It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's & Art Bell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Occasionally Bell "spices things up" a bit by interviewing some guy who claims to work for the government on an ultra-top secret project which either made visible things become invisible or invisible things become visible, but these clowns easily take back seat to the alien scientists. The alien scientists are Art Bell's favorite guest, as they often have the best evidence to back up their bizarre theories. Note that when I write "they have evidence" I mean "they don't have any evidence." Each time an alien scientist is on, he invariably claims to have conclusive proof of alien existence that can not be refuted by any scientist either alive, dead, or a combination of the two. Unfortunately, the alien scientist is never able to bring the proof or show it to the media because it's in the lab being examined or he accidentally left it on the subway or it's being tuned up at the local tire store. But hey, this evidence is REAL and it'll be available through his members-only website or $29.99 hardback book entitled, "What the # Kind of Crazy-Ass # Has Been Implanted Into My Nose, Huh?"

somethingawful.com...

An all-around hillarious article really. But you gotta admit, the guy brings up alot of good points.

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by Paradigm]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Art Bell and George Noory do have lots of questionable guests on their show but you listen to it. It's a good show and certainly a talk show that isn't like all the rest out there. But their station in Los Angeles - KFI640 am is canceling their show (from 10pm-1am). That's really a bummer. If there are any fans of the show out here in LA - please email the programming department at KFI640.com and let them know you like the show.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I've listened to Bell for over 10 years. He has a unique ability to Orsen Wells you every night, getting you to think something "secrect" is going to be revealed tonight and wrapping it in shadow. He is just plain fun and what great radio is all about. I actually think he is the best radio personality out there and I can't think any media personality that has as much charisma. Noory is not as entertaining, but I love that he is going into "the field" and attending paranormal experiments and reporting on them (very cool). His voice gives me this not so dark feel of things, but more of a reporter twist...he needs to open up a little more like Bell and admit what scares him and fascinates him. Bell takes you on a scary amusement park ride, while Noory just takes you on a stroll by a spooky house.

After 10 years, I don't just discount everything I've heard on this show. 30% of the time it's crap, 30% of the time it's fear mongering, and 30% of the time it is full of things people need to really hear and think about...usually you can figure that out after the first hour their guest is on.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ha ha, I like Something Awful, though I have not been there in a while! I've listened to the coast to coast show several times, and I must admit, Art Bell is only human and annoys me to no end, at times. Some shows he seems to ramp up excitement and secrecy, which a lot of people like of course.
But he's a good host. I really appreciate George Noory though, he's calm.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Whoops I forgot my other 10% in the previous post. That other 10% on C2C are all those damn commercials!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm

Occasionally Bell "spices things up" a bit by interviewing some guy who claims to work for the government on an ultra-top secret project which either made visible things become invisible or invisible things become visible, but these clowns easily take back seat to the alien scientists. The alien scientists are Art Bell's favorite guest, as they often have the best evidence to back up their bizarre theories. Note that when I write "they have evidence" I mean "they don't have any evidence." Each time an alien scientist is on, he invariably claims to have conclusive proof of alien existence that can not be refuted by any scientist either alive, dead, or a combination of the two. Unfortunately, the alien scientist is never able to bring the proof or show it to the media because it's in the lab being examined or he accidentally left it on the subway or it's being tuned up at the local tire store. But hey, this evidence is REAL and it'll be available through his members-only website or $29.99 hardback book entitled, "What the # Kind of Crazy-Ass # Has Been Implanted Into My Nose, Huh?"

somethingawful.com...

Why did reading that remind me of Bush/Rumsfeld and the whole hunt for WMD's?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yes, I believe that 95% of the guests on Coast to Coast are bogus...

But who doesn't love a fireside monster story? Every civilization, from Homer's time to today, has made scary stories about encounters with the unknown a part of its culture. So... Even if most of Bell's stuff is not true, it's still quality entertainment. As things are, though, I believe that many of Art's (and, now, George's) guests ARE legitimate. If even 1 in 50 is for real... well, that still makes for a lot to think about.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have been listenig to Art Bell for about 7 years. I find his show fascinating, and I believe 95% of his guests. I've experienced WEIRD & SPOOKY stuff myself!

top topics

join