repeat what's already been said.

There was no Apollo 20. NASA did want to do an Apollo 18, 19 and 20, but they were all canceled since the US Gov't cut there funding. The last Saturn launch was on May 14, 1973 on a modified 2 stage Saturn rocket. The Saturn rockets that are on display at Johnson Space Center and the Kennedy Space Center are made up from what was built for later Apollo missions before they were canceled.

There is no way they could have secretly sent more missions to the Moon without anyone noticing. A normal rocket launch isn't exactly subtle, let alone the launching of a Saturn V, which is still the largest rocket ever launched to this day. This footage is clearly fake, but it's decently done. A nice touch with the colour effect when the camera moves around and creates that rainbow pattern (the technical term escapes me) due to the rotating colour wheel, but the tv camera's were never hand held and needed to be plugged into the LM or LR so that they had power.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey jra, "There was no Apollo 20. NASA did want to do an Apollo 18, 19 and 20, but they were all canceled since the US Gov't cut there funding. The last Saturn launch was on May 14, 1973 on a modified 2 stage Saturn rocket. The Saturn rockets that are on display at Johnson Space Center and the Kennedy Space Center are made up from what was built for later Apollo missions before they were canceled."

Dunno, but seems to me what your saying is based on the facts as disseminated to the public.
Can one really believe what's said by officials as being the down-right truth of the matter?
I think no, certainly not - ever. Is that a reason to support the vid as being true?, no certainly not. But what if the vid's real?

Dallas

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLurker
One of those videos is labeled "ALIEN SPACESHIP ON THE MOON preflight study for APOLLO 20"

www.youtube.com...

The Video has what seems to be the same footage of the supposed spaceship only it's much shorter. (watch the opening screens) I also found several google listings of as-15 9325 and 9630 as being footage taken by Apollo 15.

Do you think that the words "preflight study" might indicate it was something used for training for the astronauts before the mission was canceled?

I don't think its a hoax. I think it was a training resource.

Excellent observation. I agree. I think this was used to train the apollo 20 crew of what to look for and see. As far as them communicating with vandenburg AFB - well we can't HEAR them talking, so lets assume that translation is probably false or misleading. I'm not going to write this off as hoax just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join