It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Right With God, Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Columbus, appreciate your post. I don't believe God is infinite. He is very well defined. We may view Him as infinite, but I believe in God's world, he has definition for everything. Like the 56th hair on your head, or something like that.
So tell me this. I go through life, working hard, playing hard, not really concerned with what happens after I die. When I was about 23, I had an OOBE and went through the tunnel to the light and saw my father and great-grandmother. But that didn't really change me much. I already believed in God, and the afterlife, and this was confirmation of that. But what kinda stuck with me, was how I was treated when I was there. Like I had a very significant purpose. I've always thought the tough times I faced, were God preparing me for battle or something. Then about 12 years later I have my first dream. The next was about 2 weeks later. The third, was the end of 2005, or about 6 yrs later than the 2nd dream. The very next day, I pick up a homeless man he said he was the only one truly connected to God, and he had a message for mankind. The reason I was chose to deliver this message, I don't know. During this time and since then, I've had vision after vision. Most are about the universe, and our existance and how we tie into God. I still don't understand it all, but I can say that earth is the only place God created to produce life. It's as if we (you and I) are atoms in a cell, that is growing into another being.
I mean, look into a microscope. All those cells are bumping into each other and taking over and melding and such. We are the same, in another dimension.
I once asked Bill, what happens if you die? He looked at me gravely and said, I am the last prophet. But Bill was human. He was not like Jesus, born of immaculate conception. Bill had a Mom, a Dad, and a life growing up. But he had walked with God for a long time. And he knew stuff, that just baffled me. He said he was chronilogically 22. I find 22 to be the number of revealing. 23 is a judgement number, for those into bible numerology.
So here I am, telling ya'll the end of the world is coming. Can I say for certain that I'm right. We'll find out I guess. If we're still around in 10 yrs, I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then, I'm told to put this out there.
Heck, even my own sister is an aethiest. I can't even mention God around her. I still love her very much, but she can't have kids, which upsets her very much. I think she blames God for this, and I don't mention that it could be because she had an abortion when she was younger, and this is probably the reason. She knows this, but chooses to be angry with God, or pretend that she believes he doesn't exist, although I know different.
So, it's time for believers to join together, not in church, but in the real world where it's needed, and try to save souls.
I understand hell and why it exists now. It's like extreme time out for kids who don't obey their father. It's Gods way of saying, if you don't behave, your going to get in trouble. Where do you think we as humans get this from? Almost every saying and practice we use can be traced back to the bible somehow. I find it odd that people choose to ignore this fact.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
I don't believe God is infinite.

This opens up an infinite number of cans of worms.

He is very well defined.

By whom? Where?

...he has definition for everything.

Defining is fundamental to communicating. Humans use language, definitions of words, to communicate. For things that simply are they say only that they are, nothing more.

Like the 56th hair on your head, or something like that.

If there is a hair on my head that someone says is #56, it tells me the hair is #56, nothing more.

When I was about 23, I had an OOBE and went through the tunnel to the light and saw my father and great-grandmother. But that didn't really change me much. I already believed in God, and the afterlife, and this was confirmation of that.

You need to learn to distinguish between internal consistency and external consistency, or simply consistency with reality, what normal people call truth.

Like I had a very significant purpose.

What a surprise.

I've always thought the tough times I faced, were God preparing me for battle or something.

The only battle is within. Know thyself.

The very next day, I pick up a homeless man he said he was the only one truly connected to God, and he had a message for mankind.

What a surprise. I have to beat these people off with a stick.

The reason I was chose to deliver this message, I don't know.

So, if you are homeless, where do you access the net?

Most are about the universe, and our existance and how we tie into God.

Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks...”Why am I here? What was I meant to be?"

He was not like Jesus, born of immaculate conception.

If you don't research the subject you are willfully ignorant. Jesus was a fictional character in a line of fictional virgin-(God-fathered)-births. Anyone who wanted to be King claimed God as his father to justify the Right of Kings.

In America, everyone is King.

So here I am, telling ya'll the end of the world is coming.

You mean you want the world to end, and at the same time expecting you and your kind to be spared. Hypocrite.

If we're still around in 10 yrs, I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then, I'm told to put this out there.

My Death Clock says we've got 22 years. It's revealing.

I think she blames God for this,...chooses to be angry with God, or pretend that she believes he doesn't exist, although I know different.

Impossible for an atheist, like blaming Professor Moriarty and believing it.

So, it's time for believers to join together, not in church, but in the real world where it's needed,

Churches are in the real world. People who live in the real world just don't go to churches, for what are to us obvious reasons. And if you insist on calling yourself a believer, why bother?

...and try to save souls.

Funny, you talk about destroying the physical real world, yet try to save souls that are supposedly in the spiritual realm where they would be unaffected by destruction.

I understand hell and why it exists now. It's like extreme time out for kids who don't obey their father.

It's pretty clear that Hell is made up to be punishment for disobedience (sin is not immorality), but who are you disobeying? These words were written by the hands of men.

Almost every saying and practice we use can be traced back to the bible somehow.

And the Bible can be traced back to even older writings that were not as bad. The Bible just isn't that old. Heard of Gilgamesh?

I find it odd that people choose to ignore this fact.

People ignore you because you haven't done research, due diligence, or made any effort to back up your claims with evidence.

<< 1  2   >>

join