It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor killing of young girl in Iraq caught on video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I just saw this on the news. I am just disgusted, not only by the action itelf, ending the life of a young girl just because she had an "unauthorized"
boyfriend but the demeanor of the participants and onlookers. Iraqi police look on and do nothing, onlookers smile, laugh and shout in triumph, participants cheer as they smash her in the head with rocks until hse is dead.

My question is this, do most muslims condone Honor killing? I am not trying to be demeaning to the religion but the question must be asked. If they dont then why are they all crowded in the street to watch, hundreds of them, and not one person lifts a finger to help her.

THIS CRAP HAS TP STOP!!!

Warning: this video is graphic and violent.

video link

[edit on 4-5-2007 by kokoro]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Disgusting. Religion is a mental illness...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The video had been removed.

Now What?

akg

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here is another link..

Complete madness.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Link To Inappropriate Hosting Site Removed.

[edit on 4/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well they removed the video. Anyway, the content is described above. Suffice it to say that it was disturbing to say the least.

I want to be clear here that I am not downing anyones religion. I dont think any religion is "evil". I am jsut wondering why this sort of blatant violence towards women is allowed to continue. I mean they were cheering at the death of another person being murdered before their eyes for gods sake!! I jsut.. dont understand..

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dangit, cant someone find it again on another link and PM it to me?

What is described kind of reminds me of a video someone put on ATS about what happened her in the USA a few months ago. Cop nearly beats barwoman to death because she would not give him more beer, people just stared or got out of the guys way. So the question is: if someone HAD acted, what would those Iraqi "police" have done? Shoot the would be rescuer or leave them be?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Let's see, one drunken cop who has been fired, and sued, with a victim who sustained non life threatening injuries; versus a girl murdered in horrible fashion by her own family who is still on the loose.

There was only one or two onlookers (unarmed, just regular citizens) in the Chicago case, and they did call police. How many armed policemen watched this girl die?

I've seen reaches before... But I think you've pulled brain muscle on this one.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My best friend's sister was killed by her father, his Dad called it honor killing. The only thing she had done was date some guy, and that earned her 14 stabs to the stomach with a kitchen knife, eventually leading to her death in mere minutes. It happened in broad daylight, in the front yard of their home, here in Michigan.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Impreza, was you friend Muslim? Her family?

I'm sorry this happen, hope you are doing OK.

Roper

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well since it's Islam I'm not surprised. Islam is pure evil, it encourages hate against everyone including their own family members. Is it any wonder why most of the Islamic world is at war? But I'm sure there will be muslim apologists that will end up blaming the U.S. somehow for honor killings as well.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah, they are muslim. I don't get this whole honor killing thing, everyone else from his country that are also muslim describe this act as something sickening.

Yeah, I'm okay, thanks for asking. I was just concerned for my friend because he missed a lot of school after the event. It really did a number on him, so I never really discussed it with him.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well since it's Islam I'm not surprised. Islam is pure evil, it encourages hate against everyone including their own family members. Is it any wonder why most of the Islamic world is at war? But I'm sure there will be muslim apologists that will end up blaming the U.S. somehow for honor killings as well.

Well before blaming islam it would be nice if you could get your facts straight!

This girl was not muslim, Ironicaly she was stoned to death for being with a muslim boy, so its really the other way round.

Heres a link to the news, if you research before making comments it would be nice

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Fair enough, I'll give you that one, I'm just so used to seeing -honor killings- in association to Islamic culture, but looks like some of their neighbors have adopted this ritual as well. Great influences they have on each other.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really do HATE honour killing, if I had my hands on one of these fathers, I dont know what Id do to them, these guys really think stoning a girl for half an hour to death for a somthing that is natural is right?

What kind of fathers are these people. They should be ashamed of themselves, and they are the ones that truly bring shame to their family. Pathetic.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
I just saw this on the news. I am just disgusted, not only by the action itelf, ending the life of a young girl just because she had an "unauthorized"
boyfriend but the demeanor of the participants and onlookers. Iraqi police look on and do nothing, onlookers smile, laugh and shout in triumph, participants cheer as they smash her in the head with rocks until hse is dead.

My question is this, do most muslims condone Honor killing? I am not trying to be demeaning to the religion but the question must be asked. If they dont then why are they all crowded in the street to watch, hundreds of them, and not one person lifts a finger to help her.

THIS CRAP HAS TP STOP!!!

Warning: this video is graphic and violent.

[REMOVED URL - NO DESIRE OR NEED TO SEE IT, QUITE CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING WITHOUT THE GRAPHIC EVIDENCE, THANK YOU]

[edit on 4-5-2007 by kokoro]

No honour in this type of activity. Lets call it what it is: Murder.

p.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by phoenix103]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Fair enough, I'll give you that one, I'm just so used to seeing -honor killings- in association to Islamic culture, but looks like some of their neighbors have adopted this ritual as well. Great influences they have on each other.

Yeah I think it has nothing to do with religion, these people are just disgusting religious or not, honour killings, I just cant understand it, their own daughter?

What about the shame they put upon their daughters? wheres the honour?

I wish I could save all these people who suffer in the world, I really do, but its impossible, Im no god

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I understand from my Iraqi and Palestinian friends that under Islam one will be put to death for abandoning the Islamic faith, so in effect what we have here is religion still in the dark ages.

Not unlike Christianity was in the times of the Inquisition which raged across Europe once. I guess back in those days you could say the same thing that Christianity was pure evil. It was not that long ago in our Western history when "loose girls" were treated quite horribly and seen as possessed by the devil too.

I don't make apologies for Islam. I am not attacking Christianity. I do think it is a belief system which is trapped in medievil dark ages. Islam has a strong sense of communal values which however subjugate the rights of the individual. It is a huge clash of cultures. Many Muslims see Westerners as some form of cancer to be eradicated, which is why I have no time for those who advocate kid glove handling of Iran. I am entitled to live by my values and it is none of their business. they can't come to our lands and bomb us for living by our own values in our own countries.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Having been on the wrong end of Islamic 'honour' (but obviously not to this extent) there's just 3 things I wanted to say.

1. it's BS of the highest order fermented by bigots

2. It is completely sexist in its application - men are allowed to get away with stuff, girls get killed / kidnapped & married off

3. it's not all muslims - islam is just the excuse for this sort of evil crap (and other disgusting stuff - I'm not talking terrorism)

PS I'm glad the video link has gone I don't want to / no-one needs to see this sick 'stuff'

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im actually more interested in the reaction of the people around while the girl was getting stoned to death. "Honor" killings are one thing, you expect that sort of behavior in backwards cultures.

But people actually standing around in a crowd, passively watching. Cheering. Policemen who are supposed to uphold law standing by, fully armed, doing nothing. While an adolecent child is murdered. No cries of protest from the crowd, no cries of "what the hell are you doing, you sick morons!" No one reacting in horror, outrage, and protest to the cold blooded and brutal MURDER that is taking place a few feet away from them. Murder being performed close enough they can see gore and hear the thuds of rocks hitting the girl's body. A child. A young human, barely into puberty, being brutally murdered within grabbing distance. Where people could have attacked the filth that were stoning her.

Are these human beings? No. They arent even animals. Human beings would find the murder of an unarmed non-violent human in their midst at the very least, disturbing. And animals do not stand around when one of their own is being killed if their lives are not also in danger.

What does it say about that culture they live in, where life is this cheap?

Does anyone ever really think this region of the world is capable of human, civilized behavior, when you have signifigant pockets of THIS running around?

All the more reason to leave Iraq. All the more reason that the idea of peace and sanity in the Middle East is a pipe dream.

You cant teach a dog quantum physics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join