It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's or Military jets in Australia please read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This s a first hand story.
About one year ago me and my family were camping in Bright near Falls Creek Victoria, Australia. Anyway we were in a campground in a clearing of about 100metres (320 feet) so you get the picture of the amount of sky we had a veiw of.

Anyway we were just sitting there looking at the sky when three white lights speed across our view in about 5 seconds. We chased them to the next clearing but couldsnt see them. They were VERY close together no idea how close cause i dont know how far away they were. They made no sound had did not blink like airplane lights.

I dont know of any military bases in the area but I am not a local, let me know if you think it was UFO or military exercise.

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That was around the time that the Commonwealth Games were on in Melbourne, is it possible it was one of the fighter jets that were patrolling the restricted airspace? I think they only had the fighters up during the opening and closing ceremony's and I know they were only just visible with the naked eye and very hard to make out what they were unless you were looking for them.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
About how big where the lights at arms length to your point of view?
What did the lights look like in terms of their hue? Did they change colors or remain consistent?
If they crossed your field of view in only a matter of seconds that should help narrow down their size and distance. If there was no sound at all it almost rules out conventional aircraft unless they where really far away.

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
About one year ago me and my family were camping in Bright near Falls Creek Victoria, Australia. Anyway we were in a campground in a clearing of about 100metres (320 feet) so you get the picture of the amount of sky we had a veiw of.

Anyway we were just sitting there looking at the sky when three white lights speed across our view in about 5 seconds. We chased them to the next clearing but couldsnt see them. They were VERY close together no idea how close cause i dont know how far away they were. They made no sound had did not blink like airplane lights.

I dont know of any military bases in the area but I am not a local, let me know if you think it was UFO or military exercise.

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
But fighter jets dont really look like balls of light, even if your seeing their afterburner you can distinguish a shape around it, but who knows..

Originally posted by SG-1-9er
That was around the time that the Commonwealth Games were on in Melbourne, is it possible it was one of the fighter jets that were patrolling the restricted airspace? I think they only had the fighters up during the opening and closing ceremony's and I know they were only just visible with the naked eye and very hard to make out what they were unless you were looking for them.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
About how big where the lights at arms length to your point of view?
What did the lights look like in terms of their hue? Did they change colors or remain consistent?
If they crossed your field of view in only a matter of seconds that should help narrow down their size and distance. If there was no sound at all it almost rules out conventional aircraft unless they where really far away.

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

Thanks

They would have been about 1-2 cm (almsot 1 inch) across and they remained white the entire time at.

[edit on 3/5/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience a few years ago in W.A, Australia.
Three solid white, and silent lights moved quickly overhead in the night sky in a trianglar formation.
I was thrilled to bits thinking it was a UFO sighting, but my bubble was soon burst when I was informed (by friends who live in WA who were standing with me) that they are military planes.

Bummer

Thinking back, I accepted that, no questions asked - these days I would debate that explaination! Now I wonder what made them so sure??

new topics

top topics

join