It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long you think us Humans Got?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally by uberarcanist..
if everyone has the bomb, who's going to want to go to war, when it would probably always result in nuclear holocaust.

Yes, there seems to be some mechanism to prevent nuclear bomb use. Fortunately terrorists are hardly handy enough to operate an AK 47 let alone a nuc. Nucs require lots of maintenance to remain operative. I subscribe to the idea that there are ETs out there protecting ourselves from ourselves. Discs being involved with the shutdown of missle silos going back to cold war days, etc.
But the new factor is the half nuts leader of Iran. He's a "Twelver" and if that doesn't ring a bell, I'd read up on them. They truly believe that if they can bring about a nuclear holocaust that the 12th Imam will come up out of a well and along with Jesus Christ will bring judgement on all us siners and of course will deal in the favor of the "Twelvers". The Shaw of Iran used to kill these guys as soon as he dug them out of their little rat holes but the Shaw is gone and they are in power now! So will the Iran President get smart before he finishes making his bombs and not use them? Permit me to doubt! Will negociations with him by Condy help? Doubt it! Will his bombs fizzle out before they get to their targets? I sure hope so! Meanwhile, enjoy the ride it's a great planet!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyPete

Either way, I don't think the downfall of human society as we know it today will be caused by nukes. I'm pretty sure there may be a few nukes used in the not too far away future, but I believe they will be rogue nukes detonated by "terrorists" and in no way associated with any soverign country who we would be in danger of getting into a nuclear exchange with.

I disagree with this paragraph. I agree that when the nuclear exchange happens it will be because of terrorists with nukes, but they will be associated with sovereign countries. Because it will be the sovereign countries who will have supplied the terrorists with either the nukes or the materials and skills to make them. Providing terrorists with materials and skills should not absolve the sovereign country.
That is why a change should be made in the NATO treaty.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
yeah when i say "us" i do mean "us".... "they" (the people who know whats coming) will be hiding in their holes

The us who paid the tax money that was used to build the holes.

The us, or what is left of us, who will be waiting for them to come out of the holes with most likely a less than nice attitude.

[edit on 5/3/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I say about 150 years until the beginning of the real end, unless there is a major culling of the over crowded heard. If there is then I would say we could make it another thousand years or so before we either have to move or die out all together because the planet will by that time will be to cold to support human life.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by angryamerican]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
...because the planet will by that time the planet will be to cold to support human life.

If I may ask, why do you think this will be?

We've survived Ice Ages before as much more primitive societies, why
would we not survive another one, especially with much more advanced
technology.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think that Humans could survive anything if we put our minds to it (we're just that innovative) At one point there were about 2,000 Humans (recent research shows) Left on the planet, and look we came back from that to the 6 billion we have now.

Though I think that we will be threatened like that again, and in the near future.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just what the human race needs. Another thread full of positivity.
God I would love to see how some of you people would handle a real crisis.

The human race will be around for along time yet. The sun aint due to go superenova for atleast 5000, Million years.

Ram

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We all carry around a story inside our minds. And so does the whole world.
It's a very human thing and our habits is a result of that story being told inside each and everyone of us.

Some people have a story of becomming a soldier and fight at the frontlines - the story goes as one of the oldest stories in this world like many others - to die for your country.

Many people have a story inside their minds to have a good family, work and make money for them.

There is also the story of a person who want to be free and walk the earth.

All these stories. The story about bying a car, and the story about having enough money to keep that car dream alive.

-
These days, it seems like the story of mankind is disappearing - The story is about those who do not see the story other people see. And we are starting to live a new story. This story is about releasing the chains of previous stories.
Thats why it's called the story of your life.

Once apon a time they made the story of a jesus. a Buddha - a Krishna. an Allah.
And these stories became part of every human mind on this planet.

These days when I hear those names - I can only ask: Are you sure they where real? That it's not really a story about human creatures - but a story about somthing else.

It's like you spend all your day thinking of Buddha Christ or Allah - Krishna. And then imagine the world they lived in. What kinda story do you think they had themselves in their minds?

It's like every time some crisis come along on the political front we all go pray on these persons and their God. And as long as we pray things MIGHT turn out better - or you will make up a story that makes sense, and everything has a meaning.

Peices of the puzzel falls into place. And you become a bit more happy than 2 minutes ago. And so you seek the next part of the story - Because the story you had in your mind before made sense - so the story continue.

Until one day - The story of your lifetime stops, and you become a person without a storyboard - without an beginning or end.

And that is the end of mankind - and the end of your ego.

And what we end up with - when the story of mankind has been destroyed, and the big glorious dream has stopped hunting us every second of our life. Is the story of the Sun, the flapping birds and the garden of Eden. It is the story of crops being planted and up comes food from the ground.
It's like when the Sun turns Stone into bread and water into vine.

The only thing I sincerly hope will end is the story inside people heads. It is the only way we can save this planet. But offcourse we would have to get rid of the idea of Disneyland - The story of evil leaders and the story inside the minds of all these leaders needs to come to a sudden stop.
Just like a car engine.

You know - I believe they make up these strories to keep us trapped inside it. The never ending story. So that you believe your kinda part of a story - Which in fact is an illusion.
And that illusion will kill this planet - Because it's a wicked dream.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

...because the planet will by that time the planet will be to cold to support human life.

If I may ask, why do you think this will be?

We've survived Ice Ages before as much more primitive societies, why
would we not survive another one, especially with much more advanced
technology.

I think this because We are over due, for a ice age this part is not me its proven fact. the part that is me is the part ware I believe we have done so much damage to this beloved rock that it will in fact get to cold to survive. twice the earth has gone threw a complete global freeze why is it so hard to believe it will happen again? As for the technology its the reason were in this mess. and technology is only as good as the electricity that runs it no electricity no technology.

Originally posted by kindred

Just what the human race needs. Another thread full of positivity. God I would love to see how some of you people would handle a real crisis.

The human race will be around for along time yet. The sun aint due to go superenova for atleast 5000, Million years.

Talk about negative. first off thats why most of these people come to the ATS survival forums. they want to learn how to handle a crisis. Second people have real crisis every day. No they may not be world ending but they are still crisis. So show some of the readers a little respect. every body has an idea dont down them for daring to share it.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If Dinosaurs were around for millions of years, so can we. Have some faith in yourselves, you (Mod Edit: Removed insult)

[edit on 4-5-2007 by All Seeing Guy]

(Mod Note: Insulting your fellow ATSers will not be tolerated. At ATS, we demand a certain level of respect between fellow members. You are welcome to disagree with them, and express your views, and we should indeed have some faith in ourselves, but calling your fellow member's a name is just not how we roll around here. -TheLibra)

[edit on 5/4/2007 by thelibra]

Ram

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

We have done so much damage to this beloved rock that it will in fact get to cold to survive. twice the earth has gone through a complete global freeze why is it so hard to believe it will happen again?

Perhaps the trees use to keep the planet warm - Now there is less trees - so it's getting colder.
You know there was trees everywhere - It must have been quiet a sight.
Thats somthing I have been thinking about.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How would trees keep the planet warm, exactly?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Trees filter excess carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere (greenhouse gas) and provide us with enough OXYGEN to live. Did some of you forget what we are currently breathing to stay alive (mixture of mostly nitrogen with about 20% oxygen)?

Trees also hold much of our fresh water and release it into the atmosphere as rain in a process called transpiration.

As for keeping our planet warm, I'm not so sure. They do keep internal processes running so in this area, that's the solution. Kill the trees, mess up the cycles, mess up the cycles= mass extinctions.

I suggest some of you pick up a biology book and understand how important plants are to our existence.

Thank you for your time.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
On average, a mammal specie does not live longer then 2 million years without being replaced by either an ungraded evolved version, or simply dieing off for various reasons. Few mammals survive longer then that..

Sooo.. maybe about 1.5 million years left or so?

Unless we destroy our selves.

Wouldn't that be ironic.. most advanced species to ever lived -- lasted shorter then almost all major Mammals in the same family.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
On average, a mammal specie does not live longer then 2 million years without being replaced by either an ungraded evolved version, or simply dieing off for various reasons. Few mammals survive longer then that..

Sooo.. maybe about 1.5 million years left or so?

Unless we destroy our selves.

Wouldn't that be ironic.. most advanced species to ever lived -- lasted shorter then almost all major Mammals in the same family.

maybe there was an advanced species that lived here billions of years ago, maybe they didnt last too long themselves.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe hikix. Some things would prevail though.. well not billions, but at the very least millions of years. Life its self in advanced stages did not exist "billions" of years ago.

Think about it.. our cities will be there for millions of years after we are gone.. they won't be standing, but they will be highly noticeable.. ruins all over the place.

If there was an advances life form before us, we would have found evidence of such.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hopefully not long....

Ram

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How trees makes heat?

Atleast they create clean water. And all sorts of stuff.
I dunno If they create heat in some way - It's a thought I had.
Eventually it is the sun that creates heat -

Sun does everything - Im so much tripping over that Sun that I actually think It's Jesus - Yes - So much confusion inside the bible.

I don't think Jesus was a man ever. No flesh or blod there.
Im tripping so much over that aspect - Jesus was no man.
It's the sun. It's the greatest lie ever - Jesus was not flesh.

The sun does everything. It's Logic.
The Sun is your Messiah.

But I think more trees would not be a bad thing.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Ram]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now, what if an asteroid 30 miles around were to crash into the earth...do you think we can survive "anything we put our minds to"?

That scenario is quite possible too...it could happen next week.

Ram

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sdrawkcab - Why should we discuss a 30 mile Astroid?
Pointless.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join