It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico arrests 5 Americans for bounty hunting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Officials: Suspects loaded two men into a pickup at gunpoint and tied their feet together. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. Police spotted the vehicle and arrested the men.

www.cnn.com...

Quick action by police. But why in the world would americans be bounty hunting in mexico, especially if its illegal???

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
Quick action by police. But why in the world would americans be bounty hunting in mexico, especially if its illegal???

For the reward Money. What else?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by whaaa]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
what reward money?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A bounty is a reward put on someone's head, like in the old western movies.

Someone like Osama Bin Laden has a mulimillion dollar bounty on his head and if you capture him or provide information that leads to his capture, you'll receive the bounty award.

Bounty hunters hunt down and capture people who have a bounty on their head professionaly, with the soul purpouse of earning a living from the bounties.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Do you even know a "bounty" is?

en.wikipedia.org...

Google is a wonderful source of information.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Many criminals skip the border into Mexico, thinking they will be safe and immune from prosecution. Dog the Bounty Hunter recently got into trouble for snatching someone out of Mexico.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Screw mexico, I hope someone does something illegal over there & then comes to the USA and then we arrest their bounty hunters... Oh wait all they do is come over to the USA ILLEGALLY

I think Mexico just wants to get back at the US for whatever reason

Dog got in a bunch of trouble because he caught that rapist or whatever Andrew Luster in Mexico... Which is a good thing because he probably could of snatched a few mexican children too... But no Mexico had to be all dumb & screw dog over for the money and just waste his time

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Good, I'm glad to see that the Mexican judicial system is working somewhat.

They knowingly broke a law, they deserve to be put in jail/prison for it.

I have no love for bounty hunters, they are nothing but glorified quasi-
criminals themselves.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh yea, and we can trust the mexican police to turn over people who skip the border.... RIGHT!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are proper diplomatic channels that the country that the suspect
committed the crimes in can take to have them extradited back to that
country, at the most extreme economic sanctions can be applied.

Breaking the law is breaking the law, and breaking further laws to go
after someone who broke the law is not justifiable.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
would you rather have a bunch of bounty hunters walking around or a bunch of murderers & rapists

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
would you rather have a bunch of bounty hunters walking around or a bunch of murderers & rapists

Well, if they had served there time, and were rehabilitates, the murderers
and rapists.

Otherwise neither.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok, I'm under the impression that maybe the OP thought bounties were a Mexican animal to be hunted???

(In my very best Elmer Fudd voice: "Shhhh....be verwy qwiet....I'm hunting for bounties! heh heh heh heh")

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
besides the prize money why would americans be hunting for mexicans?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Well, if they had served there time, and were rehabilitates, the murderers
and rapists.

Otherwise neither.

I sure hope you dont live around me. You would permit convicted Sex offenders and Killers in your yard before bounty hunters whom cant have either of the two convictions above to be in their line of work btw.
I do understand the loathing of a goon squad for hire perception as Im also not a big fan but cmon these guys are no worse than many actual law enforcement personal themselves. And Rapists and most killers repeat their crimes as its more part of their personality.

And on the original subject. Those who have been or are from Mexico know that Justice and laws and lack there of varies from city to city and area to area and is no real secret. Sadly Mexico is coerced by money and power and everyone from the The top on down can be bought or sold for the most part. There have been Many military aided drug incusions against the US over the years as well but hardly reported.
I say solve the whole problem annex Mexico as the 51 state. No more illigal immigration significantly save on the "war on drugs", much more secure southern borders and one hell of a happy Mexican civilian population that would have the rights that the Americans enjoy.
And a US civil population that can forget about the Mexican illegal immigration. Honestly it would be a win win for all. Mexico has a vast amount of resources that is largely untouched.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by VType]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Screw mexico, I hope someone does something illegal over there & then comes to the USA and then we arrest their bounty hunters... Oh wait all they do is come over to the USA ILLEGALLY

So I take it you want the US to enforce our existing illegal immigration laws more strictly.

So you are upset with the US for not enforcing our existing laws, and upset with Mexico enforcing their laws?

A bit of a double standard eh?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The bounty hunters are hunting for Americans that thought they could get away with a terrible crime and just run to Mexico. There is a reward for catching these criminals, which can be pretty big money so they take it upon themselves to hunt them down and bring them back to America.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Didn't you know that there's big money in hunting Mexicans? The prize money pays off double if you catch an entire family.

It's not as much money as hunting Canadians though, they're a wiley bunch, them Canucks.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Didn't you know that there's big money in hunting Mexicans? The prize money pays off double if you catch an entire family.

It's not as much money as hunting Canadians though, they're a wiley bunch, them Canucks.

prize money hey? how much money are we talking about here....

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

prize money hey? how much money are we talking about here....

It depends, both on the severity of the crime, and how much the person
who created the bounty is willing to put on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join