It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Want Chimp Declared a 'Person'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Redundant concept. I declared all People to be apes, long long ago.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When you give gays the right to marry...

You just knew beastiality was next. Pronounce animals human, and next thing you know some pervert will want the right to "marry" it.

Where does it end?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
He's a humanzee! Why does he have to be declared a human to receive donations or representation? Can't a non profit org. adopt him and take donations for Him? It's such a shame. Humans have put him in this position. Taken as a baby and lab tested upon just to be discarded like trash. I've always believed that if We are to be judged it will be directly related to how We treat Our fellow man. I'm going to expand that to 'fellow creature', excluding creepy-crawlies. Really, I even try to just shoosh them out the door. I'm a big animal activist, no booing please. I realize that people put more importance on some species than others and consider animals to be of lesser value than humans. I don't agree. I think We all have a right to this world, equally. It's unfortunate We take the things for granted the way We do. Hence, extinction of many species. Poor guy.

Peace. K*

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
When you give gays the right to marry...

You just knew beastiality was next. Pronounce animals human, and next thing you know some pervert will want the right to "marry" it.

Where does it end?

Ewww. You've officially grossed Me out for the day. Now if I can just get rid of the mental picture......(looking for something sharp and pointy)

There may be some who'd actually do that too....(still looking)

Peace. K*

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
I would counter to anyone that says apes do not talk
they may not have the ability of speech but they do talk.
American Sign Language
Koko the female gorilla is much smarter then a Chimp, ie she has a larger vocabulary, which I always maintained in my youth when they always said chimps were smarter.
there are at least three kinds of Chimps, the gorilla size Bili Chimps *lion killers* immune to posion of the natives arrows and only recently discovered, regular chuimps who are male led and are killers and murders and hunters of meat and Bonabos a female dominated society with no killing, just lots of sex and masterbation.
three types of gorillas.
Moutain, Eastern and Western Lowland Gorillas
I supported this inititive over seven years ago in a internet petition.

This is an interesting point indeed, junglelord.
I've already read about some geo-social researcher who states that matriarchal tribes are non-violent, whereas patriarchal tribes always are. Not only with apes, but also for humans.

This prooves that it is not natural human behavior to be warmongering or killing for fun. Like many people believe. "The stronger always wins."
"We evolved from Apes"... and all that darwinian crap.

I think their real intention with demanding human rights for apes is to show the people that we are not superior to anything. If you look at some slaughterhouses and the food industry, for instance. Ignorance and Violence against others starts right there, with animals.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Boy thanks for the laugh Mirth I really needed one.

I would agree if they could talk, read, write, add and subtract etc, but they can't Therefore they do not qualify for same rights as HUMANs.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Animal rights... what a tricky subject for a gaggle of slackjaws hellbent on trivial self-destruction.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You do know that corporations are deemed "persons" and enjoy rights that a "person" enjoys right?

If it's ok to grant an abstract concept like a corporation personhood why not for a sentient animal?

Kinda throws a monkey wrench into your whole argument don't it?

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Gools]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Whatever happened to animal rights? How about we worry about enforcing the rights for the animals instead fo just declaring them human.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry, animals are not persons. Be nice to them, but I'm a human, and no animal is above or equal to me.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I believe that if we do not say that only homo sapiens are persons, we are on the path where anything may be considered a person. Could we, for instance, consider venus fly traps people? I mean, they have pretty cunning survival strategies!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Animals are not human beings! I'm all for animal rights, I even donate to support it.

However, I do disagree with what's going on here. I believe that there should be put up some type of fun for these little guys to ensure their safety in the future. But trying to declare this animal as a "person" is just ridiculous. I do understand why they are doing it, I just think it's wrong and ridiculous.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
You do know that corporations are deemed "persons" and enjoy rights that a "person" enjoys right?

If it's ok to grant an abstract concept like a corporation personhood why not for a sentient animal?

Kinda throws a monkey wrench into your whole argument don't it?

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Gools]

This is prehaps the most valid arguement made yet. Corporations are legally people in the U.S. and I have to ask if the rest of the world treats corporations as people legally too? If so then any objection against apes being granted the same rights are moot. The precedent has been set, you do NOT have to be a homo sapien in order to get "human" rights.

Vas

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Corporations are organizations of people.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

I don't beleive I could have said it any better myself.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by Johnmike

I don't beleive I could have said it any better myself.

I don't believe they are. I believe corporations are imaginary entities that exist only on paper and in our minds.

Vas

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
I don't believe they are. I believe corporations are imaginary entities that exist only on paper and in our minds.

Vas

That's too bad, I guess.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Corporations are indeed legal persons, but are not held as accountable to ethical standards as people are. I think a better system of corporate oversight is perhaps THE most critical step in our social evolution. The can is opened, anyone for worms?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join