It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Church - We Wish Va Tech Had 33,000 Victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do not understand why that preacher is not in jail on some kind of conspiracy charges. He should be held in Guantanamo as a terrorist.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i dont hope for all that but i do know God is going to convict them and we will see it they will be turned upside down

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
i dont hope for all that but i do know God is going to convict them and we will see it they will be turned upside down

whatever happened to judge not?

you're just as bad as they are if you're claiming that they're going to hell.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
conviction is not condemnation. i was meaning to have God reavealed in their hearts that they might turn from their sin. yes they are sinning. is that too bold of a statement to make? Paul was more bolder than I am in his letters in the new testament

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This reminds me of a recent thread about a teenager jailed for a violent piece of writting for school. Why isn't Fred Phelps behind bars then?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Only if they were included in that number.
:shk:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well yes the ones that believe what either the pastor or whoever said that statement. but what about the ones that are born again and going to that church believing these things? the bible holds accountable a;; those who now its wrong and still do it. like somone said before it was ignorance now its rebellion thats who im talking about

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

well yes the ones that believe what either the pastor or whoever said that statement. but what about the ones that are born again and going to that church believing these things?

They are no better than those who are not. For those who speak evil words of hatred have not the spirit of Christ in them, in my honest opinion,especially when they have the gall to try and condone the murder of people.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
This reminds me of a recent thread about a teenager jailed for a violent piece of writting for school. Why isn't Fred Phelps behind bars then?

The Phelps run a Law Firm probably...that's right they're lawyers...surprise surprise

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
that dosent change the fact that alot of famlies are never going to be the same again and that all families were changed by this event, like columbine. and i feel as a christian that we should be praying for those that have to live with the fact their son or daughter of mother or father are never coming home again

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

conviction is not condemnation. i was meaning to have God reavealed in their hearts that they might turn from their sin. yes they are sinning. is that too bold of a statement to make? Paul was more bolder than I am in his letters in the new testament

how do you know that you're not the one sinning? they're using the exact same book as you and coming back with different interpretations and answers, so how do you know you're the one using the book correctly?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
where does it say that Jesus said preach hate where does it say that we should not help those that sinned where does it say that we should wish more deaths upon one another?...if your reading the same book as i then surly you cant find them where you would though would be in the teachings of muhammed whose epileptic fits where thought to have been visions of God now i know they are reading the same bible that i am reading from but im saying there are no reasons to be going around saying things like that especially if they say its from the bible ...sheerly because its not you wont find stuff like that in there you can twist things as much as you want the meaning of the bible is simple God is love ive made that step of faith have you

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

where does it say that Jesus said preach hate where does it say that we should not help those that sinned where does it say that we should wish more deaths upon one another?

you've obviously never read the old testament. jesus may not say it, but his daddy does plenty. and jesus supports the old testament fully

matthew 5:17
look it up, i'm sure you have a bible on you.

...if your reading the same book as i then surly you cant find them where you would though would be in the teachings of muhammed whose epileptic fits

off-topic hatred against another faith, very nice and pleasant of you.

where thought to have been visions of God now i know they are reading the same bible that i am reading from but im saying there are no reasons to be going around saying things like that especially if they say its from the bible

have you ever read the bible from cover to cover? because all the stuff they say is in there is actually there.

...sheerly because its not you wont find stuff like that in there you can twist things as much as you want the meaning of the bible is simple God is love ive made that step of faith have you

they don't have to twist it, all they have to do is take it literally.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree, much of Christianity these days avoids verses of the Bible that are violent or that may seem irrational in the modern age. All the Phelps are doing is making people realize that yes, the Christian god does HATE, and that god will punish mankind through floods, storms, drought, and other disasters. Simply put, god will punish people through the death of loved ones. The Phelps ARE Christians because they follow the Bible's doctrine in a percise manner and because their Church is tax-exempt.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Please show me where it says that God says "you must have a hatred for this race or where we should hate our own nation" ?? and yes, Matthew 5:17 I happen to like that verse but, did you read on? verse 21-22 talks about if you hate your brother or sister you will be subject to punsihment.

Now, after reading that I have a question... are they subject to punishment if they hate America...when they come from America, or glad when soldiers die, or, more related to this topic, if they are glad to see and want more deaths in VT??

I happen to like this debate Maddness please continue to ask

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This Westboro Church is way off base. God does not hate fags. I have to get this out so bear with me for just a moment. He only hates the bad things we decide to do. Hating is wrong period so I don't understand why this church has sites saying god hates fags.com etc,etc. Plus I saw a video of this preacher and such foul language just flowed out of his mouth. I was think is this person crazy or something?

And him saying they wished 33,000 was killed that was totally uncalled for. What does the VA Tech attack have to do with our problems? They didn't ask for it.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Its freedom of speech. Though what I dont understand is that a Pastor in Pennslvania can get arrested for quoting from the Book of Romans on Homosexuality and how the sin is bad, yet Fred Phelps helps himself on bashing anything and anybody?
I pray for that man to see what he is doing to the world. He is only driving people away when we are supposed to be "Fishers of men"

God bless

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Its freedom of speech. Though what I dont understand is that a Pastor in Pennslvania can get arrested for quoting from the Book of Romans on Homosexuality and how the sin is bad, yet Fred Phelps helps himself on bashing anything and anybody?
I pray for that man to see what he is doing to the world. He is only driving people away when we are supposed to be "Fishers of men"

God bless

I do not get this guy at all he acts like God hates everyone. Perhaps it him hating everyone. I'm glad I don't go to this church.

<< 1   >>

join