It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child snatched on holiday( new sightings and CCTV)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To be fair to the parents, they were across the road and checked on them every 30 mins. I have a 3 year old girl and don't find it that disturbing, given the circumstances, that they should have left her like this.

This part of Portugal is considered very safe and everyone knows everyone. To pop across the road for some dinner with the kids sound asleep is not, in my opinion, something they should be ripped apart for.

It is no different than say, sitting in your garden with friends and a BBQ while the kids are asleep upstairs. (obviously, if you have a small garden, this analogy isn't good, but I have a big one
so it fits a bit better.)

They were only 30-40 yds from their apartment. You could run that in less than 5 seconds.

I mean, for heavens sake, they've lost their child and all people want to do is point fingers! Priorities people!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I mean, for heavens sake, they've lost their child and all people want to do is point fingers! Priorities people!

Got to agree 100% here, all parents make mistakes at some point or other, the priority is finding that poor little girl as soon as possible. This really is making my blood boil though, love to get my hands on the sick *SNIP* who do this sort of thing.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by sanctum]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
News conferences is now not being held, they say there's no new evidence to add so they are not saying anything yet,

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Before saying stupid parents etc, It might be wise to not say that before we know more about what exactly happened, Id hate to be the parent, and have people saying stupid parents etc, while im the one who is in real pain and fear for my child.

Anyway they may probably be very stupid parents, but you know just to be careful out of respect, until we know the exact details.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This part of Portugal is considered very safe and everyone knows everyone. To pop across the road for some dinner with the kids sound asleep is not, in my opinion, something they should be ripped apart for.

Yes any many kids in western countries go out by themselves in the neigherhood, while the parents are inside not keeping an eye, so its natural for a parent to leave the child if they feel that the child would be safe. Depending on age ofcourse.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Depending on age ofcourse.

The snatched girl is 3,

and there was twins who are 1 and a half,

I just hope they hurry up and get her,

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I just hope they hurry up and get her,

Yep and lets hope that nothing bad has happened to her.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Where were the other two children of the same age? There were 3 total, 2 girls and one boy.

The story made it sound as if all of these children were conceived with the help of a fertilization doctor.

I'm going to say that something is wrong with this story. Did hotel staff take the child, a complete stanger or an associate of the couple? Who would have known they were 40 yards away eating and they left their child alone in a hotel room? That's a seemingly small amount of time to bust into a hotel room and steal a child with no one noticing. And again, where were the other two children when this all happened?

[edit on 5-5-2007 by Spoodily]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Still waiting to hear more about this. Does anyone Portugal side have more info? I get a strong inclination to believe someone, as Flyer said did not like to see kids left on their own like that.

Just who could get access to the rooms like that and leave the other two kids?!?

Anybody with any idea to the staff structure of such resorts? Any healthcare professionals with master keys or something like that?

Well done Asala on bringing up this topic, let's pray she is found alive and well very soon.

p.s. any members in or around Evora?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen or heard anything new. The last thing I saw is that the police men that came from the UK are already there working with the Portuguese police.

Lets hope they find the girl safe and sound.

In most cases like this, it must have been someone who knew the parents, so he/she knew where they were and that they did not had the children with them.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think it’s pathetic for someone to do this.

These parents were very careless though. It’s not like their downstairs in their home while the children are upstairs sleeping.

They were almost a half of a football field away. 40 yards. That’s too far away to leave a 3 year old alone.

If nothing else these parents neglected their child. Still though I hope this child is safe and will be found soon.

It’s just sad that parents don’t think and put their kids first.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
According to this, an arrest has been made:

functionpix

Portugese Police have arrested a man in connection with the Maddie McCann child abduction incident in The Algarve in Portugal.

The arrest was made at 06:00am local time at an address only minutes away from where Maddie was taken.

It is not clear at this stage whether the little girl Madeleine McCann has been found but Police say they are confident that she will be returned safe and sound.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this is true, looks like it will have a happy ending.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I hope so.

Though, I'm still anger at the parents. But, I hope the little girl can be found safe and sound.

Thanks Dj for the update.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hmm not hearng about this arrest at all,

Now news conference so far for the last 24 hours and they say it will only happen when they have some ne info,

I cant bare to think what this little girl is going through as the days are going by,

you jsut want to snatch her out of that situation,

My own little niece would not go out and play yesterday as she said the stranger may get her, Its amazing what little ones pick up from just adults listing to the news,

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I haven't seen it anywhere else either. I don't know how accurate that site is.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I do no they where having a media black out, which at the moment really seems like the case as we are not hearing hardly anything,

I can only hope thats a good thing, maybe that info got leaked out,

Though im not sure as the parents atteneded church this morning and also are attending another service this afternoon,

A friend on the missing girls family has put up a reward of £100,000 for Madeleine's safe return.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Every parents worse nightmare, thats why I never let my kids out of sight when on holiday.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was just watching the Portuguese news, something I haven't done in a long time, just to see if there is anything new.

The police is still looking for a man for which they have a description from someone who saw him from behind, so a real identification is not possible at the time.

The police thinks that the person who kidnapped the girl is still in the area, not because he/she couldn't escape but because he/she didn't wanted to leave the area.

Let's hope everything ends in the best way for everyone involved, specially little Madeleine.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

To be fair to the parents, they were across the road and checked on them every 30 mins. I have a 3 year old girl and don't find it that disturbing, given the circumstances, that they should have left her like this.

I disagree. This would be no different than being at a neighbours house for a few hours while the child slept. I would never conceive of being
across a street, inside a another business while my toddler was sleeping. What if they rolled off the bed and got hurt?? Antyhing can happen ... and yest it could happen while you're there and you don't hear but you stand no chance of hearing something while sitting in a restaurant.

40 yards seems awful close ... I'm thinking maybe 40 yards from the door of restaurant to the door of the hotel??

I wonder if the parents are involved somehow?? Seems like a handy alibi to be at dinner during the time of an abduction. I don't have anywhere near enough info to be sure of this theory just a typical, paranoid hunch.

If it were me and my wife and the little tyke fell asleep, one of us would go get take out and we'd be eating at the hotel that night. There's just no way I could sit and enjoy dinner without being in earshot.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
JUST TO UPDATE:

Though not alot to update here whats new,

*They are expanding there search to 15 k now,

*Following a lead that a man was seen dragging a child through the marina,

*There believe the man could be british,

*There may be a news conference later,

Though i do notice the lack of public appeals? That could mean they no alot more than there saying, (Which i pray is a good thing)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join