It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child snatched on holiday( new sightings and CCTV)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Im glad there is a thread on this subject. For someone who considers himself to be a rough arse ex soldier i can tell you i have shed a tear or two over this.

Ditto!

It's at night i think about this the most, when i check on the kids and they are sleeping soundly.

This might sound silly but i also feel bad that this case has moved me as much as it has, or should i say more than other cases.

Maybe it's because she reminds me of my two at that age, maybe it's true what ATS member "timeless test" said earlier in this thread, "Without wishing to sound unduly cynical it's amazing what a pair of big blue eyes and a pretty face can do for media coverage isn't it?

To some that probably sounds bad, but it's true.

Talking of big blue eyes, theres a new picture that has been released of Maddy showing the very identifiable eye defect that she has, a detail that could easily pick her out from any other little blonde haired girl.

Her pupil appears to run into the iris of her right eye....

Madeleine McCann's family believe a new picture of the missing four-year-old could play a vital role in the search for her.

The photo of the youngster shows clearly the her distinctive right eye, where the pupil runs into the blue-green iris.

It is this distinguishing mark that will identify Madeleine to those on the lookout for her, according to aunt and uncle John and Diane McCann.

Source: Maddy's right eye poster

I've never seen that in a persons eye before, hopefully it's that distinguishable that it might help if someone sees her, even if she's been disguised.

CX.

[edit on 12/5/07 by CX]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã says that the police has already the identity of the kidnappers and that it is only a question of hours to get them.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just bumping up this thread. i hope they find Madeleine alive i really do but it is not looking too good ....

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
According to the Portuguese newspaper "Correio da Manhã" the reason for the kidnapping was revenge. Apparently, something from the past of Madeleine's parents made someone think of kidnapping their child as the best way of getting revenge, and all was decided before they left the UK.

Source, in Portuguese.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am just wondering if these parents have took a lie detector test. It would not be the first time a parent has harmed their own child and screamed abduction. I’m just mad here at these parents. Makes no sense to me as to why they left their child alone like this.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Today on the radio I heard that the police think that this young girl might of actually woke up and left the appartment and went looking for her parents. Apparently there were no signs of a forced entry and sniffer dogs managed to follow her trail out of the complex and down as far as the local supermarket where the trail went cold.

CX

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm no expert on body language, but you only have to take one look at Madeleine's mum to see how much this has affected her, not typical of someone who had just done away with thier own daughter.

I think this is just a case of the McCann's being the one in a million statistic which occurs when you leave your kids unnattended.

I have opinions on that, as do many, however theres not a parent in the world who could say they are perfect in every way.

Only this week i have met parents who in one breath are saying they'd never leave thier child alone like that, then in the next breath they have sworn at thier kids and given them the sort of good hiding i tought went out of fashion years ago.

I think the McCann's are just very unlucky, loving parents who are now learning the hardest way by one mistake.

Lie detectors are'nt reliable anyway, i think someone in the state that those parents are in would do badly on one.

CX.

[edit on 14/5/07 by CX]

CX

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzrti
Today on the radio I heard that the police think that this young girl might of actually woke up and left the appartment and went looking for her parents. Apparently there were no signs of a forced entry and sniffer dogs managed to follow her trail out of the complex and down as far as the local supermarket where the trail went cold.

I heard this too yesterday, but then again i heard people in uproar because on top of everything else, the parents had apparently locked the kids in.

It's got to be one or the other, far too many speculations and numerous stories going around about the basics in this case.

CX.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Apparently, something from the past of Madeleine's parents made someone think of kidnapping their child as the best way of getting revenge,

Interesting, do you have a view on how reliable this paper is as a source ArMaP?

I have to say that I do have this horrible feeling that there is something more than a simple abduction involved in this, and I can never escape a nagging concern about "grieving" relatives who appear so keen to spend so much time on television.

I'm just as likely to be hopelessly wrong though, I mean, I didn't even get the colour of her eyes right. (They're green, not blue).

CX

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If it was a revenge attack, it could be something to do with the dad's profession, he's a cardiologist is'nt he? Maybe someone in the UK has lost a child indirectly during the hospital process?

Does anyone know what the mum does or did do for a living?

Even if this was a revenge attack, i still can't see the average parent being sick enough to snatch Madeleine, even if they had lost thier own.

CX.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The mother is also a doctor. Not sure of her precise job.

Revenge?, I don't know it seems a terribly complicated way to get revenge but there are some very strange people about out there.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well no matter what my feelings is on these parents. I will pray they find this little girl. I prey she is unharmed.

If these parents are innocent and just fell on stupidity, I hope they find their little girl, and well never, ever leave their children alone again.

My oldest child is 16 and my youngest is 11. I just now started to leave my 16 year old alone for no more than 2 hours. With his cell phone. I still haven’t left my 11 or 13 year old alone.

CX

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Well no matter what my feelings is on these parents. I will pray they find this little girl. I prey she is unharmed.

If these parents are innocent and just fell on stupidity, I hope they find their little girl, and well never, ever leave their children alone again.

Totaly agree there Shar. Somehow i think the McCann's learnt thier lesson in the most horrendous and unfortunate way the moment they found Maddy gone.

Many people have come in for a lot of flak for saying negative things about the parents leaving thier kids unattended, but i think that although it's not an ideal time to mention it, i bet you there are many parents that usualy do exactly what the McCann's did the other night, who are not doing it any more.

CX.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Interesting, do you have a view on how reliable this paper is as a source ArMaP?
I think it is as reliable as any other mainstream news source.

Some years ago it was a little more sensationalist, but now that it is the daily newspaper which sells the most it has taken a little different approach, being less sensationalist and a little more responsible.

I do not read that newspaper, I only say this based on the first page titles that I have seen in all this years and on what other people tell me.

About the parents' actions, they may be prosecuted because they left their children alone, putting them at risk, and that is a public crime in Portugal that does not need anyone to present charges, the state automatically prosecutes them.

Edited for spelling (I never remember when I should use a double consonant)

[edit on 14/5/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

Police Question British Man

The home of a British man is being searched by police looking for missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal on May 3.
The man, Robert Murat (pictured), has been taken to a police station.
His mother has told Sky News that he has not been arrested. She said no trace of Madeleine had been found at the villa.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

The home of a British man is being searched by police looking for missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal on May 3.
The man, Robert Murat (pictured), has been taken to a police station.
His mother has told Sky News that he has not been arrested. She said no trace of Madeleine had been found at the villa.

There is a british mans villa being searched right now. Its all go and live right now on the news,

news.sky.com...

[edit on 14-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Perhaps we are now seeing some of the logic behind the Portuguese police procedures which prevent them from giving out much information during an investigation.

The man being questioned and his mother who owns the villa have both been named and his behaviour has been described as suspicious by at least one journalist.

His life could get a little interesting in the next few days if he is released without charge..

Further to earlier comments a British policeman in the resort is currently talking on the BBC confirming the suggestion that the girl did leave the apartment herself and wander down to the shop where dogs lost her scent. He seems convinced that she is, or was, being held locally but is very carefully not making any comment about the man being questioned.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Murat was a regular sight crossing the police tape and approaching the McCanns' apartment following Madeleine's disappearance.

He said he was helping the McCanns as a translator. But journalists told police earlier this week that they had suspicions about him.

This is really getting me mad if this guy has something to do with this,

How dare he,

On May 4, the day after Madeleine's disappearance when media descended upon the area, Murat made himself known to journalists, chatting about the case but refusing to reveal what his role was initially.

He told people that he had a daughter the same age as Madeleine.

and more,

He was coming in and out of the family apartment speaking with the media and acting like he was somebody official. But when questioned about it, he was very vague about his position. He said he just volunteered to help the police with their investigation

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well i have been watching Sky News and BBC News 24 here in the UK and thw BBC News 24 channel are making comparisons with the Soham murders. As much as i would like and hope this unforunate girl will be found safe and well, i can't see a happy ending in this case
My thoughts are with Madeline at this time.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
People who know him seem to think that he really should not be being looked in to,

He was aware that he was was becoming a possible suspect,

And was reported saying that he was sad by this as it took focus of the search,

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join