It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fake Video?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This video is so obviously fake it's not even funny. I can't believe some people are actually seriously discussing this. It is stuff like this that discredits real evidence of such matters.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
There is definitely a shadow underneath what is referred to in the ideo as the "nose".

Any ideas?

The nose is only visible in the model and the model makes you see things that aren't there in the real photograph. The real nasa photo has no extended nose, look carefully and you will see that the shadow doesn't go underneath.

Not sure what the technical term is but it looks like some exuded molten rock. If you look at the original photo and move to the left you will see a far better example:

...and this looks like a huge Quatermass-like monster creeping from a crater!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Are you sure thats the same crater? Is that a different angle of it. That would be really helpful, but there still appears to be a shadow in the original NASA shot.

Edit for stupidity! You already said this crater is to the left...

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Karilla]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Nicely done....

I remember a video where someone made an entire moonbase walkthrough and people thought it was real.....

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
A secret apollo 20 mission. I would think that it would have been hard to miss the launch of a Saturn rocket. If someone can verify the launch then maybe the video has merit.

It might have been hard to keep a secret in the U.S. "IF" this were a joint mission with the soviets then it's not out of the relm of NASA to launch from a soviet platform?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That video is not even a good fake.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
but there still appears to be a shadow in the original NASA shot.

I've tried to show here the shape of the exuded rock/mantle. The shadow is on the side of the material, not underneath. It isn't a pencil-like object raised off the ground, but more of a curved flow on the surface.... if you see what I mean:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well...I guess we will all know if it is "fake" by the end of September? So looks like we have 4 months to play with ideas.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow, this is a VERY good fake. You can write it off as a "model" if you want, but if that's true, this guy went to amazing lengths to hoax this. As someone already pointed out, the craters in the actual picture match up almost exactly with the ones shown in the video. And while the scale could be off, I don't think it is that obvious, nor do I think it's that obvious that the set was made of "clay."

But I think it's probably fake because:

1) The weird transition when switching to the telescoping lens is questionable
2) We have subtitles but no audible speech
3) The poster seems to have an agenda

EDIT: Haha. If you watch that same poster's supposed Apollo video of "the city," it's pretty obvious that he is a hoaxer. The city video is clearly just panning around a still photograph with a crappy drawn-in cityscape.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Postal76]

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Postal76]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
hmm, do you have photoshop? Or whatever package you used to add the yellow, if it has unsharp mask filter. Use Unsharp Mask, and bump up the radius, not the amount. You will see the shadow much better.

Admittedly, though, on the image above, as is, your explanation could fit. If that shadow is on the side of an extruded flow.

When does GoogleMoon go online?

Edit addendum adumdum: I just played some more. Would extruded lava come out at that angle? Sideways out of the crater, and then downhill? Seems unlikely. But then so does a cratered alien vehicle.

I know which I'd rather it was....

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
People never landed on the Moon. Armstrong never did an interview about his experience.

video.google.com...

Anything odd in a moon video is there because it isn't a moon video

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Neat video.
If only it could be true.

The video people here have shown some great evidence of a hoax.
Alas, I'm no video expert.
I do however have grammar and spelling as one of my all-time pet
peeves.

I watched the video and two items stood out :
Spelled "buried" as "burried".
And, "shadow" as "shdow".

Not exactly top rate, imo.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The part that gives it away is the message saying: 'it must have been here billions of years'.

Clearly stands out as a VERY uninformed statement, especially from an astronaut.

That is, apart from all the above mentioned issues.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by seenitall]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I send the person (retiredafb) a mail and i got a response mail from him:

My name is William Rutledge, i was member of the crew as CDR. I'll open a site with additional flightplans, various data about the mission. Regards

Anybody know what CDR means?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Anybody know what CDR means?

I'm pretty sure it means commander.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
CDR = Commander.

He's claiming he was the commander listed on the alleged mission manifest.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Man, I want to believe this is real, but the evidence points to it being a fake.

But, its a darned good fake. He obviously went through a lot of trouble to make this as real as possible. Although honestly I'm getting sick and tired of hoaxes.

Also really have we ever seen an alien ship before that looked like that? They are always saucer or triangle shaped, never like that. Thats more of a human design.

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Check out this video caught by a Police Helicopter camera.

AMAZING UFO FOOTAGE!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/5/07 by JAK]

Can you please refrain from advertising your thread in another thread? Its kinda rude.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It might have been hard to keep a secret in the U.S. "IF" this were a joint mission with the soviets then it's not out of the relm of NASA to launch from a soviet platform?

Did the Russians have a rocket equivilent to the Saturn which could have launched the mission?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks guy's for the CDR explanation. He seems to be 76 years old, maybe he wants to come clean or something
Anyway, here is his other correspondence he wrote:

Thanks for your interest for the Apollo 20 mission. I receive many request from viewers. I can communicate with some of them, and I wish to establish a regular and good communication.

Here are some questions, don’t be offended, it is a way for me to establish priority for the correspondance. These questions and answers will be useful for me to authentify myself, I will include in the next step a linguistic and historic mark.

I will answer to every question about every fact of the mission, if I’m sure to have a penpal who has a good knowledge of the Apollo program, and who can investigate and find some of the failures in the Nasa-Usaf communication.

A website will be opened, with some major facts, pdf flight plans, lunar maps , scans of the 70mm hasselblad views. The actual tapes are numerized in a country who has poor video and 16 mm transfer possibilities.

What is the original name of the Apollo 204 mission.

What officially happened to the LM-15

What is the date of the end of fabrication of the two last Saturn V SA-514 and SA-515
(date of release of the S-IVB)

What happened to these two Saturn V

What is the noun-verb inputs for displaying the MET time on the DSKY

About hi technology used now in space;
Which singuliar material is exhausted by the American Aurora space plane
What is the speed of ejection out of the main motors
What is the maximal altitude reachable by the aurora plane with two additional solid rockets.

Have fun

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He's bogus in my estimation...

In the accompanying video that he claims is an Apollo 20 launch out of Vandenburg, you can hear launch control call out Bravo 1 followed by a shortened clip of someone starting to tell the listeners what Mode Bravo 1 means.

It sounds to me like it's Shorty Powers, the Public Affairs officer for the cape. If this were a clandestined launch, why would they have PA covering the event and providing commentary?

The "Director" fades out the voice audio as soon as he starts to comment which makes me question the validity of his claims. Also, why doesn't he show the vehicle leaving the tower complex? Afraid we might see some Florida scrub lands?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join