It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child snatched on holiday( new sightings and CCTV)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
According to "Jornal de Notícias", the McCanns spent some time yesterday (2007-08-09) giving an interview to Sky News, BBC and ITM. The interview will have an embargo until 07:00 2007-08-10.

The Portuguese journalists that went to that private house where the McCanns gave the interview were not allowed to watch it, but they will be received tomorrow.

The same newspaper said today that the British police dogs that found the blood traces on the McCanns room found more traces, and apparently the police was trying to create a trajectory (I think this is not the best word, but is the only one I can think of now) of the person who left those blood traces.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Interviews have been broadcast this morning in the UK but I don't think there was anything very new included. Basically just saying that they're trying to do what's best for Madeleine etc.

One comment that was widely reported last night was that they won't be "bullied" out of Portugal and Murat's lawyer has reportedly told them to go away. It does sound as if they are losing public sympathy to some extent and they really have to start thinking about how much good they are doing by staying there.

Meanwhile, the UK media continues the love affair with GMTV calling some of the recent negative comments a "smear campaign" - some British journos do appear to have lost all sense of objectivity.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Change in investigations

Hi,

The kidnap cenario was abandoned and now they are searching for a dead body. The Portuguese Police is investigating a car with a bay seat from a rent a car that was retuned in May 6 (3 days after Maddie desapearing), according to Portugues TVI.

More references (in Portuguese):
. dn.sapo.pt...
. www.correiomanha.pt...
. www.correiomanha.pt...
. www.correiomanha.pt...
. ultimahora.publico.clix.pt...
. ultimahora.publico.clix.pt...

brotherthebig.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
always when i see photos of the mcanns they are on there own. they have 2 other children don't they? you would think if they had lost one under such terrible circumstances that they would keep the other two as close to their sides as possible.

who is looking after their children if they are not?

CX

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think i remember hearing that the other children are being looked after by childminders and relatives/friends some of the time whilst the McCann's are doing thier stuff.

I guess you don't want to be dragging toddlers around with you when you are dealing with business like this.

CX.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
McCann couple is not a suspect

Hi,

According to Portuguese Police on TVI (at lunch time), the investigation is mainly on the murder but the other scenarios are as well considered. The McCann couple is not a suspect and also was not in the past.

brotherthebig.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Its so sad that still there is no sign of this little girl, I keep looking back at this thread to keep updated, I just keep hoping for some new lead that goes somewhere,

I guess ill keep praying for her, wishing a safe return..

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
According to "The Times", the blood found on the bedroom was not Madeleine's.

Traces of blood discovered in the bedroom where Madeleine McCann was sleeping on the night that she disappeared do not come from the missing girl, The Times has learnt.
The conclusion that the blood came from a man follows two weeks of reports that the traces proved that Madeleine had been killed in the Algarve holiday apartment.

Detectives had already suspected that the blood came from a man who had injured himself while staying at the two-bedroom apartment after Madeleine disappeared. This explains why the blood was not discovered when Portuguese police examined the apartment in the first weeks of the investigation. The ground-floor apartment in the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz was cordoned off by police for five weeks after Madeleine’s disappearance before being handed back to its British owners.

Source

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Another lead gone,

The little girl spotted in Belguim thought to be Maddy has not been confirmed not to be her,

A DNA test was reported to have be taken and proved the little girl was not her,

news.sky.com...

But it is reported today that prosecutors have confirmed that, following a DNA test, the girl was not Madeleine, but Sjanneke, the four-year-old daughter of a Belgian man from the town of Hoogstraten.

Madeleine went missing on a family holiday to Portugal on May 3, since when there have been a number of possible sightings from Morocco to Argentina.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ok there seeems to be something happening, As renewed activity seems to be going on all around,

there saying there may be a major development within the next few days,

Many searchs are taken place at the moment,

fingers crossed,

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The mother and father of Little maddy have today been told to stay in Portugal as theres some goings on,

I have a big feeling they may be close to getting her, Fingers crossed, Lets just hope she is found alive,

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The latest ive read on the case is below , seems to be another twist in this investigation

Accidental death new focus of McCann case

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A Portuguese newspaper, Diário de Notícias, says that Madeleine's father is going to Edinburgh and returns this weekend, although the police has asked both parents not to leave the country because the investigation is in a delicate phase where the most probable explanation involves the death of Madeleine.

The same newspaper says that last Monday the police interviewed in her home, the apartment above the one from where Madeleine disappeared, a woman that had already testified that she had heard someone (maybe Madeleine) crying "daddy, daddy!" one or two nights before her disappearance.

They also say that one thing that most people found strange was the fact that the twins, that were sleeping in the same room as Madeleine, did not wake during all the time that they were in the room full of people searching for Madeleine, and they didn't wake-up either when they were taken to the apartment of one of the McCanns' friends.

Another newspaper, Correio da Manhã, says that the McCanns, in July, said that they wanted to try a radiesthesist that has an excellent record in finding dead bodies.

The police told them that they agreed but in that case the investigation would change from a search for a missing girl to the search of a dead body.

Only after the South-African radiesthesist made his tests did the police dogs that are trained to search for dead bodies were sent to the Algarve, and they marked the same area as the South-African radiesthesist as the probable area where the body could have been.

All this makes it a little strange that the McCanns still say that they are convinced that Madeleine is alive.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The mother of Madeleine McCann is being questioned by police this afternoon after a dramatic breakthrough in the hunt for the missing girl.

Kate McCann attended Portimao police station in the Algarve accompanied by her lawyer, Carlos Pinto de Abreu, who drove from Lisbon to be present. Her husband, Gerry, will be interviewed at the same place tomorrow.

• Claims that investigators found the DNA of a potential suspect in the room where Madeleine disappeared

• McCanns have applied to be 'assistants' in the case so they can have more information

• Portuguese newspaper reports the 'scent of a death' found on Cuddle Cat and Kate McCann's clothes

Link

It looks like there might be a breakthrough in the case finally. An interesting quote was made in the article. forensics are said to have found DNA in an area of the Praia da Luz flat where the individual should not have been

When they say individual, are they referring to the victim or the perpetrator? What area of a flat should they not have been in?

[edit on 6/9/07 by Yossarian]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Kate McCann is set to be declared a suspect today, After a night being questioned she has been made aware that she will become a suspect,

Friends of the family have said she is shocked at this, The father will be interviewed later today and his status may also change,

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Kate McCann is set to be declared a suspect today, After a night being questioned she has been made aware that she will become a suspect,

to be fair to her, she is to be named a suspect for legal reasons in that she cannot be asked certain questions if she has witness status, and also because a suspect has certain rights under the law whereas a witness doesn't.

its looking likely that they either have evidence implicating her or are trying to set her up as her friends are suggesting. the previous poster mentioned forensics are said to have found DNA in an area of the Praia da Luz flat where the individual should not have been which probably suggests a cupboard or somewhere abnormal like that.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Since day one something didn't sit right with this case, and as time went on
things just got worse regarding the parents, there behaviour, there demanding for more coverage on tv, and then all meetings with various people, they seemed to revel in all the attention and there constant belief in Madeleine being alive, which yes most parents would want to belief a missing child was still alive than to admit the child dead. In the UK the first person's to be suspects in this type of situation would be the parents which may seem awful but once cleared they can then concentrate on others.
every one ive spoken to regarding this case have all said the same thing that they believe the parents know something and ain't saying or that they believe the parents have there hand in the disappearance.

With the new evidence from the forensics here in the UK im hoping its going to help find the person/persons behind this case and bring them to justice.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
to be fair to her, she is to be named a suspect for legal reasons in that she cannot be asked certain questions if she has witness status, and also because a suspect has certain rights under the law whereas a witness doesn't.

All of the above is true but it now appears clear that there is also significant evidence that the story they they have been peddling for months does not fit the facts.

bbc.co.uk

So how about we stop worrying about how fair we are being to people who may well be legitimate suspects in a despicable crime and start instead:

1. being fair to the Portuguese authorities who have been disgracefully sneered at and ridiculed by the British press and public whilst they have calmly gone about their business of tracing the perpetrators of this crime.

2. take a hard look at the way in which the British media has fawned all over the McAnns and their associates whilst apparently losing any objectivity in their reporting when it was abundantly clear that any investigator worth a light would have identified the family as prime suspects from day one.

I take no pleasure in the the trauma suffered by any parent who loses a child and I will be happy to accept their innocence if that is ultimately shown to be the truth of the matter but if the story as recounted by the McAnns is the whole truth of what happened to their daughter I will eat my hat.

btw, none of the above is a rant at you justyc and I hope it doesn't read that way. It's just that I have been more and more appalled by the media coverage of this affair every day it has gone on. I believe that one or two breakfast TV journalists in particular are going to have to take a long hard look at their performance and the end of this mess.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

no worries timeless test. i was merely pointing out it is a legal move to declare her a suspect so they can follow a particular line of questioning.

as with everything in this case though, so many people are trying to take for or against sides whilst a few of of would rather wait till ALL the evidence is known and they are actually charged with a crime. until then, some of us like to still hold on to the principle of being innocent until PROVEN guilty (and not proven by the media).

now with this latest news it appears that there are also differing ways in which it is being reported - take this quote about the new evidence for example from the evening standard's thisislondon

The forensic breakthrough in the case follows exhaustive tests of material at British laboratories in Birmingham.

The tests centre on new DNA evidence that could have come from a number of sources.

They include the flat where Madeleine disappeared, cars used by the McCanns and their friends - as well as the flat and cars of Robert Murat, the first arguido in the case.

the problem is that there are leaks and half stories coming out everywhere either pointing a finger or defending their innocence. if they are guilty they will be charged. have a go at the media coverage - fine, have a go at them for the way they are handling themselves - fine also, but calling for them to be strung up for murdering their child at this point based on media coverage of the latest update .... well, why do we even bother having investigations and courts.

most children are murdered by their parents or someone close to the family apparently - therefore all parents and friends should be treated like murderers and strung up accordingly! that is some people's mentality sometimes and it is truly frightening!

i am reminded of an old advert from years ago for the independent newspaper. shot 1 has a skinhead running down a street. shot 2 has the skinhead running down the street and grabbing an old lady. shot 3 has the skinhead running down the street, grabbing and pushing an old lady out of the way of some collapsing scaffold or pallet or something above her. just wait untill the bigger, full picture emerges is all im trying to say

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
some of us like to still hold on to the principle of being innocent until PROVEN guilty

...and rightly so, of course.

but calling for them to be strung up for murdering their child at this point based on media coverage of the latest update .... well, why do we even bother having investigations and courts.

I agree again in every respect and I would never support stringing up anyway under any circumstances but we're here pondering what might have happened which is all very ghoulish and voyeuristic but an inevitable part of human nature - just like looking at car crashes.

edit to add
(Ahhhh... I have just read some of the responses on the other thread and understand your comment. Very distasteful).

I don't know what happened just like anyone else but I simply cannot believe that the the story they have recounted is the whole truth.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" ...much, much too much.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by timeless test]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join