It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what this site is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I stumbled into this site by accident.Does anyone know what it is about.Site.It seems to have refrences to Allister Crowley in the "books to read" section.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
From what I understand, these are the copyright owners of all of A. Crowleys works. They are known as OTO and have about 3000 members all over the world. They are like a masonic fraternity or a religious one...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks Greatlakes,I saw the Crowley refrences and thought it was a secret society of sorts.Sorry for jumping the gun.Thanks for your input G.L.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
From what I understand, these are the copyright owners of all of A. Crowleys works. They are known as OTO and have about 3000 members all over the world. They are like a masonic fraternity or a religious one...

Mmmm.. no, they are not really all that much like Masonry, just because Crowley was one. They are not associated with us, just with Crowley's teachings.

The page was designed by a one: Dmitry Chernov, and his URL expires on June 11th 2007.

Looks like its just a OTO website. Nothing suspicious with that, people can believe as they wish.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And Pan by noon and Bacchus by night
Fleeter of foot than the fleet-foot kid,
Follows with dancing and fills with delight
The M?nad and the Bassarid;
And soft as lips that laugh and hide
The laughing leaves of the trees divide,
And screen from seeing and leave in sight
The god pursuing, the maiden hid.

They seem to follow old Crowley's maxim "do what thou wilt be the whole of the law". Very Pagan in tone, especially the seven rites stuff.

Now I had the strange experience of getting one of the banned Crowley books out of my local library when I was 13.

It had proper black magic rituals in it, whatever this site says about Crowley not advocating the indulgence of dark passions.

One of the rites in the book was how to become invisible, with the aid of the head of a hanged man, preferably well rotted. Beans are placed in the eyes nose cavity, etc. and then a complicated ritual is performed, after which the beans, when placed in one's own mouth, are supposed to make you invisible. Another was to make naked virgins appear in your bedroom. So yes, he was definitely a black magician. I seem to recall that there was a rite for summoning the devil!

Best avoided. I took the book back ( afew months late) after which they twigged and it dissappeared.

Cug

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That site is the homepage of a local body of the O.T.O. (The 93 Oasis in Montebello, CA)

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Mmmm.. no, they are not really all that much like Masonry, just because Crowley was one. They are not associated with us, just with Crowley's teachings.

Crowley wasn't a Mason.

Originally posted by Karilla

One of the rites in the book was how to become invisible, with the aid of the head of a hanged man, preferably well rotted. Beans are placed in the eyes nose cavity, etc. and then a complicated ritual is performed, after which the beans, when placed in one's own mouth, are supposed to make you invisible. Another was to make naked virgins appear in your bedroom. So yes, he was definitely a black magician. I seem to recall that there was a rite for summoning the devil!

That is not from any of Crowley's work

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
*shrugs* .. why is he always associated with Masonry then.

I honestly know nothing about OTO or any part there of it, its not my cup of tea ya know?

Cug

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
*shrugs* .. why is he always associated with Masonry then.

Because he was associated with various irregular masonic groups.
freemasonry.bcy.ca... for a good overview of Crowley's "Masonic" life.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That is not from any of Crowley's work

It is. Honest. I knew even then (20ish years ago) that some of the more esoteric Crowley output had been banned in the UK, and the library had a copy that preceeded the ban. something of something of Magick. It was an old hardback then. I'd say early seventies date of publication, but what edition, I have no idea. I can't imagie there were many. I will try to find out more.

Palmers Green Library, N. London, if it helps.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It might well be this, but without a copy, I can't say for sure. The title rings a bell...

The Dover edition (1976) begins by eliminating "Do what thou wilt ..." and instead adds "Magick in Theory and Practice" on page i. This edition redesigns the main title page on page iii and eliminates the triangular symbol under the authors name. Like the Castle edition it also eliminates the full title page for The Hymn to Pan, followed by a blank page and thus the poem begins on page v. The full title page for the Introduction and the blank page as found in the

Subscriber's edition are also eliminated in this edition. However, like the Castle edition the original page depicting the Signs of the Degrees found in Volume One of the original printing (of the four) is now added in on pg.viii. The Intro itself also begins on page ix. The Contents are also abridged to one page, pg.xxvii.

Source:www.redflame93.com...

This seems to be a pretty much complete bibliography.

Cug

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey Karilla,

Good post
, you went to a good source for information about Crowley.

But you are still wrong.

The bit about the head is from the Grimorium Verum, as that would be an unusual book to find in a library in the 70's odds are you saw it in a book called The Book of Ceremonial Magic by Arthur Edward Waite (It was sometimes published with the title The Book of Black Magic and of Pacts.)

There is an online copy of The Book of Ceremonial Magic here.
www.sacred-texts.com...

The parts about invisibility are on this page
www.sacred-texts.com...

In any case it's not the work of Crowley, or Waite for that matter, it was first published in 1500's

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Blimey. Hats off to you. That was the one. :wow. As soon as I read the title. So.. which Crowley did I get from the (same) library. I can remember getting a Crowley book out roughly at the same time. But, obviously, cannot remember much about it.

So, kind of wishing I'd shut up but secretly glad I didn't because I now have those links, I have no idea whether Crowley was satanist. The Pan/Satan confusion may have been a bit subtle for me back then.

Cug, you have some pretty esoteric stuff in your frontal lobe. Well done and thanks.

top topics

join