It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fake Video?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Do you know when you see a model in a film, pretending to be a big thing? You can always tell it's small really.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A secret apollo 20 mission. I would think that it would have been hard to miss the launch of a Saturn rocket. If someone can verify the launch then maybe the video has merit.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
He has many other vids up, including the supposed launch of Apollo 20:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
the descriptive text;

Videos of the boldest and most secret apollo mission. Apollo 20 went to the moon august 16 1976. Destination was Iszak D, southwest of Delporte Crater, farside of the moon. The mission was soviet-american. Crew was William Rutledge CDR, former of bell laboratories, leona snyder CSP bell laboratories, and alexei leonov, soviet cosmonaut former "apollo soyouz" (mission one year earlier).

Now Alexei Leonov exists, he was the first man to walk in space

The other 2, Leona Snyder and William Rutledge, get no hits on google in relation to Nasa or Apollo.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
He has many other vids up, including the supposed launch of Apollo 20:
www.youtube.com...

One of those videos is labeled "ALIEN SPACESHIP ON THE MOON preflight study for APOLLO 20"

www.youtube.com...

The Video has what seems to be the same footage of the supposed spaceship only it's much shorter. (watch the opening screens) I also found several google listings of as-15 9325 and 9630 as being footage taken by Apollo 15.

Do you think that the words "preflight study" might indicate it was something used for training for the astronauts before the mission was canceled?

I don't think its a hoax. I think it was a training resource.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by just theory
Interesting video for sure, this link in the stills video seems to show the same object.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

The craters around the object in the picture here and the video of the stills from a higher view seem to be the same.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by errorist
the descriptive text;

Videos of the boldest and most secret apollo mission. Apollo 20 went to the moon august 16 1976. Destination was Iszak D, southwest of Delporte Crater, farside of the moon. The mission was soviet-american. Crew was William Rutledge CDR, former of bell laboratories, leona snyder CSP bell laboratories, and alexei leonov, soviet cosmonaut former "apollo soyouz" (mission one year earlier).

Now Alexei Leonov exists, he was the first man to walk in space

The other 2, Leona Snyder and William Rutledge, get no hits on google in relation to Nasa or Apollo.

I've found this link, but i dont understand very well english (i'm italian) to know if there is some connection between this people.

www.redriverreview.com...

cost.jsc.nasa.gov...

Later in 1964 after a reorganization, management of the MSFC cost office was taken over by Bill Rutledge who went on to lead the MSFC cost group for more than 20 years. Rutledge steadily built the MSFC cost group's strength until it was generally recognized in the late 1960s as the strongest cost organization within the Agency. One of Rutledge's more outstanding innovations was the acquisition of a contractor to expand and maintain an Agency wide cost database and develop new models. The Resource Data Storage and Retrieval (REDSTAR) database was begun in 1971 and is still operational to day, supporting Agency wide cost activities. The contract was originally awarded to PRC and, under Rutledge's management, developed numerous models throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

mod edit: shortened link

[edit on 5-5-2007 by sanctum]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The video contains all the signs of a miniature model filmed with a domestic video camera.

Here is the original nasa photo:

and here is what looks like a reconstruction done in modelling clay taken from the video:

- it has been rotated to allow easier comparison - note the subtle differences in the landscape.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A random vid posted on YouTube by some random dude with no sources given, no proof of the claim of any sort, no witnesses to the actual source video, looks like a mini model to the naked eye, with edited in subtitles with no audio to go with it, etc etc.

Yep,, this is definately believable.
Pardon me while I laugh at how gullible some folks are these days..
hehehe
Alright, I'm done, carry on.
To those who provided images to show the diff bewteen the actual Nasa pic and the hoax vid, nice work.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by nybaseball44]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Very good torsion.
There is a clear difference, nice work.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If it is a hoax, that's if, then someone has gone to a lot of trouble. However, that's not to say it isn't.

Originally posted by nybaseball44
Pardon me while I laugh at how gullible folks are these days..

AHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAAHAA

I'm wondering if someone could fill me in as to when entertaining an idea because the same as accepting an idea. I think I must have missed a meeting.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You'll notice, as the orbiting craft presumably continued on its way, the object being filmed stayed the same relative size. Answer....of course it did, they kept the focus constant by adjusting the lens. Next question....why then do the calibration marks and number, on the craft and not moving away, stay in the same focus?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i think he used the same photo for the "study video" as the one from the nasa website. - edit - now that i see it in front of me it does indeed look more like a clay model of the original photo.

the original photo:

The one in the study video:

Now in the "alien spaceship" video, we clearly see something different:

It would have been a more clever hoax if he had his model look more like the one on photo. Now we see only the cockpit while we should see a part of the "base" too

-edit mixed up 2 things

-edit changed tags

[edit on 5-5-2007 by errorist]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Two major problems I have with this YouTube video is:

1) The speed does not appear to be consistent with any other footage that I've seen of a flyover of the moon. If indeed the POV perspective of the camera was zooming in as close as this video claims, the terrain below would be whipping by at an incredible speed. I don't believe it would be as slow as this video wants us to believe. With every multiplication factor of either optics or actual mass coming closer, the illusion of speed and movement is also therefore increased. If we are to believe this to be a fixed camera view and the craft is getting closer/further away, it also would be affecting the terrain movement visually to the observer regardless of the pan/tilt of the camera.

2) The poster clearly labels himself as a "Director" on the YouTube page...

There are a number of other inconsistencies... but these two will do... I'll let the rest of you have fun with it...

Johnny

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Someone clearly has gone to a lot of trouble so I would suspect it may be part of a commertial documentary/dvd. Something like the latest David Sereda release or, most likely, something from Europe/Russia due to the poor grammar in the subtitles.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
If it is a hoax, that's if, then someone has gone to a lot of trouble. However, that's not to say it isn't.

Originally posted by nybaseball44
Pardon me while I laugh at how gullible folks are these days..

AHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAAHAA

I'm wondering if someone could fill me in as to when entertaining an idea because the same as accepting an idea. I think I must have missed a meeting.

O its the guy who posted how Billy Meier predicted the future again, heyyy nice to see you again mr gullible! My comment was directed at those who spread ignorance rather than deny it. If the OPs thread title weren't so ridiculous as usual, I might have been a little less harsh. Cheers.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I dont buy it,
Lets see it zoom back and resume normal moon scanning motion without a highly suspicious fuzzing out of the tape. That was the biggest bs part for me.
'Okay initiating shaky hand held cam mode...NOW' 'roger that'

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
hate to burst everyone's bubble here but your supposed "spacecraft" or "alien base" looks eerily similar to the head of an unsharpened pencil

look at it again...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Credits to the people who made the movie
, atleast they put some time into making it look real.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Um, I would just like to point out that if you take the two images above, the study photo and original NASA image, and you overlay the two in photoshop, you can get ALL of the craters to line up. The only thing is it needs a small amount of top/bottom stretch, equally I might add, and the ship/anomaly grows fatter.

This all suggests to me that the vido could be real, if the flight-paths were very slightly different in a north/south orientation. I say again, ALL the craters match for location, but the sun is at a slightly higher angle in the video which explains why some of the smaller craters just below the anomaly have no shadows in them, hence the slightly different appearance of some of them.

Anybody who could fake this video, getting the craters exactly right, the topography, etc., he could certainly have matched the sunlight and viewing angle to the NASA released image.

Obviously, if NASA did send up a secret mission they wouldn't release ANY of the images, because they know nerds like us will be poring over them in minute detail. So, similar flightpath but not identical.

The different angle in some of the shots ties in with the orbit being NorthEast/SouthWest and passing pretty close to directly over the anomaly.

Meanwhile, what is in that original NASA image, even if the video is a hoax?

There is definitely a shadow underneath what is referred to in the ideo as the "nose".

Any ideas?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join