It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long you think us Humans Got?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm gonna say less than 50 years, i believe once the first nuke goes off there will be all out nuclear war. And when the Nukes are out, the Biological and Chemical Weapons are fair game. After that im sure humans will survive but we'll be back to the stone age!

Lets hear what ya got!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The people "in charge" so to speak will make sure they save themselves as well as a good population of physically and mentally superior specimens to repopulate the planet, under strict supervision of course.

The rest of us are screwed.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by DirtyPete]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
^ I agree. So when you say "us" hikkix...you mean people with no power. Lol.

Yeah..."us" won't last long.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That depends...

WWWaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

(Huge evil laugh)

Exit stage left...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
yeah when i say "us" i do mean "us".... "they" (the people who know whats coming) will be hiding in their holes

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I'm gonna say less than 50 years, i believe once the first nuke goes off there will be all out nuclear war. And when the Nukes are out, the Biological and Chemical Weapons are fair game. After that im sure humans will survive but we'll be back to the stone age!

Lets hear what ya got!

the world has enough nukes to kill everyone in it about 100-1000 times over, believe me nothing will live not even the people that went underground will be able to last the fall out , also there will be dangerous levels of radiation that will last thousands of years and possibly at some point the sun will be blocked because of debree and stuff in the atmosphere...if life does survive it will be in the sea but at the very deepest parts.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Don't be absurd, if there was going to be a nuclear war it would've happened a long time ago.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Don't be absurd, if there was going to be a nuclear war it would've happened a long time ago.

how is that so, there are hundreds more nukes now, and more countries are becoming nuclear. theres plenty of time left!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Actually there are less nukes now, hikix, because of the arms reductions treaties. Furthermore, I think the bomb is one of the best things that ever happened to the human race. Think about it this way, if everyone has the bomb, who's going to want to go to war, when it would probably always result in nuclear holocaust.

Nuclear bombs are fascinating, in that they only exist so they WON'T BE USED.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
4 years and some change.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOne
4 years and some change.

You give us meatsacks too little credit. I think if we can survive the Black Death, we can survive anything.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure a biological attack humans would survive, but nuclear and chemical...that's another story.

If the powers that be have their way, we won't last much longer (ie 10 years or less). However, if the people have anything to do with changing how the world is run we will last for a long long time.

It's our choice after all isn't it?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Perhaps a reduction of the global population by 2/3 isn't such a bad idea? I mean it sucks for me and you, but in the end it's better for the planet.

Although if something like this were carried out (say with a bioengineered virus) the #ty thing is that I can see the society that emerges from such a disaster as having to give complete control of all aspects of their lives to a higher power, and I ain't talkin about jesus.

Microchipping and monitoring 6 billion people is a logistical nightmare even with cutting edge tracking technology.

Either way, I don't think the downfall of human society as we know it today will be caused by nukes. I'm pretty sure there may be a few nukes used in the not too far away future, but I believe they will be rogue nukes detonated by "terrorists" and in no way associated with any soverign country who we would be in danger of getting into a nuclear exchange with.

However, this is all if you subscribe to the theory of boogie men behind the scenes pulling strings to manipulate the course of history.

No, by far the easiest way to perform genocide on an unprecedented scale would be through a virus. Give the pre decided people the antidote (maybe without them even knowing) and leave the rest to rott.

Sorry I'm kind of rambling, but I'm running on very little sleep here and just kind of typing in a stream of consciousness fashion.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by DirtyPete]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
the world has enough nukes to kill everyone in it about 100-1000 times over, believe me nothing will live not even the people that went underground will be able to last the fall out , also there will be dangerous levels of radiation that will last thousands of years and possibly at some point the sun will be blocked because of debree and stuff in the atmosphere...if life does survive it will be in the sea but at the very deepest parts.

Wrong. Not much else to say.

I'm terrified of biological warfare, though. Forget nukes, viruses and whatnot are absolutely terrifying, and their destructive capacity can't even be predicted.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well that depends on your definition.

I do not think humanity will ever go extinct, at least not until the universe
is no longer capable of supporting life, but even than I think we may just
find a way to go to another universe, or possibly even create one.

Now, if you mean current Homo Sapien Sapien, I think that in a thousand
years from now humanity will have developed to such a point that the
humans of today could be completely gone, but it may end up that small
populations will exist for a long time.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why do you automatically assume the human race is doomed?

We dont need doom and gloom. We need hope, we need courage, we need inner strength. How can we throw in the towel, and say "well its over, the only question is how long is there left?" What makes you think that? How can you just give up on your species, on your planet, on your SELF?

Sure, the world is in a dire state. Sure, the Elite are out of control, and have horrible plans for this planet. Sure, things arent looking too good at the present moment, and sure if things keep going the way they are, we dont have much time left.

But, what happened to our power to control our own destiny? For thousands of years, we have given our power away to an evil Elite who have enslaved and dragged this world to near destruction. In their quest for might and power, they have created weapons that could wipe out our civilization. It has happened only because, we the people, have let it happen.

And what of God? What of the great beings who have incarnated on Earth in times past? Jesus, Buddha, Moses, the great minds of men, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Francis Bacon, Compte de St. Germain, Nikola Tesla...where are these great souls in humanities time of need? Where is Jesus? Do they not care for the species, are they not here helping us?

Are they? Think about it.

God has a plan for humanity. That plan doesnt involve our destruction, quite the opposite. We are on a path of evolution, of enlightenment. Through our experiences in the darkness, humanity has learned valuable lessons, and I would say that humanity as a whole, is good and just and wants peace and freedom and Truth for all. Its only the dark ones who have always controlled us still do, and they are trying to prevent our natural spiritual evolution.

One of the ways they do that is spreading fear propaganda of doom and gloom, and catastrophes, and nuclear holocausts, and omg we are all doomed, start building your shelters. Its all ludicrous.

Humanity is destined for greatness, we are destined to traverse the stars, to populate the galaxies, to create things we havent even begun to imagine. There is a greater plan for humanity its so important to understand that. We are not alone, and never will be.

This world is in a dire state, but it is up to us to change ourselves, and change this world. Its up to us to take it into our hands to spread the Truth, and awaken our fellow man to our power. We, together, have the power to change things, its just most of us think we are alone, and think theres nothing we can do. Says who? Says you, nobody else.

Align yourself with Gods will, ask him to lead guide and direct you, and he will show you the way to Truth. He will show you how you can be of service to Him, and His divine plan for humanity. He has sent many great souls throughout history to plant the seed of higher consciousness into our minds, and bring great gifts to the world in every way. But its up to us to understand that we are a part of the process, and we have a part to play to create the world of Peace and Truth we all want.

The first step is learning the Truth about the dark and their activities, and the true intent behind it. The next step is awakening your brethren and bring the dark activities to Light. The next step is to understand the God within us, and realize our power to change our lives. Start with your personal life, get your relationships and emotions in order. Create harmony in your life, then work to create harmony in the world by shining the Light of Truth to lead those searching for the way. You will then be a shining example to everyone on just what a person can do if he just believes in himself.

We are not headed for doom and gloom, we are headed for Peace, Love, and Prosperity, Truth, Freedom for all. We are headed for a world we have never imagined. The first step is identifying the dark ones, cleaning up their mess, and creating a vision for a better world, and manifest that vision thru action.

Ask yourself, what am I doing to make the world better? What am I doing to bring change to this place? What am I doing in my own personal life to bring harmony and truth to the ones in the dark? If you arent doing nothing to better your personal world, then DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN YOUR PERSONAL WORLD.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Nuclear bombs are fascinating, in that they only exist so they WON'T BE USED.

ROFL, that is true...

I'm keeping this quote as a signature. This made my day.

I think mankind will survive... Mars is the next target and after that... who knows.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by The_unraveller]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i guess im not very optimistic of our future after we havnt been around very long and ransacked this planet so bad in the past 100 years... i cant see this going on much longer.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Humans have been on the verge of extinction for the whole of our existence as a species.

Our biological family, the apes, only has three major groups left; the chimps, the gorillas, and us. The rest have all died out. Chimps and gorillas have specialized for their niche habitats. Humans instead specialized their brains, and we've been playing "beat the clock" with history ever since.

I don't think that biological weapons or natural plagues will extinctify us. The 6 billion humans have incredible variations. For instance, there is a group of about a dozen humans who are known to have been infected with HIV, but seem to have some sort of natural immunity to it. In a population like ours, with so much variation, and so many pocket enclaves, it's practically impossible for a disease mechanism to kill every last one of us. Some village of mud huts in a rain forest has a group of kids who are immune to some given disease. Now, all of us people in technical societies may be wiped out, but humans somewhere will still be breeding, even after atomic discharges. Like cockroaches.

10 percent of all humans who've ever died have been killed by malaria. And yet most populations in succeptible areas have developed at least partial immunity to it. Same probably happened with the black death, as a prior poster noted.

Nukes are even more that way. The more humans who've been killed in an atomic showdown, the less impetus to launch each successive round of nukes. And fewer hands to push the button.

Is it impossible for us to go extinct?

You and I will never know. We'll probably die in the first round of Cancerflu, or succumb to the robotoid ants being developed in Iranian death-labs. It'll be the tribespeople out in the forest who get missed by the death beams, who carry on the human race, and help a future Sarah Connor birth the next generation. . .

But like I say, you and I'll never know.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think the more relevent question is how much longer can Mother Nature take what we throw at her before she has a massive collapse?
We will survive I am sure...but I am not so sure that the enviorment and the animals will not have a severe catastrophe...causing us severe distress due to our own hand
I do believe this will happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join