It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you only date the same race?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twix
.hell with that stick with your own race and the world will be a better place

No it won't.

Race is nothing anyway, it's just genetics, the white girl you might like could have totally different genetics to you, you may not realise because she appears white like you.

So what is white race to you? All europeans? Russians? Spanish? Italians? Do you even know what you want? Or are you just talking about local white folks that you have no idea where their origins are anyway.

Genetics is nothing, it just determines how one looks, some have bigger eyebrows, some have lighter skin, some have green eyes etc, it's nothing man,it's just like fashion variety is great, look at cats, even brothers and sisters have different colour fur etc, does it look like they care? They have more sense than you lol

If you like the girl that's all that's needed.

It's fine if your only attracted to white girls, but only going out with white girls because you a good old country folk is stupid.

So let's say the most beautiful girl in the world is spanish and she's naked in front of you, begging for you to come to bed with her, and your single no other girl likes you, but this is the most beautiful girl you have ever layed eyes on and she will do anything.

And then you say, "sorry I only date local white girls"

LOL it just don't make sense, I'm guessing your family has influence over your decision.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm english, scottish, portuguese and maori so I think I would find it pretty hard to stick to my own race

I like sexy accents like Irish, English, Russian and some American!! bring it on!

Race is not, and never will be an issue with me. I like tall guys with great butts and smokin abs!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its a proven fact that we are attracted to people whom remind us of our opposite sex parent.

They dont have to be dead on of course, but usually its pretty close.

Also, I have come to discover that the reason why people do not like their in laws or girl friends parents is because they differ from ours.

I think that race is not important but, the oedipus complex applies to everyone in some shape or form.

His destiny moves us only because it might have been ours –- because the oracle laid the same curse upon us before our birth as upon him. It is the fate of all of us, perhaps, to direct our first sexual impulse towards our mother and our first hatred and our first murderous wish against our father. Our dreams convince us that this is so.[

I believe that the "love" for your mother then evolves as you get older. Thats why you "instantly" feel "in love with someone" because they remind you of your mother/father (if you grew up without your mother then your mother/father figure)

Thats what I also to believe to be the main cause of heartbreak...the abondonment of your mother/father feeling, because one replaces their father and their mother with another person, and when that person leaves for what ever reason, it would be the same as a mother or father leaving you to fend for yourself.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

I do not believe this to be true, there was a thread about this study, and almost everyone disagreed with it.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

I've never met another half German/half Colombian in my life. So I have dated exclusively outside "my" race
. I go for the white boys though.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hey Sc... I dated a Colombian! His name was Guillermo. His dad was part of Chiquita Banana!!!
I'm part German too!!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All my relationships have been with people of white ethnic origin. That is not through selection but just probabilty - more whites in my area. No would be my answer. I am attracted to all races, It is the person who i fall in love with not there body or looks. Their personality and mind. I couldn't however date someone who is not open minded, i am to inquisitive and i would find them too boring and mainstream. Nothing else matters to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it has a lot to do with exposure to other races primarily. Parental influence may occur during teens or early adolescence that help shape the "preferences".

When I was a kid (in Canada) there were absolutely no black kids anywhere in my neighborhood or school, pretty much stayed that way all through school.

A lot of Italians, Greeks... the occasional Chinese or Japanese student or family in the area.

I dated a lot of Italian guys. Including my current who is Italian/First Nations.

My daughter however went to school with a HUGE multicultural cross section and I envy her for the experiences.

She is attracted to Chinese, Japanese, Black, Hispanic, Indian (not Native though), white, Greek, Italian....

She even speaks, reads, writes, traditional Mandarin (Taiwanese).

I encourage her to explore and be open to ALL people regardless of race.

I couldn't care less what "race" she dates, so long as they treat her respectfully and she's happy.

My experiences with other cultures didn't really come about until my late 20's and moved away from Calgary LMAO. Better late than never.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well as of yet I've yet to meet a Basque lady,so I tend to go for blondes with big boobs ,I think because I grew up in all white area is why,I think as far as the other races they tend to stick with their own,most Oriental women don't like guys with beards or moustaches,and I tend to have both or at least a stash,and the others just have different social patterns I guess,but hey I'm open to a good looking redhead anyday,yet the 3 I've tried didn't work out

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

I'm a white guy who is typically attracted to white gals. It's a case of taste, not principle or indoctrination, it's just what I like.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Man I don't know about any of these other guys but I just love women...period. I dont care if they are tan or lilly white or almond...whatever. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman regardless of what box she checks on her drivers license.

My only preference is I am mostly attracted to more curvaceous types of girls with the hips and the hourglass physique. I have always been a sucker for women who were shaped like the pinups of the 40's and 50's and women who knew how to accent their extras.

I like women who...when they walk by you in a room.. you stop talking and forget what the hell you were saying....lol...bada bing....and the last thing I worry about is what race they are.

Here's to beautiful women....God's finest creation

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't 'date'. I don't see the point. I am not where I want to be (location) so why bother? I still find the question interesting. Pale and olives-I suppose. Short or tall, I've blushed at them all.

This is so funny, I can't answer this question. I've tried and tried. It is perplexing. What race/s do I 'date'....hmmm. I don't know. Though I fell heavy for a spainish/german/italian--panimanian immigrant-once-this is not an indicator, for me, maybe for others.... only one of him.

I don't date-but if I did, I imagine the skin would be pale or olive, the religion would be jewish or athiest, the country would be canada, europe or russia, or an american from those places, as they carry the essence of those places.
As an attraction to a natural citizen is rare-but it hasn't not happened, which is a bit-because here is where I am.

Nominally I experience a mental gag reflux due to underlying culture cues-though they may 'look' nice. I've got to think of the bigger picture in other words.

I'll likely try again in my next life.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

I've actually never dated anyone of the same race. It's not a conscious decision and I've dated most other races and I just don't see the logic in only consciously dating people from one race if you have other preferences. I know people who do but those are mainly due to cultural/religious factors. I'm also from a diverse religious and cultural background but as long as the person I'm seeing respects my beliefs and my background then that's all I need. I do have a tendency to go for certain races more than others, but that's more due to personal preference.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

i only date white girls.......yeah u can call me racist ill probaly agree with u i dont care what other people think ill date who i want..as long as shes 100% white im jus a good ol country boy from the woods who dont belive in this b.s. bout whites and blacks datin ..hell with that stick with your own race and the world will be a better place

I'll simply call you free to make your own decisions and choices. To each their own. And while folks may bash you on it...the wonderful thing about freedom is the ability to make those choices for yourself....even if I disagree...

I'm a white guy, married to a lovely white gal, but race has never been an issue for me. I've been with white, asian, black, and even Turkish (and each have their own special qualities that can't be expounded on due to board decorum)... I simply adore attractive women, wherever they are found...and the attraction can be mind and/or body...

I think most tend towards dating their own simply because most tend to associate with those of their own race out of habit, shared interests and culture...not racist attitudes.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'm asian descendant, but look european and pacific islander from the way I dress.
Never dated a euro chick, had a lot of chances, but been locked on with my asian girls. I think personality really makes a difference in my books. Especially ones who I can relate to. I've been eyeing out this spanish looking chick in my gym.
Anyways I remember working at a bar and having all these pacific islander girls try to hit me up. I'm not into islander girls only because they remind me of one of high school friends.
I really don't care about colour. They can be every colour in a bag of skittles and it won't make a difference to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join