It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the better Star Trek Captain, Kirk, Picard, or Janeway?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Like a Virgin, A Captain of a StarShip for the very first time
Like a Virgin, Got your Klingons on my mind

Gonna give you all my phaser, and my photon topedos too
I gonna hit warp, theres nothing you can do.

Captian Spock dancing circles around James T Kirk

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Peace Live Long and Prosper

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ok.......... Anyway, Spock wasn't one of the choices. you coices are:
Kirk
Picard
Janeway
Sisco
Archer
and Not Spock!!!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I really like all of them. I've loved every Star Trek show and will have a hard time choosing my favorite captain, but I have to pick Jon Luc Picard. I always thought he was sexy for some reason.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1

and Not Spock!!!

Spock WAS a captain though. See Wrath of Khan.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
DIFFICULT!
I'm kinda stuck between Sisko and Jean-Luc..... well.... I'd say Picard and that's ONLY because he was a Borg!

I loved Deep Space Nine as a series more than any other Star Trek. It had the right mix of war, trivial problems and homeliness. But Next Generation was pretty darned good too. It was kinda cheesy at the start but it got so much better.

And Alice Krige as the Borg Queen...... well, if that's assimilation SIGN ME UP!

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

and Not Spock!!!

Spock WAS a captain though. See Wrath of Khan.

I know that he was a captain in wrath of Khan, but kirk was demoted to captain. I know my Star Trek!!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Picard was the best ST captain, as he was the most intelligent and projected the best command presence. I find the series itself a little too preachy and a little too utopian and sanitized, however. Boooorrrriiiiiinnnnggg Zzzz.... Thankfully, the last half or so of the series got better in that regard.

Kirk would be 2nd. Its been probably 15 years since I've seen the original series, however.

Archer has to be third. This is my favorite ST series as I find it a little more believable than the others, but Archer's character is a mixed bag. Still, he saved Earth from being blown up. Its gotta be worth something.

Janeway would be 4th. You guys can keep 7 of 9...I'll claim Janeway, I've always thought KM was hot despite being more than 20yrs older than I am. She definitely has a classic beauty thing going on, which is great. That's pretty much Janeway's claim to fame here. Otherwise, I've seen very little of the series, though what little I have seen was good.

Sisco would be last. I just didn't care much for DS9, although I've seen probably a third to half of the episodes. The whole space station premise just didn't work for me. Terry Farrell's character, Dax, was a friggin' babe and the only real reason to watch as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
here's a list of my favorite captains:

1.) Picard
2.) Archer
3.) Janeway
4.) Kirk
5.) Sisko

(dude, Janeway is 20 years older than you. You don't have a chance)

[edit on 4/6/07 by galm 1]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Janeway sounded like the first thing she did every morning when she woke up was hack up a cough and ask for a cigarette.

Thats not a woman....THATS A MANNNN!!!

The Best Captain ever was...COMMANDER PETER QUINCY TAGGART of the NSEA Protector.....by Grabthars Hammer.

Hottest chick.

Lt. Tawny Madison.

.....or Picard and T'pol.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Grimholt]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why is this in the Rant forum? Would make more sense if it was in the Television one. Kind of wondering how this relates to ranting? lol.

Captain Picard all the way!

[edit on 6-4-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Picard was the best captain. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Janeway is the best captain for one good reason. Her fighting prowess. I could take on your average "Kirk" or "Picard" by taking a hostage, force them to drop their phasers, and blast them in the face. But with Janeway, it's a totally different game with her. She wouldn't hesitate to go through the hostage to get to you, or she'd think up some fiendish counter-attack, whilst she made you babble incessantly about whatever your evil plan was. The DS9 guy Sisqo is also someone you shouldn't really mess with. A fearless guy like him isn't someone I'd like to get into a tussle with. I bet he's the type who eats Klingon food daily and goes hunting with Worf on Tuesdays.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OK, Janeway was a good captain, but not as good as Picard or Archer.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
...I love Star Trek. I once even sat on a symposium about the cultural impact of Star Trek.

Now, in TOS almost all of the bridge crew became Captians...

Kirk (of course), Spock, Scotty (Captain of engineering),Sulu (Excelsior),

Mccoy ( was an Admiral in Encounter at Farpoint ST:TNG...So we can

assume logically, that he became a Captain first... )

So when the Enterprise 1701A has a reunion what's it like..

"Captain"...Captain"..." Captains,Captains, Captains..."

...But ,do you think Chekov ever became a captain...?

Naw...!! ('Cause noone would understand his orders...)

Captain Chekov: Fotin topedoes.. on the dubble!!

Helmsman:..Uh, sorry Captain...We don't have any floating torpedoes

:w::w::w:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I don't agree with the ending of this video.

I.... Hope.... That.... You.... Enjoy.... The.... Video.

That was a way cool video, I like Picard though gonna miss him.
But I been a Kirk fan since I was just a little boy so I gots to go with the Kirk man, Kirkin away in kirkland, the kirkalater

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join