It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You An Atheist, But Believe in Satan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I only ask this question because many atheists post in this forum. If so, do you believe that if there is a Creator, He is more Satan-like than God-like? If not, who is the most powerful Being today in the Universe and the most powerful Being in the history of the Universe?

Hopes and Prayers!!!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
atheists don't believe in A N Y supernatural beings, therefore atheists do not believe in god, satan, angels, demons, etc.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
GreatTech,

I think that answers the first part of your question.

The answer, from an atheistic viewpoint, to the second part, would have to be 'I don't know' because I don't believe any human being knows either the extent or the complete history of the universe. So any other answer would be mere speculation. I note from scentific journals that an earth sized planet possibly capable of sustaining water has just been discovered a mere(!) 20 light-years away - who knows what, or who, lies beyond.

I think we have established from other threads that athiests do not believe in a Creator, call it him/her/God whatever you like.

The Winged Wombat

Just an off-subject question.... is there any reason or convention as to why you capitalized the first letters of 'being' and 'universe'? Just wondering.

[edit on 3/5/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
atheists don't believe in A N Y supernatural beings, therefore atheists do not believe in god, satan, angels, demons, etc.

madnessinmysoul, I do not believe that all atheists share the same beliefs, just as I do not believe that all theists share the same beliefs. Couldn't Satanism be one of the forms of atheism (although definitely not shared by all atheists)?

What about the most powerful beings question?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
GreatTech,

If I may, a person that believes in a creator being cannot be described within the definition of atheist, but may be included in the definition of an agnostic.

Therefore any person who does believe in a creator being and describes themselves as an atheist is misrepresenting themselves.

I would say that to worship Satan (ie:- Satanism), one would have to acknowledge the existance of God. So for an athiest to also be a Satanist would be for them to worship something that they don't believe exists.

The Winged Wombat

[edit on 3/5/07 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I only ask this question because many atheists post in this forum.

I would stop posting in this forum if you stopped bashing atheists.

I post because i'm allowed to defend my beliefs from your continual attacks, just as you are able to defend your beliefs from others.
Get over it GreatTech, we are not the boogie man and if you stopped accusing us of being such you wouldnt have to worry about us posting in your threads.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, I do not believe that all atheists share the same beliefs, just as I do not believe that all theists share the same beliefs. Couldn't Satanism be one of the forms of atheism (although definitely not shared by all atheists)?

well... it depends on what form of satanism. there is the purely philosophical satanism of putting yourself above all else and self-worship that involves nothing supernatural and then there are the supernatural forms of satanism.

but if it acknowledges the SUPERNATURAL it isn't atheism.

What about the most powerful beings question?

what most powerful beings? at the moment i'd say the most powerful beings known to humanity are humans or any other natural sentients that humans may have come into contact with (i have to add that part being on ats and all).

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
I would stop posting in this forum if you stopped bashing atheists.

mojo4sale, who bashes who? I never intentionally bash anybody. Why do atheists heavily post in a forum called Faith, Spirituality & Theology if their intention is not to bash? A couple weeks ago, I made a suggestion to management that a new forum titled "Atheism" be created. Can you do the same?

Blessings.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Why do atheists heavily post in a forum called Faith, Spirituality & Theology if their intention is not to bash?

Well i posted in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum because you started a thread called "why are atheists atheists", who did you think would answer your question, Bavarian Beaver Cult followers?

And that has not been the first thread that you have attempted to portray atheists as more prone to evil acts, less intelligent etc. I have a right to defend my beliefs. If you dont want atheists posting in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum then stop attacking our beliefs i will then stay well away.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Well i posted in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum because you started a thread called "why are atheists atheists", who did you think would answer your question, Bavarian Beaver Cult followers?

And that has not been the first thread that you have attempted to portray atheists as more prone to evil acts, less intelligent etc. I have a right to defend my beliefs. If you dont want atheists posting in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum then stop attacking our beliefs i will then stay well away.

Thanks.

mojo4sale, what are your beliefs? Can you play a part in getting a forum called "Atheism" started?

Blessings.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What is wrong with athiesm being discussed in the faith forum? It's the yin to faith's yang. (or vice versa)

If the athiest threads offend thee, then don't read them, is my advice. I don't read the ones that are clearly going to make me roll my eyes and go "whatever" and everyone else has the same freedom.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

mojo4sale, what are your beliefs?

I dont believe in God, i think there may have been a Jesus Christ, but i dont think he was the son of God, i believe that good people are good no matter what their beliefs are, i believe in trying to do the right thing to the best of my ability, i believe that the human race can and will have a great future, i believe that the sun will come up tomorrow and the birds will sing and that it has nothing to do with whether or not i or anyone else believes in God or Satan or Buddha or Dancing Bananas.

Can you play a part in getting a forum called "Atheism" started?

Blessings.

No. Why would i, i dont need to espouse my views to others but i will defend them when they are attacked.

Cheers.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I only ask this question because many atheists post in this forum. If so, do you believe that if there is a Creator, He is more Satan-like than God-like? If not, who is the most powerful Being today in the Universe and the most powerful Being in the history of the Universe?

GreatTech your original question makes no sense.
I cant speak for anyone else but I don't believe that any kind of a higher power exists including Satan. Since so much of the Universe is unexplored it is uncertain if humans have the most influence over there environment.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by xpert11]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

GreatTech your original question makes no sense.
I cant speak for anyone else but I don't believe that any kind of a higher power exists including Satan. Since so much of the Universe is unexplored it is uncertain if humans have the most influence over there environment.

xpert11, how do you define power? Apparently, you define power only in scientific terms since you are an atheist. Do you believe that certain elements of the Universe, such as the sun and earth, have more scientific power than humans? If you do, you must believe in a higher power, albeit scientific power.

What if it were a Being that created the mass scientific power of the Universe?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a "scientific power" in the higher power sense, so your question is pretty much unanswerable. Science and faith don't have common terminology or even common beliefs in many instances.

Can't you just accept that some of us don't believe in the Guy in the Sky?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
GreatTech I don't view the Earth or the Sun as higher power . Although it is true that we couldn't survive without the Sun it isnt the sole giver of life so in that sense neither the Earth or the Sun or any other scientific objected can be viewed as higher power. But that just my opinion.

The problem with the concept of a higher being creating the Universe is that the higher being has to come from somewhere. The concept of a higher power is used to explain the unexplainable and gives some people comfort.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by xpert11]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yep...I'm atheist and I think you're Satan, no offence

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Laiguana no offence taken taken I had a bit of a chuckle .
Laiguana is proof that aside from not believing in an higher power Athiests don't share other beliefs or backgrounds.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Hopes and Prayers!!!

You're telling me you were once an Atheist? HAHA, GOOD ONE BUDDIE! You were just caught in a major lie.

Of course Atheists don’t believe in Satan or any Satan-like beings (whatever that implies), are you really this dense or just pretending? Do you even understand the term Atheist?

For your question of who is the most powerful being today in the Universe and most powerful being in the history of the Universe? [expletive] if I know. That’s my answer. Why are you so horny for ultimate supreme and powerful beings? Does this notion give you an erection?

Always detesting you,
Vlad

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
VladTheImpaler, I find your replies to my threads frequently funny because they are so critical of me. Have you considered being a comedian? I will admit I am dense at times but not always.

Why am I interested in "power and influence"? It is because "power and influence" causes everything to happen. I work in medical research (basically specializing in carcinogenesis and arteriosclerosis) so cause ("power and influence") is essential to my work.

Maybe I can be a small contributor to saving your life some day. Pray for me as I pray for you.

Blessings, and may you live a long life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join