It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You An Atheist, But Believe in Satan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well I'm the kind of guy who says "if it exists, I'd like to see it". Given that I've never seen god, I can't believe in that.

That being said, I respect everyone's beliefs (unless those beliefs are harmful or racist to others, and unless they start trying to convince me to believe) I don't go around telling NOBODY EVER to believe what I believe, everyone should believe what they want to, no one should go and try to pursuade them. That is bs, and not a good thing to do either. Everyone should believe in whatever they want to and have the freedom to do so.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The whole point of being Atheist was that they believe that there was no way that God or a God like Creature can or could exist.

Personally I say to Atheist:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

What's the worst that could happen if you believe in god, that you would go to heaven? Or is it more important to feel superior, as your being slow roasted for eternity?

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that athiests feel superior for not believing? We just don't believe in god, that's all. From what I can see of chatter on these threads, it's the Christians who feel superior.

Please don't project your own character flaws on others. It's not nice.

That is a global "you" by the way, not a personal one. No offense intended, just trying to clear up the confusion.

Edit to add last sentence

[edit on 4-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Or is it more important to feel superior,

Read through some of the threads, it sure aint the atheists that feel superior or that are trying to force their beliefs down others throats.

as your being slow roasted for eternity?

Now thats a superior comment, see the irony of your post right there. Probably not.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
GreatTech,

Assuming that you haven't got me on 'ignore', if you truely believe that God is the ultimate power over everything, then why do you bother to work in medical research?

Is God not the 'power and influence' of what you professionally seek to cure?

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 4/5/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What's the worst that could happen if you believe in god, that you would go to heaven? Or is it more important to feel superior, as your being slow roasted for eternity?

again with the threats of the hellfire. ATHEISM is about being realistic, noticing that you are nothing more than a pion in a world of pions, not a superior being. it's IRRATIONAL to believe in a god, there is absolutely nothing logical behind it and you really can't use browbeating tactics to make me believe so.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I second madness and will go one further: the more we "athiest types" are told we'll burn in hell and are treated like inferior beings with no opinions worth listening to, the more we think this particular brand of Christian is full of something brown, warm and sticky. And it ain't maple syrup.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The whole point of being Atheist was that they believe that there was no way that God or a God like Creature can or could exist.

Personally I say to Atheist:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Royal76]

Believe in God, go to heaven, Which God yours, or others? Yours right?

Don't believe in God, go to hell. If this was the most important aspect for going to heaven, I'll pass.

If God does not think that a decent and virtuous person is worthy of it's attention just because that person did not believe or worship God, than God is a very shallow entity and is not worthy of my attention.

Why would a omnipotent, enlightened, virtues entity need an inferior creation/child to obey and worship it?

A truly enlightened entity, should not desire obedience or worship from anyone or anything at all.

In my opinion, a person who becomes decent, virtues and enlightened without the aid of religion is far more worthy of my respect than a person who does so only with the aid of their religion.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
VladTheImpaler, I find your replies to my threads frequently funny because they are so critical of me. Have you considered being a comedian? I will admit I am dense at times but not always.
Absolutely bugger all to do with the thread ( as usual Greatteachs posts begger belief, Atheists believing in satan????? :bnghd: some people just dont understand the word?????) but just happened to notice that - Yes Greattech you are DENSE because Vlad hasn't even posted on this thread. And you wonder why people fail to take you seriously.

Is god making you do funny things????

G

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To the folks who don't believe in God. It's not that we WANT to try to get you folks to believe, it's a fundamental part of believing in God and therefore, the bible. The bible tells us to tell others about the bible. So no need to be offended or offensive. Your courage in your conviction is admirable, that's why we want you on our team so bad.:>]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
stompk, we don't have conviction, we have logical thought. we aren't set in our ways, we just see know logical reason to start believing.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
To the folks who don't believe in God. It's not that we WANT to try to get you folks to believe, it's a fundamental part of believing in God and therefore, the bible. The bible tells us to tell others about the bible. So no need to be offended or offensive. Your courage in your conviction is admirable, that's why we want you on our team so bad.:>]
There is a difference in telling us about your god and demanding that you are right and that we have to believe in your god. And what god would that be? Since every religionite has their own view of god ( invents their own view), projects their own image of what they think god should be, I would have to believe in billions of gods or invent my own.

But I dont believe in invented beings, I have no need for invisible friends, so I really am not interested in being converted to believe in someone elses imaginary friend.

Would you believe in mine????

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join