It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico arrests 5 Americans for bounty hunting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why in Mexico? Lets just say that sometimes the legal authorites down South are less than expedient in turning over criminals that flee there.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
besides the prize money why would americans be hunting for mexicans?

In the past, Mexico had a policy whereby it would not extradite prisoners that would face capital punishment for their crimes. I think that policy is still in effect. So, the only way to bring some criminals to justice would be to snatch them and bring them back.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dog Chapman went to Mexico to aprehend a convicted rapist that was being sheltered there. No he is on trial :shk:

'Dog' Chapman Ordered to Stand Trial in Mexico

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by racerzeke
Screw mexico, I hope someone does something illegal over there & then comes to the USA and then we arrest their bounty hunters... Oh wait all they do is come over to the USA ILLEGALLY

So I take it you want the US to enforce our existing illegal immigration laws more strictly.

So you are upset with the US for not enforcing our existing laws, and upset with Mexico enforcing their laws?

A bit of a double standard eh?

Not really, because there are not thousands bounty hunters crossing the mexican border daily.... And the bounty hunters are doing good for both countries, where as MOST illegal mexicans are doing no good for either side

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They should no better, they know it is illegal there, they should expect
that they will be arrested for it.

I applaud Mexico for doing something right with there legal system.

I approve of the not extraditing them if they are going to face capital
punishment as well.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Okay whatever let mexico be a home for rapists, murderers, and all the other criminals

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Oh yea, and we can trust the mexican police to turn over people who skip the border.... RIGHT!

Actually, recently a New Mexico cop killer who fled to Mexico was turned over to US authorities by Mexican police.

“Michael Paul Astorga, one of the FBI’s “Ten Most-Wanted” fugitives, whose crime was featured recently on the ‘Americas Most Wanted’ television program, is now off the streets and in custody in Mexico thanks to the cooperation of law enforcement officers in our two countries.

We extend our appreciation to Mexico’s state and federal law enforcement authorities, who used information provided by their American counterparts to apprehend this vicious fugitive. Once again, the efficient exchange of information among our law enforcement officials has resulted in the rapid apprehension of a fugitive, and demonstrated that our border cannot be used to flee justice.”

mexico.usembassy.gov...

[edit on 2007/5/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If we put up a nice big long wall with controlled entry points and national guard patrols, we could solve a few problems here. No more criminals able to flee the US into Mexico, and thus, no more need for bounty hunters to illegally enter that country, and no more illegals coming into ours.

Thus, proper law and order could be enforced on both sides, and everyone is happy.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Not really, because there are not thousands bounty hunters crossing the mexican border daily.... And the bounty hunters are doing good for both countries, where as MOST illegal mexicans are doing no good for either side

Justification. OK for one way illegality but the other is an abomination?

Next, or distance yourself:

Okay whatever let mexico be a home for rapists, murderers, and all the other criminals

Like Mexico is the only home of crimes of this manner.

Yet again, and thanks Grady(a voice of reason):

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Oh yea, and we can trust the mexican police to turn over people who skip the border.... RIGHT!

Actually, recently a New Mexico cop killer who fled to Mexico was turned over to US authorities by Mexican police.

*Source cut for brevity*

So what I'm basically seeing is that, to some, it's OK to break the law of another country but god damn man, we don't want "people(mexicans)" breaking OUR laws. Pfft, whatever.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Thus, proper law and order could be enforced on both sides, and everyone is happy.

Not likely Skadi, this seems like a 1 way issue to me. If America's happy, everyone's happy. This is a damn good thread imo. It pointed out the ignorance inherit in the system here. Seems like few care about the Mexican's laws. They ARE a sovereign nation.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought you could be a bounty hunter and have a past criminal record? I'm not sure but isn't dog the bounty hunter a former convict, and I'm not talking about his mexico thing.

Personally I understand why there are things like bounty hunters around I understand the purpose they fill but, I still think they are almost as crummy an individuel as the criminal they are hunting down. Frequently bounty hunters screw up break into the wrong motel room and tazer the wrong guy, only to get arrested themselves for assult and battery.

Most bounty hunters in my opinion are like meter maids and debt collectors....IE too stupid or perhaps too big of a loser to get a real job and an actual career. Come on guys there are better ways to make money other than being dispicable.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We could also look at the contempt that Mexico has for our laws. They hand out brochures to those who would cross our borders illegally.

How To Be An Illegal

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
We could also look at the contempt that Mexico has for our laws. They hand out brochures to those who would cross our borders illegally.

How To Be An Illegal

Worldnetdaily J? Google can be a dangerous thing. Be it how you will though but if you think that Mexican's are breaking YOUR laws and it's OK to break theirs, that's not right. Reciprocity my friend.

The 2 way street can REALLY hurt if you have the balls to examine it.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Worldnetdaily J? Google can be a dangerous thing. Be it how you will though but if you think that Mexican's are breaking YOUR laws and it's OK to break theirs, that's not right. Reciprocity my friend.

The same article was posted on other sources, but I wanted to see who would rise to the art of challenging the source.

Well, it doesn't hurt me, because I don't get any particular glee from attacking the USA or any other country. Now, if I took every opportunity to degrade a particular country, then I might exhibit some anxiety if someone took me up on it.

Nope, no angst here.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The same article was posted on other sources, but I wanted to see who would rise to the art of challenging the source.

So your point is sh!t games? Do YOU want to discuss this or just play?

Well, it doesn't hurt me, because I don't get any particular glee from attacking the USA or any other country. Now, if I took every opportunity to degrade a particular country, then I might exhibit some anxiety if someone took me up on it.

Nope, no angst here.

REALLY? I'll take that as a concession.

I think I got the BB code right. That would be a first.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've actually seen the how to be an illegal in a newspaper before, so I believe it is real

Quick question: If someone you loved was killed by someone & they fled to mexico, what would you want to happen? How would you like this guy captured? Would you want a bounty hunter who will probably find the guy, or would you wait for mexico to get lucky once in a while and find your guy "eventually"?

www.diggersrealm.com...

[edit on 4-5-2007 by racerzeke]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Quick question: If someone you loved was killed by someone & they fled to Mexico, what would you want to happen? How would you like this guy captured? Would you want a bounty hunter who will probably find the guy, or would you wait for Mexico to get lucky once in a while and find your guy "eventually"?

Even though it's not technically directed at me, I feel like answering it.

I would want the proper procedures to be taken through the proper
channels.
I would want the individual capture with little if any harm done to them.
I would not hire a bounty hunter as they are nothing but criminals
themselves to me.
I would petition the proper channels to have him capture, and if I knew
they would get the death sentence if they were extradited back to the
U.S., I work to prevent that, but keep them in prison in Mexico.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So your point is sh!t games? Do YOU want to discuss this or just play?

Chill out. Take your attitude somewhere else; no one is looking for an argument with you.

Nope, no angst here.

REALLY? I'll take that as a concession.

Whatever.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
We should arrest 5 million illegals in response.

Our bounty hunters go to Mexico to arrest some truely bad people. If Mexico wants to interfer they should pay a price.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I would not hire a bounty hunter as they are nothing but criminals
themselves to me.

Just a side note, bounty hunters are typically hired by a bail bondsman who stands to lose the full amount of bail put up if the accused doesn't show up for court. Their activities are regulated on a state-by-state basis, and also vary from country to country.

I'm not sure if it is legal for a private individual to hire a bounty hunter. You may be stepping into the area of illegal detainment or kidnapping.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join