It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child snatched on holiday( new sightings and CCTV)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just thought i would make this thread in the small case that it may help,

A little British girl was last night thought to have been snatched while on holiday in Portugal, her Mother and father where in the restaurant opposite the apartment when its believed the child may have been taken while sleeping in bed,

Her name is : Madeleine McCann

Madeleine McCann, who has a twin brother and sister, disappeared while her parents were eating in the hotel dining room 40 yards away.

Her parents, Gerry and Katie McCann, have released an official statement saying their main focus is now on "securing Madeleine's safe return".

news.sky.com...

I just hope they find this little girl,

[edit on 29-9-2007 by asala]

[edit on 21-1-2008 by asala]

[edit on 20-2-2008 by asala]

[edit on 5-7-2008 by asala]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by asala]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How horrible. God I hope that this has a happy ending.
Nice post. For what my opinion is worth, I think it's worthwhile to post these types of stories. It's almost like an ATS Amber Alert. We have lot's of members from all over the world. That means alot of eyes and ears.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This kind of news is really disgusting.

Whats more disgusting is that this kind of thing happens every day.

Every time I see these amber alerts, I feel sick to my stomache. The fact that a human being can be sick enough to steal a child, a CHILD, of all things, it makes me sick to think that I'm even part of the same species.

Child molsters, child theifs, child abusers, they all need to be removed from the race. No jail time, no rehabilitation, just eliminate them from the race as soon as possible. Bullet to the back of the head, eliminate the chance that they could do something like this again.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Asala- I don't know if it will help but we do have a member in Lisbon.brotherthebig.Maybe he could spread the word there.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Child molsters, child theifs, child abusers, they all need to be removed from the race. No jail time, no rehabilitation, just eliminate them from the race as soon as possible. Bullet to the back of the head, eliminate the chance that they could do something like this again.

I could not agree with you more. Those that do anything to a child are lower than pond scum. That poor family. The little girl, as well as the parents. What a nightmare.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No this doesn’t sound right. I think the parents sound very fishy to me.

What parent in their right mind would leave a child alone like this. I would of never, ever done this. (A) I would of took my child or children with me. (b) order in or (c )go through a drive thru. (d) order the food and one parent go and get it while another one stays with the children.

What rude careless parents these were. I hope if this child is truly missing they find her soon. However, it looks like their maybe another story here.

Every parent knows a child can wake up and the first thing they are going to do is look for mommy and daddy. So why would you want to leave your child and alone to possibly wake up and be scared.

Something is wrong here. I do pray however, that they find this missing girl.

If I’m being suspicious and the parents are innocent than I’m sorry. However, in my opinion no parent is innocent leaving their child alone.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What rude careless parents these were. I hope if this child is truly missing they find her soon. However, it looks like their maybe another story here.

I hate to think it.. But its hard not to,

I cant understand why in the world you would leave such young children even for 1 min in an holiday apartment in this day and age, There are so many reasons not to do this,
a) Strangers,
b) Terrorism,. I mean how many holiday bombs has there been,

Fires, gas leaks the list goes on and on, on the reasons not to leave your child across the road in an apartment,

These people are doctors! so i would have thought would have more brains,

They are still treating this as a missing persons rather than an abduction which i find a little odd also,

The parents have also given a press conference now.

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The horror. I have a four year old. I have to agree with Shar, you CANNOT leave them un attended in such a manner.

But, finding the little one should be the first priority here. The parents will have to face the legal concequences once they get thier little girl back. The guilt I would feel in this scenario would be far more punishment than the state could ever give me. The same should be true here assuming they are not sociopaths.

Asala, can you keep us updated?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Asala, can you keep us updated?

Yep sure will, Its a major story here at the sec,

Gosh i just really hope they find her and quick,

There has been a possible sighting of her last night,

Some man driving spotted a couple in a car with a child and said it seemed like they did not want to be seen when the headlights from his car shined in to there's,

again that could be nothing but who knows, there is talk going around that the police are following a possible lead,

Fingers crossed,

"Nothing had been touched in the apartment, no valuables taken, no passports. They think someone must have come in the window and gone out the door with her."

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They must hurry. As each hour passes the odds of getting her back get more and more remote *sigh* do you guys have Amber Alerts in the EU?

CX

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
do you guys have Amber Alerts in the EU?

No we don't, but should do though. Knowing our crap justice system though, it would probably be deemed unfair to paedos!

Left alone at 4 years old, and theres me worrying about whether or not i should leave my 8 and 9 year old for 2 minutes just to pop to the shops for a pint of milk! Still won't leave them in the house on thier own, it only takes one accident.

Hopefully they'll find this little girl safe and soon. There seems to have been much talk from the parents about the Portugese police not being too fussed at first, saying that the police were doing nothing at first. That seems to often be the case though when tourists get into difficulty in a foriegn country.

I can't imagine what the parents must be going through at the moment. I know i'd be freaking out by now.

Fingers crossed.

CX.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Just to update today so far,

* Police confirm that she has been abducted,

*Police say they have a possible suspect in mind, but wont revel details in case the person has her, They dont want to scare him/her in to harming her if they do have the child,

Police searching for Madeleine McCann, the three-year-old British girl missing in Portugal, say they believe she has been abducted.
Guilhermino Encarnacao, director of the judicial police in the Faro region, said detectives have a suspect in mind but refused to reveal any details for fear of endangering Madeleine's life

news.sky.com...

There may possible be a media black out at some point, to aid the safe return of this little girl,

They do think she is at this time still alive and possibley still in Portugal,.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Asala- I don't know if it will help but we do have a member in Lisbon.brotherthebig.Maybe he could spread the word there.

This case has been all over the news here in Portugal, it's the most important thing at the moment.

The police may have had a slow start, that is common here in Portugal, but the Portuguese police also has a high rate of successes, so lets hope everything will end in the best possible way for the child.

One of the things that is really creating some suspicions about the case is the fact that the parents left the girl alone with her brothers (a couple of two years old twins) when they had a creche service in the holiday resort.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK here is what I don't get.

1. Left child alone.
2. Child had a twin brother and a twin sister. and they where were they at?
3. Do hotel in Lisbon not have locks?

ALSO .. most hotels in tourist areas have babysitting services no??

It sounds to me, if it was not the parents, then someone who WORKS for the hotel would have been responsible for this.

Stupid, stupid parents.

And I agree with y'all up there, except the bullet in the back of the head bit. Why not between the eyes?

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Portuguese judiciary police (our invesigative branch of the police) will make a public anouncement at 20:00h (Portuguese time, 43 minutes after this post)

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We will keep our fingers crossed.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Been following this since it first happened. Absolutely sickens me, such a sweet looking kid as well, I just hope they find her soon and unharmed, people in this world are sick aren't they. I agree that anyone who harms or molests a child in anyway should be disposed of, but in a slow way in my opinion, put them through trauma like they suffered upon others. Fingers crossed this will end in a reunion for parents and child.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Still no more updates on this story. I was just checking the BBC, sure they have a suspect, but that was hours ago something should have been done by now. Anything like this involving a child really freaks me out.

WTF is up with the parents, I know they have been saying what a peaceful place it is, but still...

Good luck to the portuguese police.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
2. Child had a twin brother and a twin sister. and they where were they at?
3. Do hotel in Lisbon not have locks?

ALSO .. most hotels in tourist areas have babysitting services no??

2. As far as I know, nothing happened with the twins.

3. This was not in Lisbon, it was in a small village in the south of Portugal, and the door was locked.

That holiday resort has a creche and a babysitter service, but the parents did not thought it was needed because they were dinning just some 50 metres away.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hopefully the parents will get banged up for leaving a pair of 2 year olds and a 3 year old alone in the evening as this abduction is 100% their fault.

Hopefully she turns up safe and unharmed and this is just someone who didnt like seeing kids left alone rather than a paedo.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join