It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child snatched on holiday( new sightings and CCTV)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I know it's a long shot, and you would think that if this was the case then airport security and CCTV would have picked up something but.....

If this guys daughter, who he misses badly, bears a striking resemblance to Madeleine, would he have a passport with his little girls picture on it? Would it look like Madeleine?

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend.

Did he go straight to see his ex-wife and daughter? Did he travel alone?

Lots of questions, lots of possibilities.

Could just be a case of someone getting too involved for comfort. The British press are'nt going to forget the amount Ian Huntley was hanging around the Soham investigation. If this guys innocent and just over helpfull, then i feel sorry for him, however i'd rather investigate any possible leads rather than let them slip away.

I'm sure he'd understand that being someone who likes helping the police.

CX.

CX

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
He has just been released by the Portugese police, but it does state in in the Sky News report that he had apparently been under police surveillance for a week.

He has been advised by his mother not to return to his villa. I guess this is due to the high emotions surrounding this case.

A British man questioned in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been released by police in Portugal, Sky News has learnt.

Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "I've spoken to Robert Murat's mother. She says he was released some time over night.

"He is now staying with friends. She has advised him not to go back to their villa at Praia da Luz..

"She spoke to him by phone briefly and he is very upset. He believes the police are trying to find an Englishman to blame."

Source: British man released by Portugese police

CX.

CX

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This gets more and more bizzare every minute.

Breaking news on BBC News is that within the last few minutes the British man released yesterday by the Portugese police has had his status upgraded to "a suspect" in Madeleine's case, rather than the "witness" status that it was yesterday.

There has just been an explanation that this upgrade of status, whilst being officially recognised by the police, could have been requested by the British man himself, as it allows him more rights under the judicial system in Portugal.

CX.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
There has just been an explanation that this upgrade of status, whilst being officially recognised by the police, could have been requested by the British man himself, as it allows him more rights under the judicial system in Portugal.

CX.

That's what I just heard. And I think they first looked at him because a reporter told the police that the man with the glass eye was "acting funny".

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We were discussing case in team meeting this morning and it was the sad opinion of everyone that this case is looking more like a murder case

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
I started with a doubt about that, but it is true, when someone is considered a suspect he/she gets the possibility of not answering to the police (like we see in the movies when they say that they have the right to remain silent) and it can be asked by anyone who has been investigated, or automatically applied when someone is put under the obligation of not leaving the area of residence and present himself/herself periodically to the authorities, or under preventive arrest.

Originally posted by CX
And I think they first looked at him because a reporter told the police that the man with the glass eye was "acting funny".
No, when she told the police (and some sources say she told the British police and not Portuguese police) they were already investigating him because of a previous suspicion.

One Portuguese newspaper, "Diário de Notícias", says that the police is still searching some houses, in the Lagos, Vila do Bispo and Aljezur.

Vila do Bispo is the town nearest Sagres, where a Portuguese emigrant on holiday saw a man and a woman photographing children.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
When they say the police did not have enough evidence to charge this ex-pat, makes it seem they think its him, just cant quite prove it...?

Also is it just me, but the missing girls father seems odd to me, unlike the mother who looks distraught beyond words, the father seems more business like, saying he is sure she is being looked after????

Anyways, its a horrible situation, i feel so much for that little girl, i have one around her age too, and can only think how scared she must be.
Thing is unfortunately children go missing everyday, and none of those cases are highlighted.

I hope for her safe return.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yesterday, along with Robert Murat, two other people were interrogated by the police; they were Michaela Walczuch, a German woman that is a partner on Robert Murat's real estate company, Romigen, and her husband Luís António, who does not live with her, and some people say that Robert Murat is Michaela Walczuch's lover.

Today, a Russian named Sergei Malinka, a friend of Robert Murat and the responsible for Murat's real estate company website, was interviewed by the police. After that he went with the police to his apartment and the police left with two computers and some other things not disclosed by the police.

According to some sources, this Russian has a criminal record related to violent sexual crimes (whatever that may mean).

Today also, the The Madeleine Fund website was launched.

According to a Portuguese newspaper, "Jornal de Notícias", posters with the photo of Madeleine are being distributed in the Cannes Film Festival, telling (in French and English) people to phone to Crimestoppers in the UK if they have any information.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Russian has been arrested and taken away by police

Sky News: Madeleine: Russian Taken Away By Police

Police in Portugal have taken away a 22-year-old Russian acquaintance of a suspect in the Madeleine McCann abduction inquiry.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
more information can be found here including a revelation by the architect of murat's house that it was built with a hidden chamber underneath which he informed the police of when he realised it was the house he designed being searched in the investigation.

isnt it a sad world when the press arrive at the suspects house before the police do

CX

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
more information can be found here including a revelation by the architect of murat's house that it was built with a hidden chamber underneath which he informed the police of when he realised it was the house he designed being searched in the investigation.

It might be worth adding that the house was not built for the Murat family, so the "chamber" or less dramtically put, the cellar, was nothing to do with the suspect in this case.

Friends of Robert Murat say that the cellar is not even in use and has been tiled over since he has been there, so no-one could have accessed it anyway.

The more this case goes on, i have a worrying feeling that they are grabbing at thin air trying to pin something on this Robert Murat.

CX.

[edit on 17/5/07 by CX]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
The more this case goes on, i have a worrying feeling that they are grabbing at thin air trying to pin something on this Robert Murat.

I have to say that, not for the first time, the mass media in the UK has not covered itself in glory.

Without access to the level of information that they are used to having from the UK police, (or their hired help on the inside), they appear to be falling on every small piece of information and trying to fill as much air time/column inches as possible with little of serious worth. The treatment of Murat in particular has been abominable.

If all else fails and they have nothing left to discuss they have fallen back on the other option of sneering at the Portuguese police and criticising their every move in what sounds like some king of smug neo-colonial manner which has been pretty distasteful.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by timeless test]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
The Russian has been arrested and taken away by police
No, he wasn't.

He was taken to the police, from where he left at 2:40AM, but he was not detained, and apparently he is not even a suspect, at least for now.

Today there was a false alarm, someone thought they saw Madeleine on a gray van near Setubal, some 160 km north of Lagos, but the information given to the police was wrong, even the licence number of the van was wrong, and that made the police think, at first, that it was stolen because there is no such licence plate.

PS:
I have said previously that the Portuguese newspaper is as reliable as any other news source, but now, after some more days reading all the sources I can get, I think it still is a little too sensationalist when compared with the other Portuguese news sources.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
These 'sightings' are nothing more than a cruel diversionary tactic, used to build up the hopes of people, only to dash them as the days and nights of torment go wearliy on.

The grim reality, is that Maddy is now long gone, quite possibly far away from Europe.

I still don't get the feeling that she has been murdered as suggested in an earlier post, but I do get the sensation of deliberate misdirection, and little results.

It is said that a woman was found with Maddy, along with a man whose head is "...shaped like an egg" according to one observer, why haven't they released the cctv images of the incident, so that all of Europe can see them, just like Maddys image.
is like Why don't they try using a remote viewer, or a clairvoyant of repute?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Madeleine McCann: Now hunt reaches UK

Here's the latest on the search for Maddy...

"Portuguese police hunting for toddler Madeleine McCann are to ask British counterparts to help with searches in England, it has been claimed."

www.mailonsunday.co.uk...

[edit on 20/5/2007 by deaman88]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
These 'sightings' are nothing more than a cruel diversionary tactic, used to build up the hopes of people, only to dash them as the days and nights of torment go wearliy on.
That is the problem of employing the people as "police helpers", everyone sees anything that they think it's important, and there is no way of knowing if it's important or not unless all suspicions are investigated, and also nothing guarantees that the real Madeleine is really seen.

Why don't they try using a remote viewer, or a clairvoyant of repute?
Is there such person?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is a shamless thread bump as the girl in question is still missing

Her father is back in the UK today to thank people for helping so far and to try and drum up more awareness and support, so I think its kinda fitting it comes back into the limelight for a while.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The British police is asking anyone who were on Praia da Luz in the two weeks previous to Madeleine's disappearance to send any photos they have taken there and that include strangers on the backgound to a website from where the police will take them and use them with a special program that can analyse 1000 photos per hour to see if they find any know criminal that was in the area.

Source

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
www.findmadeleine.com/

Here you can see the efforts being made to bring Madeleine Home.

There was one minute of silence held today in the UK for little Maddy.

If you have some spare money, you can also make a contribution to help pay for things.

[edit on 21/5/2007 by deaman88]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
New news:

2 people are being questioned by police,

Im sure as the day goes on we may here a little more about who abnd where,

Both of these peope where witnesses before, and have talked to poilce in the early stages of this case,

news.sky.com...

[edit on 23-5-2007 by asala]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join