It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Industry of Death - Focus on Psychiatry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Disease is caused by the chemicals. You can lessen your chances of getting a disease by reducing the chemicals in your body. But if you DO get a disease, these same foods can be used medicinally to cure the disease.

Sorry, but there are innumerable diseases caused by other adverse stimulants. HIV, HPV, SARS, H5N1, Genital Warts, Hepatitis A through G, even cancer and many others have never been proven to be caused by chemicals. No one, including physicians, have pinpointed the direct cause of many diseases and anyone that tells you different is lying. I hate to be so blunt, but it's just not true.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A few nuggets of knowledge to chew on about the crappy way drugs are pushed on people. It makes me so upset that people are tricked in these ways just to make money.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Sorry, but there are innumerable diseases caused by other adverse stimulants. HIV, HPV, SARS, H5N1, Genital Warts, Hepatitis A through G, even cancer and many others have never been proven to be caused by chemicals. No one, including physicians, have pinpointed the direct cause of many diseases and anyone that tells you different is lying. I hate to be so blunt, but it's just not true.

Just because it hasn't been "proven" that these diseases are caused by chemicals doesn't mean that they are not. There is also no proof yet as to the total sum effect of all the chemicals that are in our bodies. No one has done that research although it is getting started.

It has been shown that eating a bag of doritos and drinking a diet pepsi causes neurological damage. It's the combination of MSG, aspartame and two food colorings.

And don't assume everyone else is lying just because the FDA does it on a regular basis. Some people have found the direct cause of diseases and you're choosing not to believe it.

In fact, labs routinely use a substance to create cancer in lab rats (sodium nitrate). It also happens to be the same substance added to practically every packaged meat product in the supermarket in order to make the product appear to be fresh when it's not.

So don't say that the direct cause of diseases can't be pinpointed. They know exactly how to create cancer and they know how to heal it. They're just not telling YOU.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
cancer can be caused by micronutirent deficiencies (see www.abovetopsecret.com... for more). i will focus on Vitamin D, partly because this thread is derailed anyways and partly because it's good example, which is even indirectly connected to mood 'disorders'. (via sunlight exposure)

first off, Vitamin D is synthesized by absorbing UV-B rays, which are invariably blocked by sun lotions, which are supposedly dangerous, yet somehow essential for our health. it typical of med-style new-speak that all bases are covered, damned if you do, damned if you don't but you knew all along so it's your fault.

two short paragraphs, which should raise a few eyebrows:

Source: www.sciencenews.org...

Our skin evolved to create vitamin D when it's exposed to the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays. So, when most of the world's population lived in or near equatorial regions, people had no shortfall of the nutrient, with their bodies making from 10,000 to 20,000 international units (IUs) of this vitamin each day

Although vitamin pills can provide much or all of the U.S. recommended daily intake (RDI) of D for children and adults—200 to 600 IU, depending on age—bone and mineral researchers have lately been recommending that people get much, much more (SN: 10/16/04, p. 248). In fact, some scientists have advised the federal government to boost the vitamin D RDI up to at least 1,000 IU and to bump up the certified-safe limit beyond the current 2,000 IU.

and that, my friends is still just one thenth of the natural amount. Vitamin D is of course fat soluble and can therefore be overdosed, which is why they still remain at 1/10 - this rule of thumb is based on toxicology, where everything is regarded as a toxin, the same rule is used in EM wave absorption guidelines, crank it up until something happens, then take 1/10 the amount and be done, roughly.

the approach has its place, i wish it was thoroughbly used on MSG, for example, or food dyes but all in all, producing results by 'mass production' will not increase the quality of data, obviously.

now back to 'mood disorders'

www.eurekalert.org...

Authors of a research letter in this week's issue of THE LANCET provide further evidence that the effect of sunlight on neurotransmitters in the brain plays a significant role in seasonal mood disorders.
The success of phototherapy (ultraviolet light therapy to stimulate brain neurotransmitter activity) and drugs that prevent the reuptake of the neurotransmitter serotonin have suggested that serotonin itself has a role in the development of seasonal depression. However, concentrations of serotonin and other neurotransmitters including dopamine and norepinephrine are normal in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with seasonal affective disorder.

so, what would do the trick more cheaply and with less risk? drugs or full spectrum lighting? who of you would pick the drug? honestly.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
sorry and truly no offense meant but the only thing i can say is IMO, it is borderline mental to think you can cure/prevent cancer by eating hot peppers....you really honestly believe that?

if so, i am rushing my stepfather over some habenro's right now..he has cml and is on all kinds of meds(mainly gleevac which hey is working...)...
but if he has been or starts to eat some peppers he will get better?

placebo....annestacey, how much money do you think you have been fleeced out of by buying these books and such?

if it worked, everyone would be doing it...dontcha think...i mean, 'we' are not supposed to know about this but hey, thanks to you and this forum, i do know about it. so do all the others in this thread and the probably millions of people that have been fleeced by this stuff.
it simply don't work...

but hey, if eating better reduced your anxiety , thats a great thing. far cry from curing cancer though.
i have suffered from horrible migraines my entire adult life. i just recently found my trigger....processed crap meats like hot dogs and such.
eat a dog and explode into a migraine.

i'm on lexapro and i'm not about to substitute it with st johns wart or garlic or ginko biloba. while i don't always agree and science is fallable, i go with science.
again, not to say natural things don't help.
MJ is natural and helps with apetite for example. but dude, if you get cancer, you're not going to have a fighting chance without 'modern' medicine.
i stand by that

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
sorry and truly no offense meant but the only thing i can say is IMO, it is borderline mental to think you can cure/prevent cancer by eating hot peppers....you really honestly believe that?

if so, i am rushing my stepfather over some habenro's right now..he has cml and is on all kinds of meds(mainly gleevac which hey is working...)...
but if he has been or starts to eat some peppers he will get better?

placebo....annestacey, how much money do you think you have been fleeced out of by buying these books and such?

if it worked, everyone would be doing it...dontcha think...i mean, 'we' are not supposed to know about this but hey, thanks to you and this forum, i do know about it. so do all the others in this thread and the probably millions of people that have been fleeced by this stuff.
it simply don't work...

but hey, if eating better reduced your anxiety , thats a great thing. far cry from curing cancer though.
i have suffered from horrible migraines my entire adult life. i just recently found my trigger....processed crap meats like hot dogs and such.
eat a dog and explode into a migraine.

i'm on lexapro and i'm not about to substitute it with st johns wart or garlic or ginko biloba. while i don't always agree and science is fallable, i go with science.
again, not to say natural things don't help.
MJ is natural and helps with apetite for example. but dude, if you get cancer, you're not going to have a fighting chance without 'modern' medicine.
i stand by that

The information I have given is free of charge on the NewsTarget website. They do not charge anyone for this information. People are being cured everyday with foods and herbs, you just don't hear about it because the FDA and pharma companies don't want you to know about it. They want you to be taking their medications. Doctors are being paid huge amounts of money to push dangerous drugs all the time.

For me personally, I will always choose natural cures over synthetic ones. All you have to do is read the articles. It's that simple. And if you choose not to believe it, then don't.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The information I have given is free of charge on the NewsTarget website. They do not charge anyone for this information. People are being cured everyday with foods and herbs, you just don't hear about it because the FDA and pharma companies don't want you to know about it.

First of all, NewsTarget is not a reliable source. They are a very biased site; in fact, any site that only promotes one side of any argument should not be considered a viable source of information. Just try to use a source like that in a professional paper and see what the result would be. I see nowhere that anyone has done peer reviewing of that particular source to back up any of the claims made on it. Most of the articles on Newstarget are written by the self proclaimed "Health Ranger" Mike Adams who appears to have no substance behind his claims. He never makes reference as to where he got his professional knowledge from in this field (i.e. what Degree he holds) other than the supposition that he used to weigh a bit more and got rid of the weight through the methods on his website. That alone should be a major factor in determining his reliability and credibility on health related subjects.

Secondly, about the statement that people are being cured with foods and herbs everyday...there is no evidence to back up this claim (from an un-biased source). Also, bear in mind that as I have pointed out previously, it may not entirely be about what herbs and food you are taking that get rid of an ailment, but rather what you are "getting rid of" in your diet that was causing you to have a certain ailment. For example: Let's say you are getting Migraines from processed meat such as Hotdogs as Boondock78 pointed out happens to him. Now, lets say you start on a diet to get rid of these migraines and the diet includes natural herbs, fruits and vegetables. Also, say you stop eating processed meats like Hotdogs at the same time you start this diet...

Was it the herbs, fruits, and vegetables that got rid of your migraines?

OR

Was it the lack of Hotdogs that got rid of your migraine?

I think most anyone would agree that to effectively reduce the risk of another migraine (in this case), getting rid of processed meats had more to do with a recent decline in the amount of migraines one would have; rather than a natural remedy (i.e. eating herbs, fruits, and veggies) curing the migraines. This example can be used over and over again to point out that their are certain triggers that people have grown accustomed to that set off their conditions whether it be a mental or physical one. So, you eliminate the behavior...in this case avoiding processed food...and you reduce the likelihood that a reoccurance will happen. It will have nothing to do with a change in diet.

Now, I am not saying that having a good diet will do nothing for you, but most medical problems that arise due to a poor diet are the direct consequence of what a person is eating. Thus if you are a big Pop drinker and notice a bone and joint problems you should be well advised to stop drinking Pop due the the Phosphoric acid that can lead to bone deterioration. If you decide to keep drinking Pop, but also decide to take herbal remedies to get rid of your bone condition you probably will not notice much of a difference because you have not eliminated the behavior that directly contributes to bone deterioration. Thus, certain symptoms can be aleviated by simply avoiding the contamination in your body...not by taking herbal supplements.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Jazzerman]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The information I have given is free of charge on the NewsTarget website. They do not charge anyone for this information. People are being cured everyday with foods and herbs, you just don't hear about it because the FDA and pharma companies don't want you to know about it. They want you to be taking their medications. Doctors are being paid huge amounts of money to push dangerous drugs all the time.

For me personally, I will always choose natural cures over synthetic ones. All you have to do is read the articles. It's that simple. And if you choose not to believe it, then don't.

well, you gave this info out here free but these people try to hawk this stuff all over the net, in books, and such. money for all thee fantastic cures. it is plain and simply not true..sho me one not biased source of info where hot peppers cured someone with cancer? lets see something besides that website and your opinion..
i mean if just one person was cured of cancer by eating peppers, don't you think it would spread like wildfire across the net? i think it would. i bet each and every one of us nows someone with cancer...the news would spread and nobody would have cancer.
you say people are being cured every day...well, do you have just one piece of proof of this that is perhaps backed up by a medical doctor or someone in the medical community or is it simply that secret?

i agree with you 100% that docs are paid to puch certain kinds of meds. if i gave you my story(i have degenerative disc disease) and all the hoops i have had to jump through and all the meds i have been on, it would blow your mind.

about a year ago i had bloodwork done as a routine and my liver funtion came back abnormal. they start thinking possible liver cancer so i go through all the motions and it turns out, it is/was the high amounts of acetomenophin in the vicodin i was taking....so, i stopped the vikes and on something else...the liver heals itself...soon as i get word, i'm going back on the vikes. simply put, these are the best medicines there are that we know at this time.
they all have side effects and a lot of them suck but that is why they are prescribed as needed by an expert.

nothing against you man but i have been dealing with DDD for 11 years. chronic migraines for more than 20 years. my step father has leukemia. my father in law has limb girdle muscular distrophy. aunt with breast cancer. dad has liver cancer.....i have done my share of looking into 'other treatments'...
fact is, at this time, you will not get better cancer treatment outside of seeing an oncologist. just the way it is.

nothing against you and if any of this works for you, great. i don't see how you can blame people for being skeptical....

edit* i wanted to say that this 'herbal remedy/supliment' stuff is huge business too. someone is making a fortune off that stuff.
you pay attention next time you walk down the pharmacy. they have huge aisles of this stuff and it is just as friggin expensive as prescripton meds.
shark cartlidge, this that...$10 here, $15 there....take 5 of these for this, 3 of those for that...
someone is banking.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ok what I have tried to do is to help other people find important information that is crucial to their health. I don't make it up, I just tell write about it and give links to the original sources (which are credible sources whether you want to believe it or not).

I know that the FDA will do whatever it takes to distract people from the truth and maybe that's what's happening here but you have succeeded in beating me down and I'm really just tired of the debate so consider yourselves the winner.

I'm just going to do what it takes to keep myself and my loved ones healthy. The rest of the world can do whatever they want.

Good luck.

Annestacey

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Anne...it's really not about who wins and who doesn't. I personally like to see both sides of the issue, no matter what the issue is. Don't let us naysayers keep you from posting, as your posts are just as valid as mine or anyone else's on this forum. I may not always agree with what someone posts or what sources they use, and I try to keep an objective opinion on most matters. However, I always appreciate someone who is passionate about their belief concerning an issue...whether it be medical or otherwise.

You may not believe it but I highly respect someone that keeps me on my toes and voices their opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Psychiatry is a legitimate branch of medical science.

It is perhaps the most difficult branch of medical science, because it involves illnesses that are not identifiable in the normal way, through chemical analyses.

However, if you have ever suffered from mental disorders or if you have lived with someone with mental disorders, then you know that they are real.

Psychiatry has been abused and it is being abused now.

The abuses should be stopped.

One of the most egregious of abuses is the wholesale medication of children for the sole benefit of their teachers and caregivers.

Having worked in Child Protective Services, I have seen first hand the effects of drugging children solely because they have been dragged from their homes, neighborhoods, and schools and have been institutionalized.

However, cosmetic surgeons abuse their professions, too, by implanting water and silicone bags into the chests of women who have self-image problems or whacking off the genitalia of men who are woefully confused about their gender and who think that a surgeon can turn them into women, but no one calls cosmetic surgery a pseudo-science.

By the way, the video does not load.

[edit on 2007/6/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i'm currently trying to locate the videos again, until i found it, all i can offer is a short version:

www.livevideo.com...

thanx for posting that the lonk is broken.

edit: the videos were relocated, apparently, see

www.livevideo.com...

they are now selling it on DVD , d'uh

[edit on 7.6.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Psychiatry is a legitimate branch of medical science.

It is perhaps the most difficult branch of medical science, because it involves illnesses that are not identifiable in the normal way, through chemical analyses.

However, if you have ever suffered from mental disorders or if you have lived with someone with mental disorders, then you know that they are real.

the existance of mental illness does not make psychiatry a science, much like the existance of disease does not make voodoo magic a science.

the statistics speak for themselves, imho. how many are currently on drugs? how many are institutionalized? how many of them are insured and how many are not? by extension, what are the odds of walking into a psyhiatrist's (or psychologist's, they are relying on the same paradigm) office without being diagnosed something which requires immediate attention and medication?

the list goes on, of course, just search this forum for 'anti-depressants', ADD, ADHD, etc, and i honestly wonder if what you called abuses doesn't yield most of the business' revenue.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Psychiatry is a legitimate branch of the medical sciences.

To say anything else indicates a complete lack of understanding of the field.

If you limit your complaints to real abuses then you have credibility.

When you deny the good that psychiatry has done and equate it with voodoo, then you've stepped into the arena of hysteria.

If you go to your general practitioner and bitch enough about a viral infection, he will prescribe an antibiotic for you, just to shut you up.

Furthermore, most of the psychotropic drugs prescribed in America are prescribed by general practitioners, so the psychiatrists are getting a lot of heat for abuses they don't even commit.

You can start your research here:

Google Search

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
what you said about medication being primarily prescribed by GPs is of course a good point. i'm not trying to denigrate the entire field of Psychiatry, i'm just asking whether the 'science' moniker is fully accurate.

it's certainly not a natural science, because quantifiable data is very rare, f-x. 'chemical imbalance' in the brain can't be tested for. that doesn't mean it does not exist, but as long as it can't be proven, prescribing meds for believing that something might be amiss, chemically, is not science, is it?

PS: i was using voodoo as an analogy, not for comparison and i'm not really sure if more radical criticism is necessarily a sign of hysteria, either.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
grady makes a good point. psychotropic drugs are prescribed often by family docs and pain management doctors.

i have been prescribed an anti depressant before to help me sleep..

just cause these drugs are being prescribed, it does not mean that it is a psych doing the prescribing.
what some forget too, is much like antibiotics, it is absolutely critical that you take these meds as directed.
you can't be skipping days and miss 2 days. people decide for themselves they don't want to take them anymore so they just stop taking them. not good.
i think that is a huge part of the problem. patient abuse. i think these meds would be much more effective if they were used properly. a lot of times they are not and it is not the doctors fault.

no matter what you think, it is a science and a very legitimate one at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join