It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR Bill 1022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There have been topics about the government siezing weapons and so on, thus making America defenceless to tyrants and the gestapo. Well here is the bill:
www.govtrack.us...
BY: Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY]

It would in effect: ALL handguns that have a detachable clip that holds more than 10 rounds. ALL "Assault rifles" in short being: can have a bayonet lug and detachable clip. Shotguns with more than a 5 round clip, rifles with more than a 10 round clip.

Still in the House of Representatives as of February 13, 2007.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If this bill passes we are seriously boned, and I mean that whole heartedly. The government has been pushing its gestapo and police state then this pops up, they want it under the guise of "police protection" and thats utter bull. This bill was a hook off of another bill from the 2000's that banned assault weapons for 10 years. What they claimed was that it was "too short a term" to have, they needed one to last longer so the "bad guys" would "run out of ordance" to fight with. Yeah right. Drug runners buy from smugglers not gun dealerships. Criminals buy illegal weapons off the street, not from Bill's Reloading and Supply down the street.
Meanwhile people who support this bill will claim that people do not need them, should not have them, its too dangerous, etc. WRONG! The Swiss have guns in every home, yet they do not have crime problems. Why? They teach their people how to use them! I met a guy from Denmark who spent some time in Switzerland and he said every home had a machine gun, and they KNEW how to use it. Why? He said there is a mandatory draft, EVERYONE after leaving high school joins the military and learns how to fight. This goes back to WW2 when the Nazi's were too scared to attack the Swiss because the Swiss were HEAVILY armed and READY for war.
So for those who want our 2nd amendmant to stand: do whatever it is you can to stop the bill! Though I doubt we can do a whole lot about it anymore... However if they pass this the gulag camps are not far behind, oh and dont worry about gun consfication, they already tested it in New Orleans and it worked beautifully. Send in blackwater!
Bill passes: head for the hills, take your guns with you. I found that bill on accident to boot.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OOh I cant wait to see the NRA response to this.

If this bill passes, I am going to take serious action. I will try to bring a wave of protest the likes of which Mrs. McArthy has never seen before.

I am a proud member of the NRA and I will not stand idly by while some stupid bluey tries to ban my guns.

I stand my ground

Out of my cold, dead hands.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
From my cold dead hands...

I wonder sometimes how many people take this saying to heart. How many would actually give up their life before giving up their Constitutionally protected freedoms.

The saying would be more appropriatly put, from my charred remains...

I have sent out letters regarding H.R. 1022 already, and encourage anyone here to do the same. Do not wait untill it is too late and then whine about the Law. Do something now.

H.R. 1022 is by far the most oppressive peice of legislature put forth. It makes the previous "Assault Weapon Ban" seem petty. H.R. 1022 is not about targetting "Assault Rifles", it is about targeting rifles.

The looseness of its wording allows for some very disturbing interpretations. It bans all rifles based off of military arms, which means that even Bolt-action hunting rifles could become contraband, since the majority of them are based on old-world military rifles like Mausers.

Do not kid yourself for a second. This is not about making certain guns illegal, it is about making ALL guns illegal. What makes you think it will stop at your AK? Next it will be the "Deadly cop-killing scatterguns" that are plagueing our streets, and there goes all of the shotguns. Then it will be "Evil high-power sniper rifles" and there goes all of the single shot guns.

We as Americans are in for rough times ahead, and the most unforgivable crime I can fathom would be to willingly disarm yourself and forfiet any chance you have of protecting your family.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I will take it to heart: "From my cold dead hands" that is. I support restriction of guns to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS not the nutjob: KKK, neo-nazi, black seperatists, white seperatists, murderes, rapists, ANYONE who has a felony on their record, people who are mentally ill and others such as I have named. Those citizens who FOLLOW THE LAW should NOT have their guns restricted to a bloody revolver or a shotgun. If they want an AK-47: fine, if they want an AR-15 or M16: fine. They have done NOTHING WRONG!

The kicker is that it is not a "blue vs. red" deal but both sides, that is the worst part. So dont spit at blues alone, spit at the reds too while your at it. That is why I am an independent. Here is what you SHOULD be worried about though: should they pass this: what will happen next? As stated the gestapo is NOT far behind! So will you head for the hills with your guns and hide them? Or commit suicide or kamikazi by letting them bust down your door and shoot you while you try and shoot THEM? Unless you are VERY proficient and ready for them you will greased when they bust down your door in 10's and 20's with full autos and vests on. If your going to fight: fight smart. Take a chapter from what the founding fathers did: shoot from the trees not from an open field with a BRIGHT RED uniform, a feathered hat showing your the officer, and a BRIGHT WHITE sash accross your chest. This is how they WANT you to fight, so they can blow you away. So DO NOT play their game folks.

top topics

join