It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you only date the same race?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm a white guy who has dated, never married.

I've dated so far: White, black, Spanish, Asian, and an Amercian Indian.

But I've noticed that a lot of people will only date those of the same race. I was wondering if for people who have never dated outside their race if:

A. That's the way they were raised, and that's just the way they will be.

B. You just prefer them?

C. That's the only ones who have let you go out with them, only choice so far but you would consider it.

D. Its wrong, and we are all going to Hell.

E. They are worried that their children will come out mixed and made fun of?

What do you think? Feel free to post from all sides of the fence. I'm curious how other people feel about this.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm not shallow like that! I only date sexy, voluptuous females with jet black hair. Ok, so I am shallow like that, but don't women have thier preferences also?

As far as race goes for me. If she is sporting long jet black hair, I really don't care how dark her skin is.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have only ever dated the same race, not because I am racist, I just have a preference, and I also am very flipping picky. Possibly in the future I will change and date outside of my race, but when it comes to personality and looks, well that probably wont change, I have problems with change, just how I am.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I used to only date, "typical" white girls, for several reasons, general availability in my area, familiarity and because of how I was raised and what I saw. My immediate and extended family is comprised of all white couples... Recently however (for a couple of months now) I've been with this girl who is of mixed race (black and white). It's not a big deal for me personally, I never really had a problem with it is just that I also never went out of my way to break the norm (dating white girls). Now however on occasion I do get the "funny" (and I sue that term loosely) looks and comments from friends and family because I'm dating outside my race.

I generally find that for the most part it's wrong to automatically assume that someone who does not date outside of their race is a racist. It's not that simple and it does not tell the whole reasoning behind it.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Race? In my vocabulary, there is no such thing. For example, don't go around calling me white, call me Russia. I am Russian. You can call everyone white, but they are all from different cultures and backrounds, and I like to be celebrated for MY culture, and be at least a little bit different from everyone else.

There are Indians darker then blacks, and they arn't called blacks. Why call everyone white who is light skinned? Some are Americans, some British, some German, some Russian....etc etc, lets celebrate diversity and not try to put the entire world into a few major groups, that is BS.

As for dating, I don't date
but I get it on with any women of any country, religion, or whatever, as long as she is hot and has a good body. Of course, I do have fun with Russian women because I have a special connection with Russians, but I will do any women, so that's that!

Peace!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
To me anyway, it doesn't matter which race she is, just as long as I think she's cool

[edit on 4-5-2007 by MadSeason313]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
I have only ever dated the same race, not because I am racist, I just have a preference, and I also am very flipping picky. Possibly in the future I will change and date outside of my race, but when it comes to personality and looks, well that probably wont change, I have problems with change, just how I am.
So your a racist? But you don't date other races, what????

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
So your a racist? But you don't date other races, what????

no no no no, I am not a racist, sorry, I was pretty tired when I wrote that, reading back on it, it really doesnt make any coherent sense to what I was trying to say, maybe I will try and say what I was trying to say again later.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I would only date women of the same race as me, but I do prefer women of the same race. Saying that, there is a, as some might say, "coloured" gal I've noticed around and I would definately date her, she's well good looking!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
We are hardwired at birth to our "Search Patterns"?

or

Is it a subconscious way we think, Its the way we were raised?

or

Is it a target of opportunity?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm extremely picky. I have yet to find someone outside of my race, that will give me the time of day, attractive enough to date. I have no issues against it, I just never have. That's not to say that I won't, though. I just have very high standards and apparently the ladies outside of my race that I find attractive, dont reciprocate those feelings.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I, personally, don't have any problem with dating women of other races and have done so; for me it's all a matter of physical attraction and chemistry. How a person acts, thinks and behaves is just as important as their looks, maybe more so. I have a special attraction to asian women for some reason. If a woman is "reasonably" intelligent, has a good sense of humor and can listen to me talk for more than 30 seconds before becoming glassy-eyed and semi-catatonic, she's probably a keeper.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
When the lights are off we all look pretty much the same. Sleeping with people from different ethnic backrounds is one thing, and it is very much a good thing!

But, dating and being in a relationship with someone from a different culture is harder work than if you're seeing the typical girl next door.

Personally I believe I was never going to marry a girl from my own race/ethnicity/colour however you wish to put it, and yes in someways I feel it could be in the genes as my family backround has more nationalilites in it than you can shake a big stick at.

Unless you travel a lot or live in a big city you may never have the oppotunity to really get to know people from different ways of life and that is a little sad. I live in Hong Kong a real melting pot and really enjoy all the crazy people I know. Wherever people are from one thing is always the same... We all like to laugh.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76I was wondering if for people who have never dated outside their race if:

A. That's the way they were raised, and that's just the way they will be.

B. You just prefer them?

C. That's the only ones who have let you go out with them, only choice so far but you would consider it.

D. Its wrong, and we are all going to Hell.

E. They are worried that their children will come out mixed and made fun of?

I never could date outside my race. My first girlfriend was a tall, thin, blonde. My last three partners, were, Lebanese, black, and currently, Native American. So, I won't date outside my race, the human race.
My friends and family all had issues with my choices of partner, which covered all five questions you asked.
It is lucky for me I look for the person inside, and eyes are where I look for that.
It is impossible to draw lines between people, it is a blending of tones, and nowhere can you divide humanity apart into sections. Maybe at one time it was possible, but not now. Where would you put Tiger Woods? I am white, but I don't even consider that when I look for love. I found love, and she wasn't white.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is a good topic, but i don't think the answers will imply an racism, rather are very telling about individual preferences.

I am a caucasian male in my mid 20's...

For me personally I am attracted to White, Latina, Asian, even attractive persians and india women.

However, I don't find any black women attractive...not even mallotto(sp?)
Not even Halley Berry! I don't know why, I like black people and i'm not a racist...but i feel like a racist when an attractive black woman is hitting on me and I turn her down just because I'm not attracted to her. Maybe I am just affraid because of the saying, "Once you go black, You never go back"

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Man I love black women, some of them are VERY hot (think Beyonce, Ashanti, and Cassie, and others) and alot of them have very nice booties. Flat butts are a big turn off for me
and flat breasts too.

And black women are very nice to me, they like the cuddly Russian

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
And black women are very nice to me, they like the cuddly Russian

Yeah, but doesn't your AK-47 get in the way?

Just checking!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
lol, I keep my AK away, I act differently around men and ladies
around men I joke around more, talk about hella stuff, goof around, blabalbla, around women, I am quiter, nice, teasing, sexy, seductive, etc etc, likewise, with my male friends, we'd be going shooting, but not with women, we'd be gettin it on! No AK required for that

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have dated white & native american but never any other race. I lived in a mostly white community for most of my life until recently so there wasn't much choice other than white or native american.

I don't think I'd ever date any other race because I haven't found any personally attractive to date except one white/black person that I thought was hot but he had no interest in me.

I am not racist and cannot see myself as having the right to being racist as I do not know my own background and do not consider myself pure white. I see nothing wrong with interacial dating I just don't think it's of interest to me.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't think Not Dating Outside your race makes you a racist .

I know pletty of people who will not, like my sister. Her best friends in the world are like the united Nations, but she won't date anyone but a white guy. She eventually married a white guy and has 3 kids. She told me it wasn't fair to make your children suffer for your mistakes.

I personally think we all have that certain "type" that makes us do what ever it takes to get with them. I know we also will ingore those types to get with "Miss Rightnow", or "Mister" for you lady's.

Personally this gentleman prefers red heads, and asia's in school girl outfits(blue Catholic), well any female in a school girl outfit (that's at least 18) is all good. Plus raven haired women too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join