It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico arrests 5 Americans for bounty hunting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just a side note, bounty hunters are typically hired by a bail bondsman who stands to lose the full amount of bail put up if the accused doesn't show up for court.

I'm not sure if it is legal for a private individual to hire a bounty hunter. You may be stepping into the area of illegal detainment or kidnapping.

Aren't 'Private Investigtors' an alternative to bounty hunters,
a PI, would ideally 'find' the fugitive & report that persons actions, location to his client, who would then use Mexican legal channels to ultimately arrest the person who 'allegedly' did the crime.

there are more options than just
... private investigator - bounty hunter - mercenary/vigilante...
which you seem to be saying

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
St Udio

I was referring to the member who said that he would not hire a bounty hunter because he considers them to be criminals. I questioned the legality of that.

As you mentioned, a PI is an alternative for locating the fugitive. But they have no arrest powers. And you still must rely on the co-operation of the Mexican authorities to assist you, which is not a sure thing. They are very corrupt, and if your fugitive has enough cash, chances are you'll never see him again.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yes they were wrong for going after skips in foreign country. yes we have an extraditition treaty with mexico. does it work no. criminals have been hauling ass for mexican border for hundreds of years to escape prison and the hangmans noose why? because the goverment and law enforcement is known to be very corrupt. that is one reason their citizens cross our borders illegally. crimunals no if they got money they can bribe someone in goverment for protection from us .

<< 1  2   >>

join