It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft’s Awe-inspiring DigiDesk Concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yet another hi-tech innovation/concept from Microsoft. While most of the concepts look cool, they have the appearance that they would take years to perfect, and even more years before the public could have access.

The DigiDesk however looks like a very feasible concept which I could see making its way to market within 5 years.

What do you think? Is this what they used in Minority Report?

Microsoft DigiDesk

We have come across a horde of multi-touch work surfaces lately. Now, Microsoft’s “Center for Information Work” has taken wraps off a touch sensitive concept desk, which they have christened DigiDesk. The mesmerizing two-pane workstation comprises touch-sensitive screens that bring a new feel of interactivity between the user and his work.

The DigiDesk lets you maneuver documents and change controls just by using your fingers. The concept is awe-inspiring but we can’t hope for such devices anytime soon until and unless such panels don’t come cheap. Any DIY crazy fellow will love the concept.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Impressive, most impressive.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here is the low down...

This kind of intuitive graphically driven command interface is where it's all going my friends.

And it's about time too.

The main issue with today’s technology is that firstly you need to understand it before you can use it.

So many people are left behind and do not upgrade to newer more versatile systems, simply because they do not understand how it works...

People may understand the principle behind tech but mostly they are afraid to learn about it.

However, This type of interface will bridge the gap and allow people of all levels of technical expertise to manage and operate using technology.

The very first consumer applications of this type of tech will be with us all this year with Apples I-Phone, paving the way for more systems to be introduced later in 2008.

The future will be anything other than dark

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

join